Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 02 2012
By: socompete123 Lombax Warrior 120 posts

Is Sony the Slant six of gaming corporations?

7 replies 290 views Edited Sep 2, 2012
I went on the store today. They have a future free to play game (dust) beta available to play, but only for ps plus users.

How the hell can you have a beta exclusive To a freaking free to play game?

Beta exclusives are just dumb because betas are for players to report bugs or for the free marketing, so you should want as many players to play as possible.

I think Sony is smoking dust in the 514
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
630 posts

Re: Is Sony the Slant six of gaming corporations?

Sep 2, 2012

socompete123 wrote:
I went on the store today. They have a future free to play game (dust) beta available to play, but only for ps plus users.

Beta exclusives are just dumb because betas are for players to report bugs or for the free marketing, so you should want as many players to play as possible.

Makes sense actually. Giving those that purchased it added bonus ( whole point to it) and to bost sales of playstation plus.... Crap i fell into the trolls web how did I not see this.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3986 posts

Sep 2, 2012

Let's just agree that PlayStation Plus is nothing more than a scam targeted at idiots.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6387 posts

Sep 3, 2012

socompete123 wrote:

its a promise they made with the promotion. it a foot in the door to  testing games  jobs for  gamers might even lead to job witht he devs in that depeartment if give great feed back... Its more than  playing a game and telling the dev  "Oh we love it..

and yes sony is smoking  dust in  the 514, i think everyone i cali has  card too .. jokes.. :smileyhappy:

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (216 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1211 posts

Sep 3, 2012

Funny thing is the title not only doesn't make sense, the comparison of Slant Six but also Sony did not originate this. Microsoft did.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (210 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24774 posts

Sep 11, 2012

socompete123 wrote:

It's called a "perk". Look it up. 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
209 posts

Sep 12, 2012

Usually scams aren't beneficial to the one being scammed.  I can transfer my save files via the cloud to any ps3 in my house (or anyone else's house).  I have received multiple free games that I would have eventually purchased, Infamous, Borderlands, Infamous 2.  I get discounts on other games that I purchase (CS:GO).  I get access to Beta's that the general populace doesn't, private Starhawk Beta, Dust 514 and more in the future.  I also never have to download any updates or ever sync my trophies, all patches are automatically downloaded for me.

I personally find all those things beneficial and have the finances to spend so am a Plus user.  Those things may not benefit you and if you subscribed to a service that didn't benefit you, I agree, you would be getting scammed.  But Sony would not be the scammer, you would just be reveling in your own stupidity at that point.

MAAN [Married And Always Nagged] Clan is recruiting, period. Also I NEED friends for Ghost Recon Coop/Guerilla/MP for trophies, will help you with trophies in return! Send me a friend invite with "Ghost Recon" in it.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (162 Views)
Splicer
43 posts

Sep 13, 2012

I'm in the beta and I don't have PS+. I actually signed up for it like I was asked to.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (159 Views)
0 Likes