Aug 02 2009
By: riotstarrterr Hekseville Citizen 307 posts

I loved the game, graphics, and story except for... **SPOILERS**

19 replies 3 views Edited Aug 2, 2009
...the ending. what the heck?  I heard all of this stuff about how good the ending  is, but i had no idea what happened.  Am i just stupid or did i have to play Ico?  Someone please explain.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 20 (3 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11832 posts

Re: I loved the game, graphics, and story except for... **SPOILERS**

Aug 5, 2009

Even though I really don't understand the ending, such as yourself, I still love it. It's one of the few in a game that has kept me thinking about it years after I had finished it.

I'm not sure if playing ICO will really help you out either. As far as I know, it's an unrelated experience from Shadow of the Colossus. The only similarity is that they're set in the same world/atmosphere. I too want to know what it all means but I've never found a clear answer. However, I really don't think there is one in the first place; Team Ico wanted to keep us guessing.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 20 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Aug 5, 2009
Its so great because you get to fill in the blank!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 20 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
558 posts

Aug 6, 2009

Ico has some of Dormin inside of him, the babies are the new colossi, except they aren't rock made of earth, but flesh and bone.

Well, that's what I got out of it. 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 20 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1125 posts

Aug 6, 2009

CloudStrifeVIl wrote:

Ico has some of Dormin inside of him, the babies are the new colossi, except they aren't rock made of earth, but flesh and bone.

Well, that's what I got out of it. 

Same here.

"We like to think we spend our time preparing to live. In reality, we are preparing to die."
Why So Serious? Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 20 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Aug 6, 2009

So you interpreted it as the horned children from Ico that are sacrificed in the castle are the descendants of Wander and therefore are flesh and bone versions of Colossi? I agree with you about them most likely being the descendants of Wander and that they probably have a little Dormin in them (the horns) but calling them 'new colossi' seems like a bit of a stretch to me. I never really thought about it but I guess if that is indeed the case (the horned boys have the spirit of Dormin in them) it makes sense that the village they live in would want to sacrifice them and get them out of their village. I wonder if the Queen told the villagers to do begin this tradition, or they just started doing it of their own accord. Do they even know the Queen is in that castle? Or is it just a convenient place to make the sacrifices, well away from the village itself.

I apologize if I'm asking redundant and already asked questions. I've never really gone out of my way to read those crazy in-depth summaries/theories that are posted here and on other sites.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 20 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Aug 6, 2009
i still think they could've expained it a bit more. 
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 20 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
558 posts

Aug 7, 2009

Ueda isn't the person to give out explanations. He wants the player to come up with their own interpretation.

I don't think Wander had any kids. The ending is kinda saying: Yep, after all this, Wander still cannot have the one he loves, and is trapped in the Forbidden Lands for the rest of his life.

I think Dormin's spirit is just manifesting itself one by one. Or maybe it's that spell Emon cast on Wander that fused Dormin and him together.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 20 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 7, 2009
i think mono was the quen and that the sow is the castle.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 20 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
801 posts

Aug 7, 2009

Several hundred years may have passed between the two games, but that's not nearly enough time to erode an entire peninsula of land into a tiny island small enough to house a castle.

----

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 20 (3 Views)
0 Likes