Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 28 2009
By: PhantomMidnight First Son 9 posts

Question about beginning Hard Mode.

7 replies 4 views Edited Nov 28, 2009

Hello there, I'm Midnight!

I've been browsing these forums for a few weeks, and I've thoroughly enjoyed it!  Such discoveries!  Great job to all of you!

I own SotC, but not Ico. (I am hoping to purchase it soon!)

My question is:

I have beaten Time Attack mode.... now what do I do?  In order to play Hard Mode, it looks as if I need to begin an entirely new game (beginning stamina, health, no items, ect..)  If so, then how does one beat the game four times: Normal, Normal Time Attack, Hard, Hard Time Attack?  On the main menu, I have the option to either load my current game (I've defeated all of the Time attack Colossi, and I am on the 8th Colossus in the actual game) How to I progress to Hard Mode?

I'm sorry if that is a dumb question, I have searched for an answer, and I can't find it.  (I know it must be staring me in the face )  

Thank you for your help,

Midnight. 

Message 1 of 8 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
558 posts

Re: Question about beginning Hard Mode.

Nov 29, 2009

You have to start all over in a new file for hard mode. Then once you beat hard mode you can start HTA 6 new items. There is no way to have one file with all 14 items. 

One question: are you searching for the 17th colossus?

If you are, it's a total fake. Anyway, hope I helped.

Message 2 of 8 (4 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Nov 29, 2009

Thank you so much for your help!  

Grr, that really stinks that you can't have all 14 items..  and that I have to start all over again.  Ugh.

Then what does it mean to "beat the game four times"  "If you beat it four times, you can climb to the Secret Garden"?  All of that stuff?  I know that the garden climb is possible by VAJ (vertical-angle-jumping), but what does the four times refer to?   

Yes, I know that there is no 17th colossus, and there is a 99.9% chance that there isn't a "last big secret" either.  I've seen all of the emulation-exploration videos..

Anyhow, thank you so much for your help! 

Message 3 of 8 (4 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 29, 2009

Yes You might have to beat the game four times in a row. The secret garden is no reward for beating all colossi or beating a certain amount of colossi. To do this, well... you do have to beat a certain amount of colossi to reach the secret garden. After beating 7 or 8 colossi, Go to the back of The Shrine of Warship. Well go outside and go to the back. Once you do this, there should be a patch of Moss leading upward. You might want to jump to get there faster but DON'T do this. Jump diagonally but don't put too much power to it. Hold triangle (which you know) and hold the left analog stick diagonally upward right and once your character reaches his arm to the right let go at ONCE. This is the Basic stuff just to safe up stamina. It's slow but it will do you good. Here's a link to the Secret garden.

It should be named:   The Short Way to the Secret Garden.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/adventure/wandaandthecolossus/hints.html 

Hope this helps...... Murcity11207. 

Message 4 of 8 (4 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 29, 2009
I meant No you DO NOT HAVE TO BEAT THE GAME FOUR TIMES IN A ROW sry
Message 5 of 8 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
558 posts

Nov 29, 2009

You could climb to the secret garden after beating the game only once using the method described above.

But, to answer your question, you have to beat the game 4 times in a row on either Normal mode or Hard mode. So if you beat it the first time, you notice your stamina is a lot bigger. The more colossi you defeat, the more stamina. Once you have beat the game around 3-4 times (depending on how many white lizard tails you ate) you should be able to climb to the secret garden with ease. 

Hope this answered your question.

Message 6 of 8 (4 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Dec 12, 2009

Thank you all for your help!  

I was already aware that it is possible to reach the Secret Garden by using the Vertical Angle Jump glitch..but frankly....I'm too lazy to climb all the way to the top like that.  By the time I get to the second ledge, my fingers are too tired to keep going.  Pathetic, I know.. 

I have another quick question about the Garden Climb:

How do I get onto that 2nd ledge; the one that you can rest on?  I have a guide that says that there is a certain way to jump that will allow you to grab the lip above the ledge that you would normally grab, and if you do this, you can climb on top of the ledge and rest.  I managed to rest on the ledge once, but since then, every time

I try to jump to it, I end up falling or grabbing the part below it, which prevents me from climbing on top of the ledge.   (<-- Did what I say make sense?  I hope so...)

So anyways, thank you again for your help!  I appreciate it!  

~Midnight  

Message 7 of 8 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
558 posts

Dec 12, 2009
Message 8 of 8 (4 Views)
0 Likes