cold front worth geting?

21 replies 398 views Edited Aug 4, 2012

is cold front woth geting?

Message 1 of 22 (398 Views)
Sackboy
535 posts

Re: cold front worth geting?

Aug 5, 2012
Yes, it 100% is worth it. More maps, specializations, guns, player skins, when I say more. I mean more. And if you have something good why wouldn't you want more of it. In this case more is awesome!!!
Message 2 of 22 (388 Views)
Splicer
63 posts

Aug 5, 2012
Exacally what he said, worst case scenario is that you hate the maps , but you still walk out of it with thermal scope, specializations , and new guns (Val, ak-107)
Message 3 of 22 (384 Views)
First Son
13 posts

Aug 5, 2012
I think maps are quite good, the weapons are awsome.
This game deserved more dlc i think
Message 4 of 22 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
630 posts

Aug 5, 2012

I'm not a huge fan of the DLC. If thermal and specializations were not added they would be better. The tilly's and thermals are just war to overpowered.

Message 5 of 22 (373 Views)
Splicer
63 posts

Aug 5, 2012
Idk about thermal because it has it's advantages and disadvantages but I totally agree with you on the Tilly. All you need as a good camping spot and bam you just got 3 kills
Message 6 of 22 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
630 posts

Aug 5, 2012

clankilluh wrote:
Idk about thermal because it has it's advantages and disadvantages but I totally agree with you on the Tilly. All you need as a good camping spot and bam you just got 3 kills

Good point, the thermal does have the disadvantages. 

Message 7 of 22 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Aug 5, 2012
If the thermal dident have a limit of how far you could see people with it then hell yea that's cheap
Message 8 of 22 (364 Views)
Sackboy
630 posts

Aug 5, 2012

I get why it was brought in. Sniping on a heavy snow map is, difficult for some one who is not a pro at sniping the thermal is very usefull. Good that it forces a sniper to come close range. Tilly's is where is just goes down hill and is really frustrating. I don't mind getting sniped by them. Been playing for so long now with them its just part of the game. Stay close low and keep eyes open for cover. Also red smoke. Its when you see people run and gun with them. Espicially when they are on your team vs a guy who has excellent aim. If your going to snipe then snipe, but why run and gun with it. When you lose rounds because he just spams in close range is annoying and frustrating.

Message 9 of 22 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10109 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 5, 2012

TrueSoldier29 wrote:

I'm not a huge fan of the DLC. If thermal and specializations were not added they would be better. The tilly's and thermals are just war to overpowered.

The specialization system screwed up what little weapon distribution balance there was between teams giving the terrorists the Sr25 or G36 but it also gave players more options in attachments like the foregrip on the M16 when for some unfathomable reason you couldn't before and other rifles or the regular suppressor on all SMGs...hate the very idea of unlocks but it does have ups and downs.

The thermal was just poorly balanced they probably should of just left the "white" filter so it wasn't so easy to scan and see enemies glaring out at you as well as limit the magnifications. Ideally there would be two versions of it one locked at 2x and one locked at 4x so you have to choose between the ability to scan and the ability to snipe accurately.

But in the end even without the DLC you will still play in rooms where people have it...and at this point everyone else is going to.

Message 10 of 22 (356 Views)
0 Likes