Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5108 posts

Re: HAZE may be bad...but it's selling!?

May 23, 2008
Sure is selling.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 38 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
568 posts

May 23, 2008

KLimczak15 wrote:
well my EB games is sold out but they have a deal that u can keep it for a week and if u dont like it u can bring it back for a full refund no questions asked so thats all i did is buy it im gonna go through the single player maybe play online a little then return it next week since its nothing too special

The logic behind your purchase makes absolutely no sense what-so-ever. 

If you're already certain you'll be taking the game back for a full refund, then why not just rent the game for a few days instead?  Seriously, why drop $60 bucks - even though you'll be getting that money back anyhow.

It sounds to me like there's the possibility you'll end-up buying the game for good?  Or perhaps you simply wanna' save $7 dollars on a rental?

Message Edited by snoogans460 on 05-23-2008 04:55 PM
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 38 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12180 posts

May 23, 2008

this game is selling because:

it has a cool name

it's an exclusive

people have no idea how bad it is

of unknown hype 

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 38 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12180 posts

May 23, 2008

KLimczak15 wrote:
well my EB games is sold out but they have a deal that u can keep it for a week and if u dont like it u can bring it back for a full refund no questions asked so thats all i did is buy it im gonna go through the single player maybe play online a little then return it next week since its nothing too special

if you read the receipt, that applies to used games.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 38 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2796 posts

May 23, 2008

InTheZoneAC wrote:

KLimczak15 wrote:

hes referring to the play haze for free promotion. i dont know if its still in effect, but not like im returning mines anyway

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 38 (0 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

May 23, 2008

mn21 wrote:

InTheZoneAC wrote:

KLimczak15 wrote:

hes referring to the play haze for free promotion. i dont know if its still in effect, but not like im returning mines anyway

Here's an article that say's it really wasn't supposed to be in effect.  Seems the store he went to was doing the promotion...

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 38 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2796 posts

May 23, 2008
he might be from canada. theres a link saying that canada still did that promotion
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 38 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
790 posts

May 23, 2008
Well think about it people on these forums is a small percent of how many ps3 gamers there is.We are the **bleep** heads that read all the crap and judge games by this and that.Most gamers im sure just maybe check a game website look at photos thats it dont read news or go into online detail like we do.So i think HAZE will still do decent in sales.
PSN - NOOB-LIFE

LIFES A BALANCE
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 38 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1844 posts

May 23, 2008

Zero Hope wrote:
sucks that so many people will be disapointed

Actually most people who buy a game with zero hype or no prior knowledge of a video game, tend to have a much fresher opinion on the game.

An example would be Gears of War. I didn't know zip, nada, zero about that game until my brother played it on his 360. I was blown away.

Obviously that's not necessarily the case with Haze, but I think if majority of those people who bought the game might actually like it.

0 Likes
Sackboy
642 posts

May 23, 2008

It's called "word of mouth."

First night of HAZE was just people who decided to get it despite the reviews. Second night of HAZE were a lot of people who were holding out and got it because their online friends told them they were having a blast in the campaign with online friends and that the other online modes were hella fun. I expect the HAZE gamer population to steadily rise as word spreads of how fun it is.

While I'm on the topic, from what I read most of the bad reviews focused on graphic glitches (i hardly saw any), bad physics (sometimes you notice them, but it doesn't take away from the fun factor), and hokey dialogue (i didn't find it hokey). And calling it a generic shooter? Hmm. In the 16 player multiplayer modes, each side has unique tactics and feel. Mantel troopers have better movement and accuracy thanks to the Nectar. Not to mention that their melee is insta kill. On the Promise Hand rebels side, you can't survive as long as Mantel troopers, due to not being on nectar and not having the fancy armor. So, you have to use your brain instead of just brute force. Plant grenades and nectar grenades (causes overdose) in the ground like mines. Play dead when they damage you (they cant see you when you're dead, because Nectar censors death and blood from Mantel soldiers). Use your knife to stab, or put Nectar on the knife and give em an overdose. Sneak up on a Mantel soldier and melee them, then stealing their gun and using it on them for a surprise (and freaky) kill. Oh, and you can hit jump twice to roll around and doge, which the troopers cannot do. If this sort've gameplay has been done before, then so be it. But, many gamers (myself included) are delighted at the gameplay, both with the jump-in-jump-out campaign with online friends and the deathmatches, team deathmatches, and the story-related team assault modes which requires a lot of tactics.

I'll put it this way. I've played HAZE non-stop the last two days. I haven't touched GTA4 or CoD4 at all. Even with GTA4, I didn't play it this much at one time right after I got it. If I'm addicted to a 4.5 game and having the time of my life... THEN I WANT MORE 4.5 GAMES!!! lol

So, criticize it if you want. Doesn't bother me. Those of us who saw through the haze (lol) of bad reviews and took a chance at not following the "herd," are happy we did. It's paid off, and I'm having the time of my life.

And so you don't think I'm just a rabid fanboy, I'll give you what I think the negatives are of the game:  The graphics could've been better, but I got over that very quickly. Some physics are funky, but don't really take your attention away from the fun action. No party system in multiplayer. No reward system or visible ranks. As you should be able to tell, it's really just nit-picking. If I had to review it myself, I would definately agree it's not a perfect 10. It doesn't really do anything revolutionary, graphically or gameplay-wise. It merely makes a lot of small tweaks. And the subtleties are what really make it fun. From the thinking-man's gameplay to the differences of how the maps appear to you in multiplayer (ie. Its sunny and birds are singing for Mantel. It's raining and gritty from the Rebels point of view. Nectar does that.)

PSN: NESv1
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 38 (0 Views)
0 Likes