Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
4721 posts

Re: Weapon Wheel Idea; A MUST READ

Sep 9, 2009

PacoFuentes wrote:
better yet, if we could remove taunts from our control scheme we could then have TWO quickswaps.  one for guns, one for gear.

not true. the taunts button works on a delay. Thats why you can have it on the same button as voice chat, it doesnt pop up everytime you use the mic.

Quickswap buttons have no delay, and if you put a quickswap on the same button as voice chat then you would swap weapons every time you pressed L2 to talk.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 21 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13336 posts

Sep 9, 2009

Icculus716 wrote:

PacoFuentes wrote:
better yet, if we could remove taunts from our control scheme we could then have TWO quickswaps.  one for guns, one for gear.

not true. the taunts button works on a delay. Thats why you can have it on the same button as voice chat, it doesnt pop up everytime you use the mic.

Quickswap buttons have no delay, and if you put a quickswap on the same button as voice chat then you would swap weapons every time you pressed L2 to talk.

you've got it backwards.  taunts is tap, weapon wheel is hold.  so you could replace the "tap for taunt" function with "tap for a second quickswap."  I never said it would need to be on the same button as voice chat.  it's a separate function you could put on any button you want. 

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 21 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4721 posts

Sep 9, 2009

PacoFuentes wrote:

Icculus716 wrote:

PacoFuentes wrote:

you've got it backwards.  taunts is tap, weapon wheel is hold.  so you could replace the "tap for taunt" function with "tap for a second quickswap."  I never said it would need to be on the same button as voice chat.  it's a separate function you could put on any button you want. 

try putting quickswap on the same button as voice chat (or any other hold button). Everytime you try to talk you will switch your weapons first.

When I first got the game I put jump and run on the same button and I had to jump before every run. quickswap, knife, jump, etc are the "tap" buttons that have no delay.The only two "tap" buttons that have a delay are taunts and fire rate. 

Trust me, Ive tried almost every possible configuration.

Where else could you put it??????

Message Edited by Icculus716 on 09-08-2009 10:51 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 21 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
439 posts

Sep 9, 2009

WESTZIDE_PLAYA16 wrote:

Slant six gave us the option of disabling the L&R on the D pad right? well I have an idea, what if we could use the L&R to switch to our gear?

Example - If you have grenades and flash bangs, you press L on your d pad to switch to grenades and R on your d pad to switch to flash bangs this way you can keep your primary and secondary on L1 this way if you encounter an enemy and empty your primary you won't pull out your grenades instead of your secondary. Same thing with grenades, I hate wanting to pull out a grenade and then pull out my pistol instead and once I finally get a nade out the target is already gone.

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK

That would be great! One of the most annoying things in this game is switching weapons on the fly. Either way, they should definately give you more options for the d pad.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 21 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
893 posts

Sep 9, 2009

WESTZIDE_PLAYA16 wrote:

Slant six gave us the option of disabling the L&R on the D pad right? well I have an idea, what if we could use the L&R to switch to our gear?

Example - If you have grenades and flash bangs, you press L on your d pad to switch to grenades and R on your d pad to switch to flash bangs this way you can keep your primary and secondary on L1 this way if you encounter an enemy and empty your primary you won't pull out your grenades instead of your secondary. Same thing with grenades, I hate wanting to pull out a grenade and then pull out my pistol instead and once I finally get a nade out the target is already gone.

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK

I wouldn't ever take lean off my d-pad, even know leaning in this Socom is pretty useless, but that is a great idea actually.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 21 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6210 posts

Sep 9, 2009

WESTZIDE_PLAYA16 wrote:

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK

I already do that. Hold the weapon wheel button then press left or right. Ever since they changed the weapon wheel, I have not had a problem changing weapons.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 21 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13336 posts

Sep 9, 2009

here is the optimal solution for Quickswap:

HOLD L1 and press  X O /\ [] depending on what you want to switch to.

simple.  fast.  effective.  easy to do while moving.  no longer a need for a button to open the weapon wheel.  no need for a weapon wheel AT ALL.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 21 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6210 posts

Sep 9, 2009

PacoFuentes wrote:

simple.  fast.  effective.  easy to do while moving.  no longer a need for a button to open the weapon wheel.  no need for a weapon wheel AT ALL.

Isn't that what holding L1 for weapon wheel then pressing up, right, down and left does?

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 21 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13336 posts

Sep 9, 2009

GILLIGAN- wrote:

PacoFuentes wrote:

Isn't that what holding L1 for weapon wheel then pressing up, right, down and left does?

well, default is to hold circle.  I don't know about you, but it's hard to hold circle, press the d-pad, and keep moving at the same time - especially if you're also trying to SET your quickswap.  plus overall the feature currently requires more buttons than it needs to - L1 to switch, circle + dpad to choose, circle + dpad + L1 to set.  also, actually bringing up the weapon wheel is obtrusive and slow.

my idea eliminates the need to wait for the weapon wheel to appear, and for it to get in the way of your screen.  it is easy to do as far as finger dexterity.  it is faster.  it leaves no need for "saving" two slots to the quickswap button.  you basically have four easy quickswaps that are always the same, every time. 

oh, and it also takes circle out of the equation altogether (unless you're holding L1) which means circle could be used for something else. 

Message Edited by PacoFuentes on 09-09-2009 11:40 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 21 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6210 posts

Sep 9, 2009

PacoFuentes wrote:

GILLIGAN- wrote:

PacoFuentes wrote:

well, default is to hold circle.  I don't know about you, but it's hard to hold circle, press the d-pad, and keep moving at the same time - especially if you're also trying to SET your quickswap.  plus overall the feature currently requires more buttons than it needs to - L1 to switch, circle + dpad to choose, circle + dpad + L1 to set.  also, actually bringing up the weapon wheel is obtrusive and slow.

my idea eliminates the need to wait for the weapon wheel to appear, and for it to get in the way of your screen.  it is easy to do as far as finger dexterity.  it is faster.  it leaves no need for "saving" two slots to the quickswap button.  you basically have four easy quickswaps that are always the same, every time. 

oh, and it also takes circle out of the equation altogether (unless you're holding L1) which means circle could be used for something else. 

Message Edited by PacoFuentes on 09-09-2009 11:40 AM

Well I guess the way I made mycustom controls are good so that it doesn't affect me. There probably isn't many people with my controls anyway.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 21 (2 Views)
0 Likes