Jul 05 2009
By: juan661 I Only Post Everything 1142 posts

Shadow of the Colossus Movie and game question

10 replies 7 views Edited Jul 5, 2009
A great game for sure, but how would you guys feel if it was made into a movie.

Also, has anyone used the forbidden fruit enough to lower your health to be killed in one hit and tried killing the last colossi so you then turn into Dormin and be killed in 1 hit by the men? How would the game turn out? You know what I mean? Has anyone tried it?
Message 1 of 11 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

Re: Shadow of the Colossus Movie and game question

Jul 5, 2009

the movie is going to be most likely very horrible. i wish they would just ditch the idea and forget that they had ever thought about it.

also im pretty sure that your health will not go down any further than what it originally was at the start of the game when eating the forbidden fruit.

Message 2 of 11 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Jul 11, 2009

You can't be killed by Dormin's men. The arrows fired at you dont take a set amount of health, it is proportional to the amount of health that you have. So no matter how low you health bar is they can't kill you.

There is only one ending to Shadow of the Colossus.

Message 3 of 11 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
801 posts

Jul 13, 2009
And if your health does somehow manage to reach 0 at that point, the game just freezes.
----

Message 4 of 11 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

Jul 14, 2009
how do you know that andrew? did somebody actually do it?
Message 5 of 11 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
558 posts

Jul 14, 2009
Actually, it does make sense. I mean, my game restarted when I tried to kill Agro on the bridge. Imagine trying to remove all your health in the ending scene which was against the designer's intentions from the start.
Message 6 of 11 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
45 posts

Jul 27, 2009
Knowing movies nowadays, the people making it would most likely just focus on the fights and special effects, which would be dumb.
Message Edited by jasquarefan on 07-26-2009 10:28 PM
---------------------

The soothing music of 5 ten-year olds screaming at the top of their lungs after eating a slice of 5.56 pie. It makes you feel good inside
O o
/��________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZAR!!!BLARGHHHH!!!!
\_������������������������������������������������
Message 7 of 11 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1887 posts

Sep 19, 2009
For the movie im just wondering whos gonna play Wander, and if they are going to speak english or the language from the game....welll either way the movie will most likely suck but who knows it could be one of the few video game movies that is actually done decent.

Message 8 of 11 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Sep 23, 2009

As far as the movie, its up to who they choose/get as director.  They didn't get off to a good start when they chose the horrible writer from the Street Fighter movie, but I don't think a SotC game will come down to the writing anyway. 

My hope is that they just use the name to draw in the video game crowd, but give us something to advance the story and not just make a copy of the game.  Like lets say the movie takes place 10+ years after the game ends, and we follow a grown up "baby wander" and his escape from the FL.  Of course this would be no good unless Ueda was directly involved, but a guy can hope.

Lets face it, the game does not make a great movie.  They'll have to turn 16 colossi into 3 or less probably.  They'll change it all around and no one will like it.  Or they can try to get Ueda on board and make a real movie based on the events after (or before, I don't care) the game.  Then it has a chance to be good.   

Message 9 of 11 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Dec 14, 2009
they should take notes from the movie i am legend

Check cleared that's a million bucks
Message 10 of 11 (7 Views)
0 Likes