Dec 25 2009
By: RADASTIC Monster Hunter 36 posts

The story of the forbidden lands?!

5 replies 32 views Edited Dec 25, 2009

After playing through SOTC and reading up on ICO (I never got to play it sadly .) and all the anticipation for TLG. I have come across the fact that the games are all linked together in someway. Wander from SOTC could easily be ICO from...Er...ICO! Because at the end of SOTC, Wander is reborn, WITH HORNS! And since Lord Emon thought that Wander died at the end of SOTC when him and his guards came back to the forbidden lands they must have found ICO/Wander a few years after rebirth. So they realized who it was so they imprisoned him this time and when ICO meets Yorda i think that maybe Yorda is Mono from SOTC. Because if Lord Emon and his goons returned to the forbidden lands to find ICO/Wander they must have also found Yorda/Mono and locked her up aswell. But as for Yorda's powers well...maybe eating all that forbidden fruit did something to her. And I think that the games order is this: SOTC, ICO, TLG. PLEASE CORRECT ME ON ANYTHING IF I'M WRONG.

Also I was looking at the "LAST BIG SECRET" thread or whatever and all the maps say stuff about ICO rings, ICO beach and a Desert temple, SO FILL ME IN, PLEASE?

Thanks and have a Merry Christmas, Kwansa, Hanaka and other religious celebrations. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Message 1 of 6 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3215 posts

Re: The story of the forbidden lands?!

Dec 26, 2009

they cant be the SAME character, but youre on the right path... Wander is ICO's ancestor.  and as for putting him in the temple, well, that could be the story of the FIRST kid brought to the Castle, but if youve played ICO, you know that the main character is not the first kid brought there... it had been goin on for generations.  that is how you escape, the castle was getting old and your "tomb" fell and broke under the rumbling of the castle's movements, insinuating the castle was old and crumbling.... and the castle was seemingly built for the purpose of expelling the cursed horned boys.

as for ico beach in SotC, it is just a spot where it looks like the ICO castle is in the distance... more of easter eggs for ICO fans and a little proof that the games are conected (which is common knowledge now, but wasnt when SotC was first released).

i actually do not like the ICO castlein SotC, because it ruins MY interpretation of the story... i do not feel the castle was built until after the horned boys appeared.  as it was a reaction to them and a way to appease some higher spirits. through imprisonment.  They were born guilty, like all people are in the judeo-christian religions, and must pay for the sins of an ealier generation.  if the caslte existed at the time of SotC, it means the castle was repurposed to imprison the horned boys, but wasnt its original use.  I like to think the Castle WAS BUILT for imprionment.

Message Edited by SapienChavez on 12-26-2009 11:17 AM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chavez The Monster Hunter
Message 2 of 6 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
801 posts

Dec 26, 2009

Yeah, ICO took place a few thousand years after SotC, so ICO is not Wander. As for Mono, there is a common theory that she might be the Queen from ICO. However, I don't think that really fits her personality. The Queen imprisons and kills horned boys in a sick ritual to make herself immortal. If anything, I'd think Mono would be trying to protect the horned boys, not sacrifice them.

@Sapien: The ICO Castle isn't in SotC. That's just a mountain texture out in the distance, that some people thought looked vaguely like the ICO castle. However, it's been proven on various occasions that that texture is definitelly nothing but a mountain.

Message Edited by AndrewFM on 12-26-2009 11:34 AM
----

Message 3 of 6 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3215 posts

Dec 26, 2009

AndrewFM wrote:

Yeah, ICO took place a few thousand years after SotC, so ICO is not Wander. As for Mono, there is a common theory that she might be the Queen from ICO. However, I don't think that really fits her personality. The Queen imprisons and kills horned boys in a sick ritual to make herself immortal. If anything, I'd think Mono would be trying to protect the horned boys, not sacrifice them.

@Sapien: The ICO Castle isn't in SotC. That's just a mountain texture out in the distance, that some people thought looked vaguely like the ICO castle. However, it's been proven on various occasions that that texture is definitelly nothing but a mountain.

Message Edited by AndrewFM on 12-26-2009 11:34 AM

has it been "proven" as a mountain texture... ive seen people pull it apart with hacks and float near it and all that... still hard to tell one way or the other.

I am gonna believe you, since i did state that i like the story better without that being the castle in SotC!

but, that is still the answer to "what is ico beach in SotC?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chavez The Monster Hunter
Message 4 of 6 (32 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Dec 27, 2009

SapienChavez wrote:

they cant be the SAME character, but youre on the right path... Wander is ICO's ancestor.  and as for putting him in the temple, well, that could be the story of the FIRST kid brought to the Castle, but if youve played ICO, you know that the main character is not the first kid brought there... it had been goin on for generations.  that is how you escape, the castle was getting old and your "tomb" fell and broke under the rumbling of the castle's movements, insinuating the castle was old and crumbling.... and the castle was seemingly built for the purpose of expelling the cursed horned boys.

as for ico beach in SotC, it is just a spot where it looks like the ICO castle is in the distance... more of easter eggs for ICO fans and a little proof that the games are conected (which is common knowledge now, but wasnt when SotC was first released).

i actually do not like the ICO castlein SotC, because it ruins MY interpretation of the story... i do not feel the castle was built until after the horned boys appeared.  as it was a reaction to them and a way to appease some higher spirits. through imprisonment.  They were born guilty, like all people are in the judeo-christian religions, and must pay for the sins of an ealier generation.  if the caslte existed at the time of SotC, it means the castle was repurposed to imprison the horned boys, but wasnt its original use.  I like to think the Castle WAS BUILT for imprionment.

Message Edited by SapienChavez on 12-26-2009 11:17 AM

In your theory, who was the queen when they built the castle?       

Message 5 of 6 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Dec 27, 2009

Wander is definitely not Ico.  If you played ICO you saw the room that Ico was put in, there were probably a hundred other "cursed" horned children that were banished to the castle before Ico arrived.  The ending to shadow suggests that Wander is the first of the horned children.  So there is at least a few hundred years between baby Wander and Ico. 

Message 6 of 6 (32 Views)
0 Likes