Aug 27 2012
By: o-XxSoLo-o Sackboy 602 posts

CS:GO= One of the worst games i have ever played.....

174 replies 18904 views Edited Aug 27, 2012

As far as shooting mechanics and hit detection goes. Before you start throwing out the you just suck line check my stats i have only had one or two bad games and those were like my first two games ever played on CS. I'm a quick learner but i also quickly learned that on this game having your crosshair on the enemy ain't good enough. Oh no not for counterstrike. You have to have your crosshair on the enemy while barely moving AND burst firing. I don't care if you're right infront of the enemy. If you hold down the trigger the bullets will spray everywhere despite the fact you're aimed right at the guy standing directly infront of him.

I unloaded a clip in a guys back and he laughed at me and turned around and shot me with one bullet in the face and im dead. Oh and don't even get me started on the amount of headshots this game gives away. This is worse than con and s4 put together i kid you not. I have also learned that even when im clearly missing a guy i have a better shot at killing him as long as im crouched. I can't tell you the amount of kills i got when there's no way in hell my crosshairs was even on the guy but i was crouching and CS respects a good croucher. 

I'm sorry but this game is utter trash. The only thing it has going for it is the fact its round based. Take that away and this would be the worst game EVERRRR. The grenades don't work even if they land on your feet. If you hated that on confrontation you're gonna love it on this game. Flashbangs apparently flash me more than the enemy because even when i clearly land a perfect flashbang on a guy thinking he is blind he still kills me.  I like the pistols in this game more than the assault rifles and sub machine guns. What does that tell you. 

I'm not bad at the game but the bullS*** I encounter is just too much to handle. The second i found out you had to crouch for the best accuracy i knew this game was gonna suck. However i still gave it a chance but then once i saw the hit detection was off to and body shots do nothing in this game that's when i threw in the towel. CS gets a 4/10 from me and that's only because its round based and i like the maps. FAIL FAIL FAIL.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 175 (18,904 Views)
Gaming Beast
2181 posts

Re: CS:GO= One of the worst games i have ever played.....

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2012

I've played worse games...for $15 I can't complain. With that said, I'm sure I'll be back on SOCOM soon because I'm already starting to get a little bored with CS.  I plan on buying the CS dlc's when they release because the game would be much better if it had more content.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 175 (18,896 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4253 posts

Aug 27, 2012

MADDENKING1980 wrote:

I plan on buying the CS dlc's when they release because the game would be much better if it had more content.

You mean guns? because it has more maps then con and s4 I think?

Hit detection is off it works right sometimes but the other times full clips to body do nothing. The cross hairs are red but nothing.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 175 (18,885 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
602 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2012

Oh yeah i forgot to mention how red crosshairs mean NOTHING in this game.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 175 (18,878 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2181 posts

Aug 27, 2012

Execrate wrote:

MADDENKING1980 wrote:

I plan on buying the CS dlc's when they release because the game would be much better if it had more content.

You mean guns? because it has more maps then con and s4 I think?

Hit detection is off it works right sometimes but the other times full clips to body do nothing. The cross hairs are red but nothing.

I would like more guns but mainly more maps.  I play classic competitive and it only has 6 maps for defuse and 2 for hostage.  The other game modes don't interest me.  Also the maps are very small and I feel like I'm always fighting at the same choke points.

S4 has around 20 map all together and S:C has 13 I think, but those maps are bigger giving more gunfight scenarios.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 175 (18,876 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3362 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2012

I am just copying this post that I made in my clan's forums to this thread here too.. because I don't wanna reword everything I said..... but I'm bothering to post it here because I'd like to see the socom community PLAYING counterstrike instead of complaining about it before taking the time to LEARN it.  I see too many people these days complaining about people lagging and the game lagging... (when they have no visible proof of either...), and about the game "sucking" ...instead of focusing on the game and how to improve at the game so it doesn't "suck" as much :smileywink:   So here we go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNlFgr9BoPM

I THINK that video says it all lol, at least it does in my mind (and that f'ing video makes me laugh every **bleep** time I watch it lol!!! :P ) but let me clarify what I mean.

I can't emphasize how CRAZY that is. THAT is the craziness of CS's guns and their recoil.. not being able to kill someone has little to do with that persons connection and a LOT to do with how BAD REAL GUNS ARE at FULL AUTO. ...from what I've played at least in CS and and from what I've seen of real life guns. CS simulates real life recoil, even moreso than socom. It's VERY realistic when it comes to accuracy.. BUT, the reason I and others have had trouble killing guys we THINK we're aiming RIGHT AT..... FACE TO FACE.... is because the GAME doesn't do the BEST job of letting you KNOW how MUCH your gun is recoiling. I have a perfect example for you... in socom II.. the M14... the gun that is KNOWN for having that craaazy recoil...... when you SPRAY the M14 on S2 your gun would be POINTED at the SKY. In Counterstrike though, where your gun is "aiming" doesn't seem to reflect where you're actually aiming / recoiling. The gun's animation doesn't show recoil in CS, to be exact. ONLY THE CROSSHAIRS DO. You have to go by how wide your crosshairs are, which is different from COD / Socom where we're used to the gun actually reflecting the correct direction/angle it's aiming at / recoiling at. Yes, I THINK CS's gun's do SHOW some recoil, but their crosshairs DEFINITELY show more recoil than the actual gun does on your screen.

That's what I've seen so far at least. Which is why I had one hell of a time with the game the first night and STILL DO EVERY TIME I try to rush full auto on CS, EVEN IF A GUY IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME! Armor usually soaks up your bullets and by the time you're through with his armor.. your gun is aiming too high in reality, while in the game it still looks like your gun is pointing at their chest. You've gotta tap the trigger, or at least let go for 2 seconds and then go full auto again... just like in real life or you'll end up like that $tupid FUNNY **bleep** in that video, LOL.

This same rule and crazy recoil applies to BURSTING. And it's helped me get better burst shots too.....because I've learned that even burst fire is NOT accurate on CS. Hear me out. Your first burst IS accurate...BUT if you tap the trigger again RIGHT AWAY your next burst WILL BE OFF TARGET A LITTLE AT LEAST... because your gun has STILL not finished recoiling from the FIRST burst of fire you shot. Watch your crosshairs if you need proof of this.... Some of you might say "yea yea you're stating the obvious again porsche" ..and yes actually most games do roll this way as well, as even socom4 and COD tries to simulate how burst fire gets slightly worse if you do it too fast. BUT, I've never seen a game have so much multiple burst recoil as CS does. You've gotta wait like half a second before you take your next shot, IF you want it to be realy accurate. It depends on the GUN, obviously, but you get the idea. Again, same reason I posted that video. I've never fired a gun in real life but seeing it in real life there shows you how crazy those guns are even after one shot.

=====oo7PorscheMGS=====

"Men do less than they ought, unless they do all that they can." ~ Thomas Carlyle.

*** PS: People who camp a loss because they are too AFRAID to come out and FIGHT... people that don't RUSH over to HELP when their TEAMMATES are in a gunfight, and people who BACK OUT when they encounter a CHALLENGE and LEAVE their CLAN / FRIENDS behind in a room disadvantaged.... shouldn't be playing TEAM games, because they obviously don't know what the word TEAM is all about. REAL gamers+teammates+friends only please.***
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 175 (18,872 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2061 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2012

One of my problems with CS is they also incorporated a bloom shooting function the same that was implements in S4.  The only difference is in S4 the bloom was determined by you zoom level/view.  In counterstrike it's based on your amount of movement and whether you're in crouch or not.

CS also incorporates basically the same limited (to non existent) amount of recoil, which was replaced by bloom.  What does this tell me?  Yet another game with failed shooting mechanics caused by implementation of the PS move.  This is why the shooting failed so much.

You can argue that you should just "learn the game" or "learn how to shoot".  you're actually right, you had better learn how the shooting functions.  However, the bloom on this game is so bad sometimes that you can spray and not even hit anything at all.

Now, what I am referring to in particular here is when you come up from behind someone, are 2 or 3 feet right behind them, you empty a whole clip right into their back, they don't die, and they turn around a put a couple of bullets to your head.  I'm sorry, but this is just ridiculous and there is no legitimate reason to argue against this point.  If you're 2 feet from someone, explain to me how only a 3 or 4 bullets out of 30 hit them from 2 feet away?  The games shooting mechanics are screwed up.  Sad to say, but it is exactly right along the lines of the shooting mechanics in S4.  How bad is that?

However, on a different note, this isn't the worst game I have ever played.  It blows S4 out of the water and is only $15.  I'll play it, I just don't know how long I can stick to it.

SUPPORT H-HOUR
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 175 (18,863 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3362 posts

Aug 27, 2012

SGP421 wrote:

One of my problems with CS is they also incorporated a bloom shooting function the same that was implements in S4.  The only difference is in S4 the bloom was determined by you zoom level/view.  In counterstrike it's based on your amount of movement and whether you're in crouch or not.

CS also incorporates basically the same limited (to non existent) amount of recoil, which was replaced by bloom.  What does this tell me?  Yet another game with failed shooting mechanics caused by implementation of the PS move.  This is why the shooting failed so much.

You can argue that you should just "learn the game" or "learn how to shoot".  you're actually right, you had better learn how the shooting functions.  However, the bloom on this game is so bad sometimes that you can spray and not even hit anything at all.

Now, what I am referring to in particular here is when you come up from behind someone, are 2 or 3 feet right behind them, you empty a whole clip right into their back, they don't die, and they turn around a put a couple of bullets to your head.  I'm sorry, but this is just ridiculous and there is no legitimate reason to argue against this point.  If you're 2 feet from someone, explain to me how only a 3 or 4 bullets out of 30 hit them from 2 feet away?  The games shooting mechanics are screwed up.  Sad to say, but it is exactly right along the lines of the shooting mechanics in S4.  How bad is that?

However, on a different note, this isn't the worst game I have ever played.  It blows S4 out of the water and is only $15.  I'll play it, I just don't know how long I can stick to it.

To respond to the first thing I put in BOLD from your post:   Again, I'd like to see claims backed up by some proof.  Or at least educate me... because as far as I know the guns in CS do NOT have BLOOM... but hey... I could be wrong... so show me some proof of this?   As far as I can tell, the guns recoil like real guns, not the crazy bloom they added to S4 which is very obvious...

To respond to the SECOND thing I put in bold on your post:  It's because of BODY ARMOR.  And once again... it's because of recoil.  The first few shots will take out the guys body armor and lots of his heath... but if you keep holding the controller down... then yea, your gun WILL be pointing at the sky and you WILL be missing.  Watch that video again if you need further proof of how bad a gun recoils after just ONE shot lol if you're not crouching and holding the gun steady and NOT moving etc...  And THAT's why you (and I) and everyone else have a h3ll of a hard time finishing people up who are right in front of us if we try to use full auto on them.  Body armor gives you lots of health in CS, and moving / standing will make your gun HARD to control if you hold the fire button down....  It has nothing to do with bad hit detection (from what I've learned at least..), it's recoil and health.  I've done much better when I burst fire, that's how I know it's not hit detection, nor lag.   It's how the game is MEANT to be.  As far as I know.. all the other CS games have been just the same... it's why it's known as a hardcore shooter and it's also why it has a high "skill ceiling" ..because there's plenty to learn + it takes plenty of practice and even when you get good you'll ALWAYS have room for getting even better / more steady + accurate + quicker with your shot.

=====oo7PorscheMGS=====

"Men do less than they ought, unless they do all that they can." ~ Thomas Carlyle.

*** PS: People who camp a loss because they are too AFRAID to come out and FIGHT... people that don't RUSH over to HELP when their TEAMMATES are in a gunfight, and people who BACK OUT when they encounter a CHALLENGE and LEAVE their CLAN / FRIENDS behind in a room disadvantaged.... shouldn't be playing TEAM games, because they obviously don't know what the word TEAM is all about. REAL gamers+teammates+friends only please.***
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 175 (18,859 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
602 posts

Aug 27, 2012

When i say worst game ever i was talking strictly shooting mechanics. Its down right AWFUL and UNACCEPTABLE.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 175 (18,848 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16880 posts

Aug 27, 2012

oo7PorscheMGS wrote:

SGP421 wrote:

To respond to the first thing I put in BOLD from your post:   Again, I'd like to see claims backed up by some proof.  Or at least educate me... because as far as I know the guns in CS do NOT have BLOOM... but hey... I could be wrong... so show me some proof of this?   As far as I can tell, the guns recoil like real guns, not the crazy bloom they added to S4 which is very obvious...

To respond to the SECOND thing I put in bold on your post:  It's because of BODY ARMOR.  And once again... it's because of recoil.  The first few shots will take out the guys body armor and lots of his heath... but if you keep holding the controller down... then yea, your gun WILL be pointing at the sky and you WILL be missing.  Watch that video again if you need further proof of how bad a gun recoils after just ONE shot lol if you're not crouching and holding the gun steady and NOT moving etc...  And THAT's why you (and I) and everyone else have a h3ll of a hard time finishing people up who are right in front of us if we try to use full auto on them.  Body armor gives you lots of health in CS, and moving / standing will make your gun HARD to control if you hold the fire button down....  It has nothing to do with bad hit detection (from what I've learned at least..), it's recoil and health.  I've done much better when I burst fire, that's how I know it's not hit detection, nor lag.   It's how the game is MEANT to be.  As far as I know.. all the other CS games have been just the same... it's why it's known as a hardcore shooter and it's also why it has a high "skill ceiling" ..because there's plenty to learn + it takes plenty of practice and even when you get good you'll ALWAYS have room for getting even better / more steady + accurate + quicker with your shot.

there are a couple problems here, first of all the recoil in cs is NOTHING like the recoil from a real gun.  if you hold the trigger down of an assault rifle the gun will not keep climbing until its pointing strait up in the air, on earth we have this thing called gravity and it counteracts muzzle rise, your gun will drop 32 feet per second after each round fired and since it onle rises 1/2 inch per round it will end up back where it started pretty quickly.  in fact the best way to fire an automatin weapon is to let it lay in the palm of your hand instead of gripping it, letting the weapon bounce instead of jerking your arm around.

number 2, you keep explaining how burst fire is accurate and how people just are not used to controlling their on screen weapons.  you keep explaining how people have to learn how to play the game and practice makes perfect.  you see the problem with this is, we all have played video games before, you are not trying to explain video games to the world war 2 vet in the old folks home who has never heard of this thing called the interwebs. and you are not explaining how to master gun mechanics to your 3 year old cousin.  most of the people here have been playing video games since the 70s, we know how to control them, we understand how burst fire works, we are not brand new to gaming.  i used to binacular snipe people from accross the map with the m14 on socom 2, LOTS of other people here used to do the same thing, we all have played confrontation, which had about the best and most realistic gun mechanics i have seen to date.  we get it, we completely understand how it works ok?   bottom line?  the gun mechanics in cs are broken, no amount of "you just need to learn them" will fix it.

a few other points i would like to bring up are the fact that if a blind guy walks up to the skinniest person on the planet, stand 2 feet away from them and holds the trigger down on any assault rifle, they are going to kill that person, the gun is not going to spray wildly and make a cartoon chalk outline of that person, in fact there is a really good chance that every round fired will hit said skinny person.

also, my first game i got 22 kills, after everyone of them i thought, "wow, this hit detection is garbage"   but its garbage for everyone else as well, some people dont mind it, some people think its supposed to be that bad, those people think they are good because they are killing people.  well guess what?  im not very good and i was killing plenty of people. a game that has good hit detection will always have people in the room that are really good at the game, those guys will always be at the top of the leader board, game after game they will put up big numbers, why? because they are better at the game. if the gun mechanics work properly the better more skilled player will always come out on top, when the gun mechanics are flawed like cs, socom 4, socom 3 and ca, you will get different people doing good from round to round.  you will not have the same people getting mvp all night long. why? because those games are games of chance not skill.

if i cared i would go and prove how the gun mechanics work, i did it for confrontation, socom 3,ca,and socom 2. i just dont really care much about this game, its not worth my time to go through all the motions.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 175 (18,840 Views)
0 Likes