Apr 06 2010
By: str8jacketSteve Wastelander 729 posts

BFBC2 or MW2

11 replies 13 views Edited Apr 6, 2010

which multiplayer is more fun? if havent played both then dont comment.  

Message 1 of 12 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4316 posts

Re: BFBC2 or MW2

Apr 6, 2010

It depends on you, man.  Modern Warfare 2 is great if you like fast-paced battles on small maps and if you prefer to go lone wolf rather than necessarily work as a team.  I should warn you though, killstreaks dominate the game and you'll find that in almost every case, the game comes down to getting enough kills to start your killstreak chain and then just hiding from there and getting the rest of your kills from them.

For me, Modern Warfare 2 was just too bland.  It usually boils down to deathmatch even in objective-based modes or kill farming.  Bad Company 2 on the other hand has much more scope than Modern Warfare 2.  Part of this comes from vehicle-based gameplay and part of it is the Destruction 2.0 engine.  It's hard to describe just how much this impacts the gameplay and adds to the overall experience, but I love it.  After playing with destructible environments again, it's hard to go back to standard shooters, they just feel dated to me.

Another pro or con, depending on how you look at it, is that Bad Company 2 strongly emphasizes teamwork.  You will almost always do better as part of a 4 man squad than you would've done by yourself.  Also, the key to winning often lies with your squad as well as your team.  If you want to hide out and blast a few people, get MW2.  If you want a deeper gameplay experience and like the idea of working as a team to win, get Bad Company 2.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 2 of 12 (13 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1233 posts

Apr 6, 2010
What he said^^

Easy choice for me, BC2. MW2 was fun, but towards the end before I traded it in, I started to hate that game.
x__enemy__x
Message 3 of 12 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Apr 6, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 was the first PS3 game I bought and I love it so far.   Great online play.

Message 4 of 12 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Apr 6, 2010

Vanthem wrote:

It depends on you, man.  Modern Warfare 2 is great if you like fast-paced battles on small maps and if you prefer to go lone wolf rather than necessarily work as a team.  I should warn you though, killstreaks dominate the game and you'll find that in almost every case, the game comes down to getting enough kills to start your killstreak chain and then just hiding from there and getting the rest of your kills from them.

For me, Modern Warfare 2 was just too bland.  It usually boils down to deathmatch even in objective-based modes or kill farming.  Bad Company 2 on the other hand has much more scope than Modern Warfare 2.  Part of this comes from vehicle-based gameplay and part of it is the Destruction 2.0 engine.  It's hard to describe just how much this impacts the gameplay and adds to the overall experience, but I love it.  After playing with destructible environments again, it's hard to go back to standard shooters, they just feel dated to me.

Another pro or con, depending on how you look at it, is that Bad Company 2 strongly emphasizes teamwork.  You will almost always do better as part of a 4 man squad than you would've done by yourself.  Also, the key to winning often lies with your squad as well as your team.  If you want to hide out and blast a few people, get MW2.  If you want a deeper gameplay experience and like the idea of working as a team to win, get Bad Company 2.

ditto.

My PS3 Stats
Message 5 of 12 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
91 posts

Apr 7, 2010
BFBC2 FTW!! all the way, blowin up choppers i FUN!
Message 6 of 12 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
661 posts

Apr 7, 2010

mw2. bc2 has so much screen tear it put me off. it happens on both systems. mw2 is just so smooth.

Message 7 of 12 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

Apr 7, 2010

str8jacketSteve wrote:

which multiplayer is more fun? if havent played both then dont comment.  

UNCHARTED 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The maps are little so you get to shoot more.  BC2 and MW2 are too big so you spend most of your time walking.  Those games should be called Battlefield: Walking and Call of Duty: Walking.

Message 8 of 12 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Apr 7, 2010
MW2

Message 9 of 12 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Apr 7, 2010

I own both, but my MW2 has collected some dust since BFBC2 came out.

"They won't let me have one on the quarterdeck."
Message 10 of 12 (13 Views)
0 Likes