Fender Bender
2671 posts

Re: Bioshock Infinite

Aug 19, 2010

travelerking wrote:

OK first off I loved bioshock 1 and 2 but infinite is going to far how is it going to be in 1912 when we had barely started to fly like 9 years before and this just makes it seem like Ryan copied Columbia which is a really stupid name they should go for a different word for  heaven to give it even more religion than it already has and in the trailer it showed her using telekinesis how does she get those powers if Adam was only discovered in rapture. Im still going to buy the game so I hope irrational games can answer these questions and change the name Columbia.   

Well i highly doubt they will make a game that makes no sense so your questions will most likely be answered. And all we know of now is that it's in the sky and called Columbia. The name sounds "meh" in comparison to Rapture but we don't know anything about the sky city or about the story so judging the cities name so soon is pointless. It's Bioshock, i don't think we have to worry.

New site for PSABR -> http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
--------

"Exit the stage. Your act is over." - Vergil

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on! Now die!" - Albedo
Message 41 of 77 (123 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11832 posts

Aug 19, 2010

rojito wrote:

New Pics

The new engine in Infinite really makes everything more detailed. I'm excited to see the visuals closer to release.

Message 42 of 77 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1538 posts

Aug 19, 2010

Argetlam wrote:

rojito wrote:

New Pics

The new engine in Infinite really makes everything more detailed. I'm excited to see the visuals closer to release.

They are using a new engine?? Do you know which one? I thought they were using the Unreal engine like they did for the others.

Message 43 of 77 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
779 posts

Aug 19, 2010

johntown wrote:

Argetlam wrote:

rojito wrote:

New Pics

They are using a new engine?? Do you know which one? I thought they were using the Unreal engine like they did for the others.

The Unreal 3 engine.  The other games used a modified version of Unreal 2.   Irrational is modifying Unreal 3 with their own engines for light and movement of the floating city.

Photobucket
Message 44 of 77 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1469 posts

Aug 19, 2010

I still need to pick up BioShock 2... hopefully getting it for Christmas. But Infinite looks very interesting and cool. Whenever someone does a prequel, the story is usually fairly interesting.

Message 45 of 77 (123 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11832 posts

Aug 20, 2010

IGN's interview with Levine: Building the World of Bioshock Infinite:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1112232p1.html

I really like the fact that they took the time and money to create a new engine. At first I thought the visuals would really be the only thing improved upon but taking the buildings from static positions to actually floating in the sky sounds awesome. This realistic take on physics reminds me of the train sequence in Uncharted 2.

Message 46 of 77 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1538 posts

Aug 20, 2010

So far it look like they probably will not have multiplayer for this. http://www.1up.com/news/irrational-games-undecided-multiplayer-bioshock

The first BioShock shipped without a multiplayer mode, and it was arguably better for it. The single-player experience was extremely well-crafted, and though a first-person shooter shipping without any sort of multiplayer mode may have seemed strange, BioShock is still heralded as one of the best games of this generation. While BioShock 2 may have filled in that hole, with BioShock 1 developer Irrational Games back at the helm for BioShock Infinite, we may once again see a BioShock game without a multiplayer mode.

"Here's what I have to say about multiplayer," Irrational creative director Ken Levine told Kotaku. "It's what we said about BioShock 1: We have not made any determinations about multiplayer.

"I will say that we experiment with things, but for us we are never interested in making a multiplayer mode you could just play in some other game. Because, A) that's not creatively interesting and B), financially, you're wasting your time. They're going to go play Halo. They're going to go play Call of Duty.

"If we do something new -- if we do something like Left 4 Dead that has something new to say -- people will come to your game. If you don't, don't waste your time."

Some gamers will undoubtedly be disappointed if Irrational ultimately decides to leave out multiplayer in Infinite. It does, however, continue to be refreshing to see a developer do what it thinks is best for the overall quality of its game and not what would make it look better on a fact sheet.

Personally, I am glad because they will be able to focus more on the story and the main story etc. of the game and not waste space and time for multiplayer.

Message 47 of 77 (123 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11832 posts

Aug 21, 2010

johntown wrote:

So far it look like they probably will not have multiplayer for this. http://www.1up.com/news/irrational-games-undecided-multiplayer-bioshock

I really, really hope that they exclude multiplayer. Unless of course they truly try to make an interesting experience. However, I'd really just like another great single player experience.

Regardless, it's refreshing to see a developer openly recognize that they don't need multiplayer in their game. I wish we could see more of this.

Message 48 of 77 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2950 posts

Aug 22, 2010

Amazing interviews, Levine is demonstrating to be an amazing developer, that can top other designers/directors like Hideo Kojima.

Argetlam wrote:

johntown wrote:

I really, really hope that they exclude multiplayer. Unless of course they truly try to make an interesting experience. However, I'd really just like another great single player experience.

Regardless, it's refreshing to see a developer openly recognize that they don't need multiplayer in their game. I wish we could see more of this.

Agreed, maybe that's what made the original Bioshock such an incredible experience, no need to worry for a multiplayer mode.

Message 49 of 77 (123 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Aug 8, 2011

E3 2011 Demo

http://bioshockinfinite.com/videos

This Gameplay video is unbelievable. I didn't notice it was 15 minutes long until after I watched it. I was absolutely captivated throughout the entire video. The railway system that you use to get around is incredible. This new world (Columbia) looks beautiful. The graphics look great. I will definitely be buying this the day it comes out.

Message 50 of 77 (123 Views)
0 Likes