Feb 04 2009
By: Liquid_Viper87 First Son 13 posts

Bioshock Good????? **bleep**

40 replies 2 views Edited Feb 4, 2009
i needed somewhere to vent this i am a huge shooter fan and im really big into a game that is new and unique but i gotta say bioshock is one of the worst games ive ever played and it pisses me off to see people ranting and raving about how "awsome and differant" it is does anyone else agree with me? or am i alone in my loathsome hatred tword bioshock?
Proud owner of:
60 gig ps3
42" Toshiba 1080p LCD TV
And 5.1 surround sound
Message 1 of 41 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17376 posts

Re: Bioshock Good????? **bleep**

Feb 4, 2009
I've seen one other person with the same opinion as you. I didn't think it was as good as everyone said, but I thought it was way above average.

Message 2 of 41 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
895 posts

Feb 4, 2009
i have it, i like it, but i just haven't really gotten into it. i keep going back to COD: WaW just for the multiplayer madness.

Logitech G27 on a Rennsport wheelstand. currently playing, GT5P, NFS Shift, F1CE, Dirt 2, and SuperCar Challenge.
Message 3 of 41 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17376 posts

Feb 4, 2009

jasonb1985 wrote:
i have it, i like it, but i just haven't really gotten into it. i keep going back to COD: WaW just for the multiplayer madness.
See, that's a game that got a lot of hype, and pretty positive reviews, but in my opinion, it was immensely inferior to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
Message 4 of 41 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
895 posts

Feb 4, 2009

Mirage749 wrote:

jasonb1985 wrote:
See, that's a game that got a lot of hype, and pretty positive reviews, but in my opinion, it was immensely inferior to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

that could be true. i got my PS3 just a couple days before COD: WaW was released so i figured i'd get the latest and greatest. i was thinking about also getting COD 4 but i'll wait for KZ2.

Logitech G27 on a Rennsport wheelstand. currently playing, GT5P, NFS Shift, F1CE, Dirt 2, and SuperCar Challenge.
Message 5 of 41 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17376 posts

Feb 4, 2009

jasonb1985 wrote:

Mirage749 wrote:

jasonb1985 wrote:

that could be true. i got my PS3 just a couple days before COD: WaW was released so i figured i'd get the latest and greatest. i was thinking about also getting COD 4 but i'll wait for KZ2.

Ah, Killzone 2. That is a game I'm really looking forward to.
Message 6 of 41 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
856 posts

Feb 4, 2009
Bioshock good?? The answer is a massive yes.. its beyond good, its a worthy candidate for 08"s GOTY. You claim you're a massive shooter fan however my curiosity waivers in terms of what kind of shooter? If you went into Bioshock looking for a COD4, Battlefield Bad Company, W@W experience then I could see why you're upset as it's far from what these titles deliver. Called the 'thinking man's' shooter (if its even a fps indeed), this title requires an open mind, patience and a willingness to experience something entirely different from the pick up and go shooters flooding the market. Everything about Bioshock is fantastic, from the environments, the story, the dialogue, the lush graphics, the gameplay and the sheer amount of insight and effort that went into the title. (just take a peek at the handbook and scroll through the vast amount of people involved) Anyhow, I really don't feel that I have to defend this game as its proved itself to be one of the best the console's encountered. Simply, if you own a ps3 and haven't played Bioshock, you're robbing yourself. No, it certainly isn't COD4.. that's what makes it so refreshing.
Heavenly Sword Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 7 of 41 (2 Views)
First Son
13 posts

Feb 4, 2009
im sorry but in the 5 hours i played bioshock i found no redeaming qualitys about the game the graphics were terrible it felt like i was playing a cartoon network attempt at horror. reviewers told you it was good so you think its good im sorry but it has nothing working it its favour.
Proud owner of:
60 gig ps3
42" Toshiba 1080p LCD TV
And 5.1 surround sound
Message 8 of 41 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
955 posts

Feb 4, 2009
OMG!  You have an opinion and people don't agree with it!
Photobucket
Message 9 of 41 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1187 posts

Feb 4, 2009

Liquid_Viper87 wrote:
i needed somewhere to vent this i am a huge shooter fan and im really big into a game that is new and unique but i gotta say bioshock is one of the worst games ive ever played and it pisses me off to see people ranting and raving about how "awsome and differant" it is does anyone else agree with me? or am i alone in my loathsome hatred tword bioshock?

I felt the same way when I first played the game. It is too slow and has too many hacking puzzles in it that slows down the pace of the game and the big daddys are too difficult to kill. But I played it to the end and after I beat the game I can gladly say I wont be buying the sequel and I wont be playing this game again to get the trophys I missed as this game bores me to freakin tears!

=================================================================

Folding Team: The Gamer Advisory Panel (G.A.P.) Team#54371
Join the G.A.P. Folding Team and make a difference for the Future!
Over 4,000 Work Units complete and counting since March 07' update!
MGS4 is the BEST game ever created, and only found on PlayStation 3! Thank you Hideo!
Message 10 of 41 (2 Views)
0 Likes