Fender Bender
3477 posts

Re: This guy claims socom 2 HD is in the works *Video*

Jul 28, 2011

TOMBSTONE4U wrote:

Well It's kind of a believe it when i see it type thing. I mean the guy sound genuine it's not like he's making outlandish claims as to what it's going to be. I just hope if it's true Zipper is smart enough to realize that adding move compatibilty to the gameplay is a sure fire way to make sure a Socom remake completely bombs. They have to keep in mind the kind of people that want the remake are those who like recoil systems and don't want the game dumbed down to cater to some other fanbase.

I just hope they stay true to the architectures of the maps. In other words all Socom 1 maps are there original architecture and not the S2 versions of them (except the breach wall on DG that was like the only architecture improvement S2 did to any of the original maps.)

This.  The last thing we need is zero recoil in the next socom.  I wouldn't put it past them though.  After looking at the price of the Move and all its bits and pieces I see why they're pushing it so hard.  150 or so dollars if you dont want to use your controller in one hand.  

I've been watching a few Move videos and they definitely have an advantage and Socom4 was designed for the Move from the ground up.  Anyone using the DS3 is Move Fodder.

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 133 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4198 posts

Jul 28, 2011

LOL what!!!! nah its cool man im bringing it back LMAO!

dude that killed me hahaahah

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 133 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16880 posts

Jul 28, 2011

Graphik wrote:

S_L_I_C_K wrote:

seriously?  you believe this?  all this guy did was read the post by dunham a few months ago and talk about it on youtube.  his "source" is these forums...

Photobucket

I don't think anyone "believes it, I think we're all skeptical about it. and anyone  can speculate all they want as to who they think his source is. But it isn't hurtin nothing hoping for it. If it doesn't happen, so be it.

"Statistics are a great predictor of the past"
Photobucket

all he did was read the post by dunham. thats it.  there is no need to be skeptical, its a flat out lie. 

here is the direct quote from dunham

I think it would be cool to do an HD revamp, but not necessarily SOCOM II. The way I'd want to see it would be sort of an "SOCOM Legacy" deal, where we'd drop SP altogether, take all the greatest maps from S1 through SC and update them, while taking the S1/S2 HUD/ gameplay as the base and go from there.

now go watch that video again, all that guy is doing is reading this post.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 133 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
602 posts

Jul 28, 2011

SLICK you need to chill, I'm not saying i believe this is going to be made but i know this guy well enough to know he isn't flat out lien. I watched almost all his vids and not once did he ever flat out LIE about anything he loves socom just as much as the rest of us and he does have sources that you don't have. So lighten up a little before you go around calling people liars, be fair about it.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 133 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Jul 28, 2011

This dude is flat out lieing...im not one to agree with any socom 4 hater but cmon man SLICK makes an excellent point here

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 133 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2182 posts

Jul 28, 2011

i been checking out his video's for sometime now. this guy is not lying,he is a huge socom fan,and a fan of gaming,,,if any one is lying,it would be his source,,,i believe him...just dont know about his source

I DON'T LIKE SOCOM4,CAUSE ITS NOT A SOCOM GAME,,PLAIN AND SIMPLE.
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 133 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16880 posts

Jul 28, 2011

o-XxSoLo-o wrote:

SLICK you need to chill, I'm not saying i believe this is going to be made but i know this guy well enough to know he isn't flat out lien. I watched almost all his vids and not once did he ever flat out LIE about anything he loves socom just as much as the rest of us and he does have sources that you don't have. So lighten up a little before you go around calling people liars, be fair about it.

its one of 2 things, either he is flat out lying, or his "source" read that thread and acted like it was some inside info.  either way the rumor started in that thread.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 133 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

Jul 28, 2011

His about me says

"I live in Florida my wife sarah and kids emma ans kyle I work for sony as a game tester If you wanna know more watch my videos...and enjoy"

I think he means he plays betas for a living.... lol

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 133 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
602 posts

Jul 28, 2011

Slick didn't make a point! All he did was call the man a liar with no real proof except a quote from dunham saying he would like to see a socom legacy made. What does that prove? NOTHING, if anything that makes this guy look even more right because dunham already mentioned this before !

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 133 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
565 posts

Jul 28, 2011

S_L_I_C_K wrote:

Graphik wrote:

S_L_I_C_K wrote:

seriously?  you believe this?  all this guy did was read the post by dunham a few months ago and talk about it on youtube.  his "source" is these forums...

Photobucket

I don't think anyone "believes it, I think we're all skeptical about it. and anyone  can speculate all they want as to who they think his source is. But it isn't hurtin nothing hoping for it. If it doesn't happen, so be it.

"Statistics are a great predictor of the past"
Photobucket

all he did was read the post by dunham. thats it.  there is no need to be skeptical, its a flat out lie. 

here is the direct quote from dunham

I think it would be cool to do an HD revamp, but not necessarily SOCOM II. The way I'd want to see it would be sort of an "SOCOM Legacy" deal, where we'd drop SP altogether, take all the greatest maps from S1 through SC and update them, while taking the S1/S2 HUD/ gameplay as the base and go from there.

now go watch that video again, all that guy is doing is reading this post.

Photobucket

I did read that back when it was posted and thought about that when I watched the video. Again It could be thats all he did was copy it. All Im saying is that maybe he did get some inside info that he obtained through a friends friends friend. Until I know for sure Im gonna stay hopeful.

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 133 (117 Views)
0 Likes