Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 29 2012
By: rengle598 Fender Bender 4334 posts
Accepted Solution

Great idea for future shooters that will get the compony more money, and more players old AND young

3 replies 55 views Edited Jul 29, 2012
the other day, I came up with a great idea. If this gets 20 views, I will explain it more in depth. There are a ton of great games that are released with an M rating because they have too much gore or swearing. Well, if the gaming industry just took it out, rated the game T, they would probably lose a lot of gamers. But, if they put all the gore and swearing into a DLC pack, then everyones happy. Thoughts? Sound off bellow. Like I said, if you are interested, I will expand on the idea after 20 views, or 5 comments. (by different people)

Driving.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Re: Great idea for future shooters that will get the compony more money, and more players old AND yo

[ Edited ]
Jul 29, 2012

I personally think it sounds "cheap" to make people pay for content like swearing and gore. It's not like they're losing sales because they're rated M. Plus, there would probably be some sort of loophole in confirming someone is 17+ to download that content to begin with.

There's plenty of rated T games that sell well without that content anyway. Look at the Uncharted series...

EDIT: Well, granted, Uncharted does get up there in the language department once in a while, but it's still T.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (53 Views)
Fender Bender
4334 posts

Re: Great idea for future shooters that will get the compony more money, and more players old AND yo

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2012
Yes indeed. However, I think it would be more like an "Unrated" version so to say. Another way to do it is to program two versions of the game. However, the best way would be to have little DLC codes in specialy marked cases. (e.g. GOTY, like how you can buy LBP, or you can buy it with, and I quote, "Over $45 Worth of DLC!") So, with the specialy marked ones, you have the DLC, for freeeeee! Another idea is to make younger games pay an extra $5 for a cut version. Edit: I own uncharted. And a lot of other games like it. If that's how it's gonna be, then why not just have people create a great game only rated T, with Battlefield 3 like graphics and mechanics. So far, there are none.

Driving.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3482 posts

Jul 30, 2012

KaozTh3orist wrote:

I personally think it sounds "cheap" to make people pay for content like swearing and gore. It's not like they're losing sales because they're rated M. Plus, there would probably be some sort of loophole in confirming someone is 17+ to download that content to begin with.

There's plenty of rated T games that sell well without that content anyway. Look at the Uncharted series...

EDIT: Well, granted, Uncharted does get up there in the language department once in a while, but it's still T.

^^^ THIS

1. every game has a ESRB rating. 

2. its stupid to make people pay for content like swearing and gore.

3. if your not old enought to play M rated games then dont play it.

company shoudnt have to remove content like swearing and gore just for kids.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (39 Views)
0 Likes