Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 17 2013
By: cvbxsta Hekseville Citizen 268 posts

Considering buying Crysis PSN, have a few questions

2 replies 91 views Edited Jan 17, 2013

So I loved the sequel but I'm torn between getting the original or Chaos Theory HD

1) Every gameplay vid I've seen shows you dual wielding pistols. Yet in the trailer there was a clip of Nomad only using a single pistol. Is this still possible and if so, how?

2) Can you go prone? I've asked thiston other forums buy never got a definite answer. Some other forums say you can't, yet numerous reviews state that you can go prone. Can anyone finally answer this? Not a deal breaker or anything, but laying a prone a mile away from a enemy camp with sniper rifle is just part of the badass fantasy

3) Any stealth tips?  I love stealth and I love open-ended multi-tactic games like Crysis so the level of stealth is important. How or can you do silent kills? How is the AI in responding to stealth tactics? Can you tag enemies like in Crysis 2?

4) After you grab any enemy, can you just drop them or do you have to throw? Because I read that you can choke enemies unconscious, so this would be a good stealth tactic

5) How varied are the environments? I know it's a jungle island, but do enemy bases become more complex than villages or small camps?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
805 posts

Re: Considering buying Crysis PSN, have a few questions

Jan 19, 2013

I just recently played through the original Crysis on the PlayStation 3.  I'll try to answer your questions as best I can.

1) I relied on my assault rifle for the entire game.  I never noticed the ability to duel wield pistols.  I did use a single pistol, but never duel wielded.  I do not think it is possible on the console version.

2) I am not familiar with the phrase "go prone."

3) Stealth is one of the biggest flaws in the original Crysis.  Enemies seem to be psychic in their ability to determine where Nomad is.  Everywhere you look, vegetation obscures your line of vision, but does not conceal you from enemies.  You might lie flat and motionless in a think bush only to have an enemiy 500 meters away sound the alarm.  Even while cloaked and crouched, enemies can detect Nomad if he gets close.  If you successfully sneak up on an enemy while cloaked and land a nice headshot with a silenced weapon, all your suit power is depleted and every enemy in the hemisphere will be aware of your exact location.  I was usually able to take out only one or two enemies stealthily before everyone caught on and I was forced to resort to run-and-gun tactics.  It is possible to tag enemies in the same way that you tag them in Crysis 2.

4) Upon grabbing an enemy, I noticed only the option to throw them, which seems to kill them instantly in addition to draining all of your suit power and attracting plenty of enemy attention.

5) Indeed, a very open jungle environment makes up the bulk of the game.  There are a small number of caves and buildings for Nomad to explore.  These are usually quite linear and more focused then the large outdoor environments.  In the third act, the game becomes quite linear.

In addition, Crysis does have a few performance issues on the PS3.  The frame rate can drop, especially during the frustrating final boss fight.  Also, playing the original Crysis is not necessary to discerning what is occurring in the story of Crysis.  Crysis 1 has almost no story.  The entire plot could be summed up in the words: "OMG!  Aliens!  Cliffhanger!"  It is not a terrible game, and I had fun, but I wouldn't bother recommending it.  

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (75 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: Considering buying Crysis PSN, have a few questions

Jan 20, 2013
I've played the PC version and not the PS3, but you can go prone.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (70 Views)
0 Likes