Apr 20 2010
By: Simco876 Uncharted Territory 1936 posts

Agro made #3!

15 replies 34 views Edited Apr 20, 2010

Gameinformer did a top 10 list of the best horses of all time in video games. I personally think that it at least should have made #2.

Here is the link:

http://gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2010/04/06/top-ten-horses-in-video-games.aspx

Argo!

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
683 posts

Re: Argo made #3!

Apr 14, 2010

Shadowmere?  That beat out Agro?  Bull crap.  I do agree with Epona though, I loved that horse.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1936 posts

Apr 14, 2010

I think its hard to win out above the horse that played a role in Zelda 64. I mean that game was a classic. But if I was facing giants.. give me Argo anyday

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (34 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1003 posts

Apr 16, 2010

I think Agro should've won. It's the only horse that actually acts like a horse. He feels and acts real. He doesn't feel like just another vehicle like some car. I definitely didn't care for any horses from Oblivion or Zelda - They barely do anything or interact with the player.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
683 posts

Apr 19, 2010

DJD1 wrote:

I think Agro should've won. It's the only horse that actually acts like a horse. He feels and acts real. He doesn't feel like just another vehicle like some car. I definitely didn't care for any horses from Oblivion or Zelda - They barely do anything or interact with the player.

Did you play Zelda?  It kinda blows my mind that you would say you don't care for that horse.  

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1936 posts

Apr 19, 2010

ahearn1 wrote:

DJD1 wrote:

Did you play Zelda?  It kinda blows my mind that you would say you don't care for that horse.  

I can understand DJ's thoughts about the horse from SotC. I mean in Zelda you got on the horse a few times, but it wasn't a main stream use. In SotC you used Argo to get to the next giant and you used him to fight a few of them. So you did have more interaction with Argo IMO. Still a good 1st vs 2nd debate

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (34 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Apr 19, 2010

... Just FYI: the horse's name is Agro, not Argo

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
683 posts

Apr 20, 2010

Simco876 wrote:

ahearn1 wrote:

DJD1 wrote:

I can understand DJ's thoughts about the horse from SotC. I mean in Zelda you got on the horse a few times, but it wasn't a main stream use. In SotC you used Argo to get to the next giant and you used him to fight a few of them. So you did have more interaction with Argo IMO. Still a good 1st vs 2nd debate

Maybe it's just the nostalgia for Zelda I have.  Ocarina of Time is one of the first games that I really got into.  I mean, I've played other games before that but that is the game that really launched me into the hobby of gaming.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1936 posts

Apr 20, 2010

Dankedanke wrote:

... Just FYI: the horse's name is Agro, not Argo

my bad, dyslexia

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1936 posts

Apr 20, 2010

ahearn1 wrote:

Simco876 wrote:

ahearn1 wrote:

DJD1 wrote:

Maybe it's just the nostalgia for Zelda I have.  Ocarina of Time is one of the first games that I really got into.  I mean, I've played other games before that but that is the game that really launched me into the hobby of gaming.

Yeah I hear you on that one. I remember pumping some hours into that game, but could never truely get into it because I never owned a 64, just played it when I could at a friends house. (Goldeneye took up most of our time. lol)

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (34 Views)
0 Likes