Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 07 2011
By: Sushi_Pirate Fender Bender 4029 posts

Coming this September: The ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection for PS3

11 replies 349 views Edited Jun 7, 2011

As Shadow of the Colossus is in my personal top 10 of all time, I just had to share this blog post!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/06/07/coming-this-september-the-ico-shadow-of-the-colossus-colle...

From the blog:

The Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection for PS3 Box Art

I’m excited to share a great bit of news that I know many of you have been eagerly awaiting! The ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection will be hitting stores starting September 27th, 2011 for $39.99 (MSRP).  Featuring two of the most beloved video games of all time from famed  visionary Fumito Ueda and his talented team of developers, this  collection is a must-have for gamers.

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection for PS3

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus have never looked or sounded this good. Both games have been  re-mastered to support full 1080p HD resolution for a stunning,  razor-sharp presentation, as well as full stereoscopic 3D support to  bring the games to life in a brand new dimension. You’ll also be able to  enjoy the games in up to 7.1 surround sound this time around, and  unlock Trophies as you master, or re-master, these video game classics.

The Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection for PS3

The development team is hard at work to meet and exceed expectations  for The Last Guardian, so this collection is the perfect remedy to tide  you over until the team’s latest gaming masterpiece is ready.

Look for more information about this collection coming in the months ahead.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (349 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11054 posts

Re: Coming this September: The ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection for PS3

Jun 7, 2011

I'm definitely looking forward to this one myself. I may even be picking up the new God of War collection that was announced alongside the setting of the date, not having played Ghost of Sparta yet.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Jun 10, 2011

Yes!  Finally a solid release date!  I can't wait.  But I wonder, is this the US date or Japan?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
457 posts

Jun 10, 2011

CAN NOT WAIT!!! so pumped for this. Shadow of the Colossus and Ico are both amazing games. Also cant wait for the new game The Last Guardian

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Jun 10, 2011

Now I can finally complete SotC! I have it but my PS2 and controller aren't up to snuff in order to really enjoy it.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (349 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11415 posts

Jun 10, 2011

I’m looking forward to a lot of the HD collections that are scheduled to release in the next little while (this year and next year). I honestly cannot wait until the ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection, the Metal Gear Solid Collection, and the Silent Hill Collection make their way into my PlayStation®3 video game collection. 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Jun 10, 2011

What about Zone of the Enders collection? I've never played them, but they look really cool.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Jun 10, 2011

SweetPoison13 wrote:

I’m looking forward to a lot of the HD collections that are scheduled to release in the next little while (this year and next year). I honestly cannot wait until the ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection, the Metal Gear Solid Collection, and the Silent Hill Collection make their way into my PlayStation®3 video game collection. 

Oh yes.  Those are going to be so awesome.  Now we just need a Devil May Cry Collection and a Kingdom Hearts Collection. 

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3680 posts

Jul 15, 2011

I had heard it might be pushed back to 2012, but it's good to see the release date is still holding...for now.  I guess Team ICO really love this time of year to release games.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (349 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11054 posts

Sep 5, 2011

I can't help but know when the relationship is going to start for each game I'm getting. This being one game I've been waiting for since it was announced a year or two ago... the countdown phase has been ticking ever since.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (349 Views)
0 Likes