Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 19 2009
By: Shokinfrasteen First Son 7 posts

Speculations regarding general religion.

2 replies 3 views Edited Dec 19, 2009

We're all aware, I'm sure, that this world is under an alleged "pagan" consensus, in the religious sense. So what does Wander pray to? Especially at the fallen bodies of the deceased colossi, who is he praying to at that point? If, in some way, he was praying to those specific creatures...would that imply that he's experienced them spiritually at another point in time? A while back, someone offered an idea that the small save points are just macrocosms of the ultimately larger Shrine of Worship; so would that explain the small blocks with the odd inscriptions on them? Don't those look uncannily like faces, or something? I don't really think we can interact with them; at this point I think we're all beyond getting around as far as the plot goes; but glitchy exploration still prevails, I guess.

Message 1 of 3 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
246 posts

Re: Speculations regarding general religion.

Dec 21, 2009
i think that when wander 'prays' in front of the colossus he is paying his respect to it by remembering the battle (hence the strange video format in the battles)
Message 2 of 3 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
582 posts

Re: Speculations regarding general religion.

Jan 3, 2010
That's exactly what it is FANONOPL. At least, that's what it most likely is. I did the same thing when I killed my first deer, prayed and payed my respects to the animal (as well as dip my hands in the blood; tradition, don't ask) that has allowed me to harvest its body for meat. Well, not exactly allowed, you get the point though right? I think that the religion they have is much like a monotheistic type religion combined with something like what the Indians had: One God called "The Great Spirit" and other plain old "spirits" that were'mt worshipped but equally respected. But that's just my opinion. Ueda made this game to be sooooo open that you can draw your own conclusions about every single thing in the game. It's not just him being lazy or that they ran out of time to make a proper story line, he did it on purpose. But it's absolutely astonishing because he did it right. However, I'd like to hear everyone else's opinion. What's everyone else think?
I don't think it's nice, you laughing. You see, my mule don't like people laughing. Gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it...
Message 3 of 3 (3 Views)
0 Likes