Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 31 2010
By: alchemist007 Wastelander 717 posts

Bad Company 2 or Modern warfare 2? Which to buy tomorrow?

16 replies 11 views Edited Mar 31, 2010

Which do you think I should buy?

I have played a ton of MW2 a couple months ago and then sold it. I want to get back into FPS's. I already know MW2 like the back of my hand.

I do not really like learning a whole new game unless it is really much better than the one I am already good at.

So what do you guys think? which one is worth the 60 bucks? which is most competitive and fun?

thanks

Free Image Hosting
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 17 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
529 posts

Re: Bad Company 2 or Modern warfare 2? Which to buy tomorrow?

Mar 31, 2010

well....I loved cod4, but Infinity Ward let me down with mw2..small maps and a more dumbed down arcade game was what they put out.  I got bfbc2 thinking since I enjoyed bfbc1 and bf1943, not to mention all of the PC battlfield games that bfbc2 would be the best shooter yet.  I was wrong and traded bfbc2 in less than 48 hours later.  Graphics IMO for bf were downgraded and the maps were very small.  I think that the best shooters out there still are cod4 and codW@W...and as a player who has been enjoying cod since the first one all the way back in 2003...codW@W is the best cod to date and I have continued to keep playing even after almost two years.  I guess it depends on what you enjoy more...but to me both mw2 and bfbc2 were hyped beyond belief and both failed to be very fun or very interesting.  I'll stick to W@W for my shooting fix until Treyarch rolls out their Vietnam game this fall.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 17 (11 Views)
Sackboy
521 posts

Mar 31, 2010

Answer is simple....which do your friends play?

"Die without consequence for those you love most"
Cyb3rl1nk
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 17 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Apr 1, 2010
Well Imma say CoD 'cause I'm a fan

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 17 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
829 posts

Apr 1, 2010

Irishmandkg wrote:

well....I loved cod4, but Infinity Ward let me down with mw2..small maps and a more dumbed down arcade game was what they put out.  I got bfbc2 thinking since I enjoyed bfbc1 and bf1943, not to mention all of the PC battlfield games that bfbc2 would be the best shooter yet.  I was wrong and traded bfbc2 in less than 48 hours later.  Graphics IMO for bf were downgraded and the maps were very small.  I think that the best shooters out there still are cod4 and codW@W...and as a player who has been enjoying cod since the first one all the way back in 2003...codW@W is the best cod to date and I have continued to keep playing even after almost two years.  I guess it depends on what you enjoy more...but to me both mw2 and bfbc2 were hyped beyond belief and both failed to be very fun or very interesting.  I'll stick to W@W for my shooting fix until Treyarch rolls out their Vietnam game this fall.

So, do a lot of people still play WaW?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 17 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4047 posts

Apr 2, 2010

Well... to me the idea of getting a game, selling it and then buying it back again seems like a waste... So I think I would get bad company 2 just on that basis.

Dont sell ur games  =P

vincej25
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 17 (11 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1248 posts

Apr 2, 2010

MW2 was a major let down to me.  First off no beta or demo for the game, and what gets released?  A glitch and buggy game that should have been held back for another month or two to get it right.  Most of the things are fixed now (javelin, care package) but you can still tac insertion nuke boost and get into walls yada, yada. Plus the game play was the same old formula but sped up twice as fast paced and out of control.  This should have been a great game but to me was a let down.  Ive been playing COD 4 and wow its so much more fun to play than MW2, its like completely different and more refined to me.  But thats me.

So I got in the beta and played the demo for Battlefield Bad Company 2 and it is leaps and bounds different and amazing all around.  While ill admit that MW2 may have slightly better graphics but its worth it to give a lil touch of perfect pixles to be able to play on maps where 90% of the environment is destructible. 

There are 4 classes (assault, engineer, medic, recon) to choose from, each have 7 different primary weapons to choose from, each class has 2 gadgets to choose from, and 1 for vehicles.  The gadgets range from rockets for engineer, noob tube assault, health and defibrillator medic, motion sensor recon.  And of course a trusty knife.  There are more to add to those but I feel that BFBC2 has more to offer in what I would like to play.  You should just rent it first and decide from there.  I think you will be pleased.

TheBIG_Lebowski

http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/ps3/TheBIG_Lebowski/
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 17 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Apr 2, 2010
BC2 looks interesting.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 17 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Apr 3, 2010

TyBo5 wrote:

Irishmandkg wrote:

So, do a lot of people still play WaW?

Yes

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 17 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2443 posts

Apr 3, 2010

Infinity Ward recently announced that they will be charging monthly fees in the future due to glitchers and hackers.

they have over One Thousand hacks/glitches they're attempting to fix.

meanwhile BFBC2 players just got new maps and have specific kits coming. the game is far superior to all other

shooters out there (BFBC2) so I'd Highly Recommend BFBC2 it's a blast and they got headsets working right at last.

loads of unlocks, BIG maps, Loads of vehicles such as bradleys, atv's, APC's, hummers, Tanks and all the helicopters one could want.

plus the UAV which is fun. it's a great game especally when you use C-4 to drop a building on an objective full of people

(you get the kills it's hilarious)

Photobucket

Games I am Currently Playing: DC Universe Online, Battlefield 4
PREORDERS: DESTINY (PS3) Diablo III Expansion (Reaper of souls) PSN: SSlarg add me!
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 17 (11 Views)
0 Likes