Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3804 posts

Re: Socom confrontation 2?

Feb 20, 2011

Confrontation pissed me off so much because of all the bugs, hell thats why i stopped playing, but when the game actually WORKED, it really did feel like i was playing socom! Sure they could have did some things differently like faster movement speed and alot of other things, but thats what sequels are for! Like i said i LOVED the IDEA of confrontation, i love what slant six TRIED to do i don't like what zipper is doing at all!

I was wrong CS:GO SUCKS
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 63 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
166 posts

Feb 20, 2011
Slant Six making Socom Confrontation 2 is actually a very good thing. This is mainly for 3 reasons.

1.) They already have the confrontation engine
2.) experience with working on the PS3
3.) All they have to do is copy and paste off confrontation and then begin making small game changes + adding new maps and possible single player.

As the game stands right now, it's actually not so buggy (besides cheaters of course) so if /6 were to make Con2, then hell......count me in.
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 63 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15781 posts

Feb 20, 2011

II-Captain_K-II wrote:

VOODOO-x- wrote:

Make a sequal of a broken shooter?  Who is going to make it?  Slant 6 will never see another dime of Sony's money.

Dude post 1.6 it was a pretty good game. Every Socom zipper has made has been plagued with cheating and glitches (their only excuse being that they were all last-gen games). I would love to see another /6 socom because I believe they would learn from their mistakes and make it way better. With zipper, they refuse to learn from their mistakes at all.

Even numbered rounds, the side switch, and no tie breaker rounds make confrontation a worthless campfest.  The game is complete crap.

Recognize My Disease
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 63 (190 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1206 posts

Feb 20, 2011

BREWSKI-KILLER wrote:

Captain_Tom wrote:

SOCOM 4's sales will run laps around confrontation in 1 year lol!

spoken like a true wacker! You are the target audience captain, "sales"...thats whats important, not the quality of gameplay and thats why they dont listen to the old vets and dont even bother with changes...I would not be surprised if the esrb rating is 10 years and up! Gotta make them sales!!!

Do you know how excited I was for Confrontation?  I called it SOCOM 4 for a while.  And then it came out and SUCKED!  Team switching, terrible camera controls, and  GLITCHES GALOR ruined any hope for that game.  Yet I still played it for a month.  The fact is I am excited for a true SOCOM, and you know what SOCOM 4 is that new socom.  Sorry it isn't a photo copy of S2.

Playstation + PC = :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 63 (190 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1206 posts

Feb 20, 2011

Vigilant_ wrote:
it was slant6 first PS3 game. I believe they learned from it and could do a much better job the second time around

It doesn't matter, Killzone 2 was GG's first game on PS3 and it worked just fine.  Hell look at Demon's Souls.  That game had a tiny budget and yet did great.

Playstation + PC = :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 63 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2182 posts

Feb 21, 2011

icEdeMoN_EliTe wrote:

Idk about you guys but i wouldn't mind a confrontation 2, i think we can all agree the IDEA of confrontation was good, the game just simply didn't work but it had alot of potential and promise, more then socom 4 lol.

no socom was a good idea,sovfrontaion sucked they added nothing new but a dumb camara

I DON'T LIKE SOCOM4,CAUSE ITS NOT A SOCOM GAME,,PLAIN AND SIMPLE.
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 63 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1748 posts

Feb 21, 2011

I'll say this for Confrontation they got the gun game down really well, unfortunately it had too few maps was one of the big issues, half the features missing for about a year?  

Even then when we got CF DLC they added things like Tillys that unbalanced gameplay making all other snipers obsolete. And one thing that doesn't get talked about was them increasing the sound of footsteps incredibly loud, taking away alot of stealth elements to the game. 

They also never added a mix of the maps from original to dlc which was pretty fail, or a favorite mix and what not. 

Game engine was pretty bland, no windows to shoot out , not being able to shoot through windows, too many cars,gas tanks to explode. 

I guess we all know the basics but alot of these would be very simple fixes, and if they just kept to their word on ample amount of dlc maps it would be a great game. 

Unfortunately its all a pipe dream.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 63 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2200 posts

Feb 22, 2011

Jo-DaNe wrote:

12 rounds, side switching, no tiebreakers, armor/encumberance system = no thanks.

It wasnt just the bugs and countless network issues.  They **bleep**ed the gameplay too.

Ok Jane enough is enough. 12 rounds: it's 8 rounds, side switching: is good can't count how many games go 4 to 4 because 1 team doesn't keep the advantage all **bleeping game**( I know some sado's like no side switching but they got problems), no tie breakers: adds to suspense " it's all up to the Socom gods now", armor/encumberance: don't wear it what are you a girl/ oh ya lol, bugs and countless network issues: it's the only game that I get any hit detection 80-90 % of the time that's why we are still playing it is the best online experience on the PS3.

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 63 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2334 posts

Feb 27, 2011

SC 2 great idea. No need for campaign mode. When can I preorder.

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 63 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
274 posts

Mar 1, 2011

As much as I hated Confrontation, I wouldn't mind a Confrontation 2.  haha.  I don't think that made any sense.

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 63 (190 Views)
0 Likes