Jul 01 2010
By: DEMOLITION_D Treasure Hunter 7534 posts

Made this neat video

2 replies 22 views Edited Jul 1, 2010

Shadow of the Colossus: Atonement is what I called it. Not saying that I agree with Emon, but it has a nice ring to it. Enjoy

Message 1 of 3 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3242 posts

Re: Made this neat video

Jul 3, 2010

I must question the contents of the video.   While the beginning was good and so was the end.  I felt the middle had parts in it that were just to random. And maybe you were going for that. But I felt it would of been a even better video if you just put a theme into the middle of it that went along with the beginning and end.  Maybe there was one and I'm just to sto-... er well nvm mind that. You get my point.

Not to say this isn't a very quality video that I enjoyed.  Music especially.  I just like to critique things because alot of people well go 'awesome video' and that's it.

Message 2 of 3 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7534 posts

Re: Made this neat video

Jul 3, 2010

Duality_18 wrote:

I must question the contents of the video.   While the beginning was good and so was the end.  I felt the middle had parts in it that were just to random. And maybe you were going for that. But I felt it would of been a even better video if you just put a theme into the middle of it that went along with the beginning and end.  Maybe there was one and I'm just to sto-... er well nvm mind that. You get my point.

Not to say this isn't a very quality video that I enjoyed.  Music especially.  I just like to critique things because alot of people well go 'awesome video' and that's it.

And I appreciate that, because yeah, most people do just say that and leave it like that. But. Given the circumstances, and by circumstances I mean a world full of low quality or downright absence of SotC GMVs, I like to look at this as a breath of fresh air. The beginning was a successor to the entire video, showing the girl at the end before she wakes up and Wander being lifted and brought to the temple at the end of the game. The middle consisted of Colossi intros to show off exactly what challenges he had to face, and also, let's face it, they were some of the few cutscenes even present in the game. Meaning footage is hard to come by for a 6 minute song, unless you just show music layered on scenes with no editing, which I don't do because that does not constitute as a music video. That's just scenes with music layered over them other than the BGM lol.

The end was the moments before the beginning of the video. Tried to really capture the ultimate sorrow of what Wander had gone through, ultimately to witness it amount to nothing and having to feel as beaten as he was. Atonement was chosen simply because the title and the quote sounded cool. Many great things are created this way, for instabce, Evangelion got it's name because the director merely thought that it sounded cool, while everything else in the series is shadowed by such in depth and meaningful themes

Glad you enjoyed it

Message 3 of 3 (22 Views)
0 Likes