Reply
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 03/04/2004
Offline
3362 posts
 

Re: CS:GO= One of the worst games i have ever played.....

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2012

S_L_I_C_K wrote:

yeah, hit detection looks pretty spot on to me.

so counter strike pros, what did this guy do wrong?


I'm not a CS "pro" I'm more of an Unreal Tournament / Socom hardcore gamer that knows when someone isn't playing PERFECTly... and where he COULD have made a mistake or where his shot MIGHT have missed.   Someone else already responded to this, but here are more ideas to show you that things aren't so simple, and just because you see a miss or two doesn't mean the game doesn't work how it is meant to work...

 

1) Even though he wasn't MOVING (velocity) he was still turning / slightly changing his angle while shooting.  Look at the top left if you need further PROOF of this.  Velocity is NOT the only thing that counts when you want accuracy.  You need your crossharis to be VERY steady in CS.

 

2) Lag.. it happens. Maybe it happened here.

 

3) He was standing.. as someone else already mentioned.  So... standing AND slighting moving the right stick....put those two put together... and you might miss a shot you thought you should make.   Again, anyone who understands CS will understand this.

 

4)  This video was in VERY SLOW motion.  If you watched this at fast speed, you'd be more inclined to believe that "yes, it's possible he just missed because he was moving just a second ago / he came to a quick stop and didn't bother to crouch to improve his chances, nor did he keep his crosshairs still for a second before he shot".   In the video you posted, it LOOKS like his crosshairs are 100% still.  That's only because it's in slow motion.  Once again, look at the top left, the numbers are right in front of you.  There are many factors in a game... not just the ones you see at first glance.

 

I think those are enough reasons to put doubt in the theory that this game is "broken".... especially since MANY of us have NO problem with the game AFTER we LEARNED how to play it right.  

 

***I had the SAME problems others are having on my first day... but after bursting and being very careful with my shots... I see a BIG difference... why is THAT?***  

 

Now, answer MY question about the so called "PROOF" you have that S3 + CA's gun mechanics are broken, SLICK.............. and lets see what kind of "proof" you come up with there..............   I'm not going to go search youtube for random videos about S3 sucking or "OMG I lit him up this game is broken!".  Everyone knows there are lots of noobs online that will post videos every time they miss a shot and can't handle the truth of the fact that they just MIGHT have missed or not shot the guy enough times...  If you say you have proof, then YOU post it.  But remember, just because there are videos of it on youtube, and just because it LOOKS true, DOESN'T mean it is true.

=====oo7PorscheMGS=====


"Men do less than they ought, unless they do all that they can." ~ Thomas Carlyle.

*** PS: People who camp a loss because they are too AFRAID to come out and FIGHT... people that don't RUSH over to HELP when their TEAMMATES are in a gunfight, and people who BACK OUT when they encounter a CHALLENGE and LEAVE their CLAN / FRIENDS behind in a room disadvantaged.... shouldn't be playing TEAM games, because they obviously don't know what the word TEAM is all about. REAL gamers+teammates+friends only please.***
Please use plain text.
Message 91 of 175 (583 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 09/11/2003
Offline
16880 posts
 

Re: CS:GO= One of the worst games i have ever played.....

Aug 28, 2012

oo7PorscheMGS wrote:

S_L_I_C_K wrote:

xSTG-x-ASSassIN wrote:

S_L_I_C_K wrote:im not complaining about anything.  im just keeping the facts strait.  i really dont care if the guns shoot jelly beans into a heart pattern.  i dont play it anymore, its not my game, i dont like it.  there is just a discussion going on about it here so i am talking about it, you wont find any posts by me on the cs forums. 

Slick your facts are so screwed up you can't even spell STRAIGHT. You complain about everything from your awful aim in cs, to your inability to properly drive vehicles on s3. Youre excuse? "The shooting mechanics on cs are terrible", and "The vehicle mechanics on s3 are horrible". You are a redundant baby.


bm2.gif


I think this is the reason you have 16 THOUSAND posts on these forums...  an not an inch of respect on here, at least not from the people that walk in here and continue to see pointless posts like these between you and other kids on here who obviously have too much time on their hands and nothing better to do than to argue with someone who is obviously just trying to argue for the sake of arguing and just trying to bother you.  You're both wasting each other's time, and OUR space on these forums.   Why not spend less time talking TRASH and actually RESPOND to the REAL DISCUSSION / QUESTION I gave you?  You have no proof that S3 or CA's mechanics are "broken".


i answer the questions in the order i read them.  sorry i was trying to find you your links but they are no longer valid.  you get a message saying access is denied. they have all those old boards either locked or deleted.

 

and he isnt wasting any of my time, it takes about 30 seconds to post that picture.  the reason i have 16k posts is because i have been here for 10 years.  break that down and see what it comes out to.  its a lot less than most people here.  math is your friend.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 92 of 175 (582 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 09/11/2003
Offline
16880 posts
 

Re: CS:GO= One of the worst games i have ever played.....

Aug 28, 2012

oo7PorscheMGS wrote:

S_L_I_C_K wrote:

yeah, hit detection looks pretty spot on to me.

so counter strike pros, what did this guy do wrong?


I'm not a CS "pro" but I'm a good gamer that knows when someone isn't playing PERFECTly... and where he COULD have made a mistake or where his shot MIGHT have missed.   Someone else already responded to this, but here are more ideas

 

1) Even though he wasn't MOVING (velocity) he was still turning while shooting.  Look at the top left if you need further PROOF of this.  Velocity is NOT the only thing that counts when you want accuracy.  You need your crossharis to be VERY steady in CS.

 

2) Lag.. it happens. Maybe it happened here.

 

3) He was standing.. as someone else already mentioned.  So... standing AND slighting moving the right stick....put those two put together... and you might miss a shot you thought you should make.   Again, anyone who understands CS will understand this.

 

4)  This video was in VERY SLOW motion.  If you watched this at fast speed, you'd be more inclined to believe that "yes, it's possible he just missed because he was moving just a second ago / he came to a quick stop and didn't bother to crouch to improve his chance or keep his crosshairs still for a second before he shot".   In the video YOU posted, it LOOKS like his crosshairs are 100% still.  That's only because it's in slow motion.  Once again, look at the top left, the numbers are right in front of you.  There are many factors in a game...

 

I think those are enough reasons to put doubt in the theory that this game is "broken".... especially since MANY of us have NO problem with the game after we LEARNED how to play it right.   Now, answer MY question about the so called "PROOF" you have that S3 + CA's gun mechanics are broken, SLICK.............. and lets see what kind of "proof" you come up with there..............   I'm not going to go search youtube for random videos about S3 sucking.  Everyone knows there are lots of noobs online that will post videos every time they miss a shot and can't handle the truth of the fact that they just might have missed or not shot the guy enough times...  If you say you have proof, then YOU post it.



there were not videos of people missing, they were in a controlled setting.  they were shooting at targets, there was no game going on in the background, they were weapons tests.  we used to have a community that did this sort of thing, everything was tested from how many rounds each gun took to drop you to how many seconds it took to get from one area to another.  there were tests showing how many rounds it took to drop someone from shooting their feet only to what happens when their gun is shot, we had tests shoing what happend from different angles, we had videos showing you didnt even have to have your cross hairs near a target to hit it.  everything was covered.  

 

 

you want to know what you get when you try and access those old threads?  i have about 20 of them bookmarked and they all say this  http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/SOCOM-3-US-Navy-Seals/4-20-2006/td-p/22192432?start=0&tstart=...

 

i guess i had something to do with those threads disapearing huh?  just covering my tracks?

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 93 of 175 (581 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 03/04/2004
Offline
3362 posts
 

Re: CS:GO= One of the worst games i have ever played.....

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2012

S_L_I_C_K wrote:


there were not videos of people missing, they were in a controlled setting.  they were shooting at targets, there was no game going on in the background, they were weapons tests.  we used to have a community that did this sort of thing, everything was tested from how many rounds each gun took to drop you to how many seconds it took to get from one area to another.  there were tests showing how many rounds it took to drop someone from shooting their feet only to what happens when their gun is shot, we had tests shoing what happend from different angles, we had videos showing you didnt even have to have your cross hairs near a target to hit it.  everything was covered.  

 

 

you want to know what you get when you try and access those old threads?  i have about 20 of them bookmarked and they all say this  http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/SOCOM-3-US-Navy-Seals/4-20-2006/td-p/22192432?start=0&tstart=...

 

i guess i had something to do with those threads disapearing huh?  just covering my tracks?


Umm.. ok... so you say you have proof but the threads are gone... ok, so how about you just TELL us how socom 3's mechanics are broken, since you obviously know so much about it.......

 

PS:  I played S3 + CA nightly for about 3-4 years... guys like me who pay attention to stuff would kind of notice if a headshot didn't get you the kill most of the time or if the aim was so far off that it was "broken".  Funny how NONE of the great (and terrible) socom players I played with for YEARS never thought the game's shooting mechanics were broken.  Were they PERFECT?  No, OBVIOUSLY there was much more lag in the PS2 days (when people had much slower connections, which caused SOME bad hit detection especially when someone pulled out a machine gun and made the game lag baddddd)....... but that doesn't mean the game's shooting mechanics were broken.  When I hit a guy with my AG94 from across the map in S3... they'll get hurt, BADLY.  Same as in CS, if I tap the trigger and aim right, the guns can kill you FAST.  Lots of people who understand this have the same great results.  Doesn't sound "broken" to me... so again, where is your proof otherwise?  

=====oo7PorscheMGS=====


"Men do less than they ought, unless they do all that they can." ~ Thomas Carlyle.

*** PS: People who camp a loss because they are too AFRAID to come out and FIGHT... people that don't RUSH over to HELP when their TEAMMATES are in a gunfight, and people who BACK OUT when they encounter a CHALLENGE and LEAVE their CLAN / FRIENDS behind in a room disadvantaged.... shouldn't be playing TEAM games, because they obviously don't know what the word TEAM is all about. REAL gamers+teammates+friends only please.***
Please use plain text.
Message 94 of 175 (577 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 07/24/2011
Offline
602 posts
 

Re: CS:GO= One of the worst games i have ever played.....

Aug 28, 2012

You're right in CS the guns can kill you fast. I mean every other kill is a headshot in this game. I can get a headshot while my crosshairs are on the guys knees. Gotta love bullet spray. Roll of the dice, am i a winner tonight?

Please use plain text.
Message 95 of 175 (570 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 03/03/2010
Offline
1295 posts
 

Re: CS:GO= One of the worst games i have ever played.....

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2012

S_L_I_C_K wrote:

oo7PorscheMGS wrote:

Lordmarshal wrote:

I kinda feel retarded right now..... I actually agree with the slapster on this .  You cant really complain about hit detection in CS?...... really?  A $15 remake of an old az game?  With all the nonsense you guys put on these forums you should write code instead so you can make the perfect video game and stop nitpicking evey shooter that comes out.


Exactly.  And as I mentioned in my post on page 3 (before the same 2 people that are always on this forum kept going back and forth), the best players ARE consistently good on CS, so that throws SLICKS assumtions about this game out of the window.  Yes, there might be a few problems with hit detection (and by the way, that sniper video you posted could be linked to TWO things... one... sometimes it takes 2 shots with a sniper to kill someone in CS, and two.. maybe it was some slight lag?).  But to ASSUME from one video or two or from YOUR bad experience with the game that the WHOLE game is bad is what I hate.  SLICK even went so far to say that Socom 3's gun mechanics are also broken.................   I challenged him to PROVE this and yet again there IS no proof.  Not to mention there are thousands of people who love and UNDERSTAND how Socom3 works and KNOW that the gun mechanics DO work........

 

And another thing... some other person came in here and said CS also has "bloom" mechanics for shooting... again, before you start making stuff up from YOUR OWN unique or bad experience with the game, show the rest of us some proof, because the rest of us KNOW that CS HAS NO BLOOM MECHANICS, and we ALSO know that CS is one of the more hardcore shooters, where not every shot is meant to hit what you THINK you're aiming at.   You can keep posting videos of a guy missing a shot or two in CS that SHOULD have hit, and posting videos of guns that don't recoil so much, but the rest of us KNOW that guns DO have recoil regardless of if the guy holding the gun can try to balance it out.... and guns ARE MUCH less accurate on full auto, even if you balance the recoil.  No, the gun won't be pointing up at the sky exactly... but you GET what I'm saying, so don't twist it.  CS simulates this.  If you can't understand this, or can't understand why Socom2's M14 has crazy recoil, or can't understand how Socom3's gun mechanics are NOT broken... then I don't know what else to tell you......... 

 

Again SLICK, I'll ask one more time because I'd like to see some proof of such an outrageous claim (to me at least, I've never heard this one before....)   ......please post that "proof" you said you had that socom 3's and CA's gun mechanics are broken.............



socom 3 was the first socom to introduce random bullet spray, thats broken gun mechanics.  you didnt know they did that for socom 3 and not socom 1 and 2?  you want links to proof?  tell the mods to unlock the old threads and have a look.  there were countless videos showing how inaccurate the guns were, full auto,burst, single shot, standing, laying down, crouched, it didnt matter the guns were designed for you to miss.  this was admitted by seth luisi himself in an interview.  they dont want people to have stick skills anymore, they dont want you to be any better than the guy on the other team that has never seen a tv before.  they dont want people to get discouraged by better players so they even the playing field by making the kills more random and less skill based.  either cs has taken this same road or they have a problem with their hit boxes.  i really dont care which it is.

 

why is it i always have to explain this stuff?  this used to be common knowlege by everyone on this site, now it seems all you "long time socom fans" dont seem to know much about socom at all.


dont bother porsche, this guy THINKS hes always right when hes not, the funny thing is he will never post a video of himself when something goes wrong its always someone else. There was a post earlier stating that he doesnt care because he stopped playing, yet he researched several posts on the CS FORUM and has searched for videos to prove his point which he still hasnt proven anything besides being a cry baby like always.

 

These forums are full of adults that act like children its sad but thats how its been for years now, these clowns think they own the forum which is the best part because they all post in other socom forums but always find there way here to troll about other games while calling others trolls...grow up ladies

"Socom Confrontation was a remake of socom 2" -Slick
Please use plain text.
Message 96 of 175 (554 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 01/29/2009
Offline
896 posts
 

Re: CS:GO= One of the worst games i have ever played.....

Aug 28, 2012

xSlappy wrote:

dont bother porsche, this guy THINKS hes always right when hes not, the funny thing is he will never post a video of himself when something goes wrong its always someone else. There was a post earlier stating that he doesnt care because he stopped playing, yet he researched several posts on the CS FORUM and has searched for videos to prove his point which he still hasnt proven anything besides being a cry baby like always.

 

These forums are full of adults that act like children its sad but thats how its been for years now, these clowns think they own the forum which is the best part because they all post in other socom forums but always find there way here to troll about other games while calling others trolls...grow up ladies


Do you have this just cut and pasted in a memo on your computer or something? I could find this exacy post, posted by you at least a dozen times here. The only trolls here are you and SGT A S S.

Please use plain text.
Message 97 of 175 (544 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/03/2009
Offline
4253 posts
 

Re: CS:GO= One of the worst games i have ever played.....

Aug 28, 2012

My buddy wanted to play MW3 SND last night so I jumped on and got destroyed. I did better in CS then MW3. MW3 SND is CS but more realistic.

 

Maybe a full clip to the body is not such a bad thing at least in cs I had a chance lol

 

 

___________________________________________________________
I backed H-Hour ! Why because I would rather play a game then run my mouth on a forum.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1687497632/h-hour-worlds-elite-0






Please use plain text.
Message 98 of 175 (541 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 03/03/2010
Offline
1295 posts
 

Re: CS:GO= One of the worst games i have ever played.....

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2012

WAR_PIG wrote:

xSlappy wrote:

dont bother porsche, this guy THINKS hes always right when hes not, the funny thing is he will never post a video of himself when something goes wrong its always someone else. There was a post earlier stating that he doesnt care because he stopped playing, yet he researched several posts on the CS FORUM and has searched for videos to prove his point which he still hasnt proven anything besides being a cry baby like always.

 

These forums are full of adults that act like children its sad but thats how its been for years now, these clowns think they own the forum which is the best part because they all post in other socom forums but always find there way here to troll about other games while calling others trolls...grow up ladies


Do you have this just cut and pasted in a memo on your computer or something? I could find this exacy post, posted by you at least a dozen times here. The only trolls here are you and SGT A S S.


awww Slicks boyfriend came to his rescue, sadly you didnt do anything but make an idiot of yourself like Slick. See how multiple people showed slick that he was wrong? Thats because he is wrong, now go tag some more posts like a 5 year old.

"Socom Confrontation was a remake of socom 2" -Slick
Please use plain text.
Message 99 of 175 (539 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 08/27/2011
Offline
708 posts
 

Re: CS:GO= One of the worst games i have ever played.....

Aug 28, 2012

xSlappy wrote:


awww Slicks boyfriend came to his rescue, sadly you didnt do anything but make an idiot of yourself like Slick. See how multiple people showed slick that he was wrong? Thats because he is wrong, now go tag some more posts like a 5 year old.



Slappy is a loser he only jumps in to argue with people. Nice way to spend your time! Go to a bar if you want to fight.

Please use plain text.
Message 100 of 175 (534 Views)
Reply
0 Likes