Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 04 2011
By: Cutekalina Treasure Hunter 5123 posts

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection

18 replies 350 views Edited Mar 4, 2011

It would seem according to Best Buy. Their saying the Collection is coming out 3-8. Does anyone know if this is true? I mean before they said it was coming out, April 1st. Now seems they've changed the date. Yet other stores still haven't listed this Collection on their site yet. I'm wondering why their not listing the collection like best buy is. Seems Best Buy is more up todate then other sites. Has anyone else, notice this? Also is it really coming out 3-8, instead of 4-1? I've also haven't seen any ad's for them either.  Any thoughts?

Message 4 of 19 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Re: ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection

Mar 4, 2011

I doubt it's coming out in 2 weeks. Amazon has changed their date to December and Gamestop has changed their date to TBD (To Be Determined). If it really was coming out this soon then these two sources would have the same date.

Message 1 of 19 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8695 posts

Mar 4, 2011

Best buy actually shows 3/8 not the 18th.

There hasn't even been an announcement by Sony.  I would try to forget about the game and just wait for the official announcement.

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Message 2 of 19 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Mar 4, 2011

yea I do not think this is coming out soon. I work for a major retailer so I think I would have received information reguarding this release. Just wait to hear from Sony.

Message 3 of 19 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5123 posts

Mar 5, 2011

It's hard to figure out the date of this game coming out. All over the internet, they all have a diffrent date listed. I called best buy today, they said. They weren't sure when they would be reciving the game. So I'm rather curious to know when it really is coming out.

Message 5 of 19 (350 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11174 posts

Mar 5, 2011

The date is unfortunately a mystery. I was thinking the ICO/Shadow Collection would be heading out in March or April sometime, but now that it's March and approaching April, I'm just not sure anymore.

I would think a surprise release date will hit us by the end of this month... maybe sometime in May or June? Who knows - it could be Summer or Fall when the game hits stores to prepare for The Last Guardian, which itself is without a release date. Is it likely that The Last Guardian will be delayed until 2012? I hope not, but knowing Sony they've pushed back quite a few titles last year.

Message 6 of 19 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8695 posts

Mar 5, 2011

Cutekalina wrote:

It's hard to figure out the date of this game coming out. All over the internet, they all have a diffrent date listed. I called best buy today, they said. They weren't sure when they would be reciving the game. So I'm rather curious to know when it really is coming out.

yeah, until there is an official annoucement, everything will just be rumors.  my guess is Sony will give a release date at E3, so only about 3 more months!

Message 7 of 19 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5123 posts

Mar 8, 2011

True, seems like no one knows anything about the corrent date on this. I was checking all over the internet today for any news on a date. Yet still nothing. Everyone on there still had tba or all diffrent dates. Guess I'll buy a new game & wait for this one to finally come out. Yet, I'll keep looking for any slight update on their release. Hoping sometime soon. They did say spring 2011. so one can only wait & wonder.

Message 8 of 19 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5123 posts

Mar 8, 2011

ok this raises a question. I just checked the store availability thing. To see if the Best Buys, near me what they'd say. They all now say: AVAILABILITY IN STORE ONLY. Before they all said: not available. So this leaves me scratching my head. what do you guys think? Also currently time I checked Best Buy's site is at 12:18am. So it seems they've changed their info on this game. All stores near me say the same thing. when few days ago, they said the game wasn't available. I guess all I can do is call them sometime today & find out if they have the game or not. You know? hmm

OK here's an current update on what best buy is now saying at 2:34am.  Around midnight they said: Availability in Store Only.

Well now their saying: SHIP TO STORE Usually ships to store in 3 to 5 days

What could this possibly mean? Still Best Buy is the only store that's saying this.

Message 9 of 19 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8695 posts

Mar 8, 2011

I just checked bestbuy and it says ship to store for all 3 pages near my zip code.

Someone must have put 3/8/11 as a release date placeholder months ago, and no one ever removed it, so when the date hit and there was no inventory, it just says backordered.

Seems kind of odd for bestbuy to totally miss this and not correct the date.  guess they don't really care.

long story short, the game isn't out, and bestbuy is stoopid

Message 10 of 19 (350 Views)
0 Likes