Sackboy
583 posts

Re: CS GO control input

Aug 25, 2012
Yeah, it's obvious PIG is half retarded.
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 31 (756 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
715 posts

Aug 25, 2012

ok striker

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 31 (748 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
583 posts

Aug 25, 2012
ok DEATHxTROLL187
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 31 (736 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2181 posts

Aug 27, 2012

I have  ds3 and set my controller up with the S:C button scheme.  It's nice to have the freedom to choose my own button layout.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 31 (716 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4721 posts

Aug 27, 2012

b_4721 wrote:
Just played the PS3 version for the 60 minute trial from plus using the controller. Then I went to the PC version and good god is wasd movement archaic...later I'm going to see if I can hook up a dualshock just to use the left stick while using the mouse to aim still.

You can use the PS Move navigation controller as a alternative to the keyboard on the PC, but AFAIK you cannot use that setup on the ps3.

Analog movement  + Mouse aiming is the best setup I've found so far fo FPSs on PC. (you can also use a DS3 + mouse, but thats awkward.

Too bad my 4y/o laptop can't run anything new (probably not even CS well) . And too bad the ps3 doesn't allow controller + mouse in CS.

I'm going to play CS:GO for the first time tonight on ps3, and I'll be using the DS3.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 31 (696 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10109 posts

Aug 28, 2012

Icculus716 wrote:

b_4721 wrote:
Just played the PS3 version for the 60 minute trial from plus using the controller. Then I went to the PC version and good god is wasd movement archaic...later I'm going to see if I can hook up a dualshock just to use the left stick while using the mouse to aim still.

You can use the PS Move navigation controller as a alternative to the keyboard on the PC, but AFAIK you cannot use that setup on the ps3.

Analog movement  + Mouse aiming is the best setup I've found so far fo FPSs on PC. (you can also use a DS3 + mouse, but thats awkward.

Too bad my 4y/o laptop can't run anything new (probably not even CS well) . And too bad the ps3 doesn't allow controller + mouse in CS.

I'm going to play CS:GO for the first time tonight on ps3, and I'll be using the DS3.

Never saw a reason to buy the navigator or whatever the hell they called it, when I played move games the left side of my dualshock worked just fine.

Surely they make gamepad PC accessories with an analog stick of some form but more keys  than you would have on a traditional controller? Looked briefly but didn't see much.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 31 (683 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4721 posts

Aug 28, 2012

b_4721 wrote:

Icculus716 wrote:

b_4721 wrote:

Never saw a reason to buy the navigator or whatever the hell they called it, when I played move games the left side of my dualshock worked just fine.

Surely they make gamepad PC accessories with an analog stick of some form but more keys  than you would have on a traditional controller? Looked briefly but didn't see much.

I have used the left side of the DS3  with a 9 button mouse for a few PC FPSs, but never really felt all that comfortable holding the whole controller with just one hand for an extended period of time. Usually I would eventually end up mapping the mouselook to the right analog and just using the ds3 by itself. But the DS3 would not be acceptable to me for competetive MP on PC against people aiming at me with mice. 
I have been looking for a PC gamepad with a good analog joystick but have not found anything better that I can reccommend. A couple of years ago I bought a Nostromo n52te gamepad, that has a d-pad/joystick and a bunch of programmable keys(http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=390404). But the dpad is awkward, and the little nub that fits into the dpad to make it more of a joystick didn't help any. So I haven't gotten much use out of it, except for a few strategy games like Company of Heroes.
I had been considering buying a splitfish (http://www.splitfish.com/index.php/en/products/fragfx-shark-ps3) to use the on pc and ps3, but apparently it doen't really work right for ps3. And I didn't feel like spending $60+ on a goofy mouse and a joystick that could be crap for all I know.  
It just dawned on me last week that i could use the Move controllers that are gathering dust in my drawer. and after replaying most of portal and screwing around with a couple other games, I definitely prefer the nav controller + mouse over the DS3 + mouse so far, even though the nav controller's joystick doesn't seem to be quite as high quality as the ds3 sticks(http://us.playstation.com/ps3/accessories/playstation-move-navigation-controller-ps3.html). 
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 31 (677 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2468 posts

Sep 4, 2012

Rated in the top 99.3% of the PS3 servers, and I use a DS3. There are clear advantages to having a mouse for aiming, but I feel like the DS3 works very well with this game.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 31 (594 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Sep 8, 2012

Rockin the ps move.  love it. 

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 31 (570 Views)
0 Likes