Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
8943 posts

Re: Slant Six new project for 2012 ( socom confrontation 2 incoming?)

Jan 22, 2012

X_Scarecrow2-X wrote:

o-XxSoLo-o wrote:

Confrontation is by far the best online game i played this gen.

Agreed. And hopefully if not Slant 6 then maybe another developer will get the chance to make a Confrontation 2 and have the time and money to make it properly.

I second this.

photo newsocomfansbanner-1-1.png
Message 31 of 118 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1803 posts

Jan 22, 2012

Did you always have your join date hidden?

Vadimony Trophy Card
Message 32 of 118 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Jan 22, 2012

yeah they cooking it up right now as we speak lolz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnWPwQT27uc&feature=related

Message 33 of 118 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Jan 22, 2012

I totally agree with this post.  Confrontation was not 1 or 2 but a very fun game minus the cheaters.  Like stated they did do the lobbies, pistols, len, etc.  By far the best Socom on the PS3.  Due to the issues at lauch, Slant 6 got a lot of criticism that they deserved.  We as a community need to inform them of the things that were done good and the things that were done poorly. 

Things done poorly:

No tiebreaker round

Shooting over rails

Resetting bomb on demolition

Quarantine (only 7 maps at launch)

Too many exploding items in the maps

Armor (I think this needs to be in the game if you are not regulating lag.  People with better DL speeds are at a huge disadvantage over those with crappy DL speeds.

No rooms that combined original maps with cold front maps

Didn't like the weapon wheel.  Liked in S2 where you could dedicate L1 and L2.

No jump to climb

No UCRR's

Feel free to add your own as I am sure I am miising some items.

I didn't mind the sprint button but also liked the analog to control speed.  Beta S4 sprint speed was entirely too fast. I don't want to see people running around like Usain Bolt.  Very hard to track and again gives a huge advantage to lag switchers and horrible connections. 

As far as switching sides you go to 9 rounds.  If score is tied 4-4, the team with the most kills after the 8th round gets the side they won most of their games on. 

Things done well:

Best Socom game on the PS3

Classic maps very well done less all the exploding items

Classic game modes

Lobbies

Pistols

Again, feel free to add your own.

Message 34 of 118 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2497 posts

Jan 23, 2012

o-XxSoLo-o wrote:

APOCALYPES-2003 wrote:

Are you serious!!! How can you get excited about another terrible developer who not only didn't listen to its community but ruined socom with the influx of features no one wanted? For now I will leave out the pure buggy broken and shipped broken comments.

Ill tell you what, we'll have fun playing confrontation 2 and you can sit on the forums all day complaining about how much zipper and slant six sucks while still begging for a socom 2 remake ok?

Solo, I would more than be happy to not play a game that isn't a socom game. SO when confron 2 does come , remember the freezing, lag in the lobby system and features that still don't work. Oh yeah try leaning or throwing grenades with both hands. Yep can't do that.

Or look how screwed up your personal account update for clans etc. You can't delete messages all at one time but have to do each one individually. This is exactly what IM talking about. Seems to me your expectations are so low you would settle for a box with socom name on it and crap inside and you would still call that the best game. Pathetic really.....

Message 35 of 118 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1919 posts

Jan 23, 2012

APOCALYPES-2003 wrote:

o-XxSoLo-o wrote:

APOCALYPES-2003 wrote:

Are you serious!!! How can you get excited about another terrible developer who not only didn't listen to its community but ruined socom with the influx of features no one wanted? For now I will leave out the pure buggy broken and shipped broken comments.

Ill tell you what, we'll have fun playing confrontation 2 and you can sit on the forums all day complaining about how much zipper and slant six sucks while still begging for a socom 2 remake ok?

Solo, I would more than be happy to not play a game that isn't a socom game. SO when confron 2 does come , remember the freezing, lag in the lobby system and features that still don't work. Oh yeah try leaning or throwing grenades with both hands. Yep can't do that.

Or look how screwed up your personal account update for clans etc. You can't delete messages all at one time but have to do each one individually. This is exactly what IM talking about. Seems to me your expectations are so low you would settle for a box with socom name on it and crap inside and you would still call that the best game. Pathetic really.....

What I find pathetic is that you automatically make negative assumptions about a confrontation 2 having the same problems as the first confrontation yet you have no problem letting zipper or some other dev make a "classic" socom game like their dung dont stink.  I find it pretty sad that you have become such a hypocrite Apoc and have resorted to posting non stop on this site when there is really nothing to talk about.  Everyone knows confrontation had 10k problems, everyone knows S4 was beyond terrible, everyone knows there is nothing socom related going on right now, so what exactly is the point of you regurgitating useless opinions over and over.  I think everyone that is left on these forums knows exactly how you feel and could most likely, verbatum dictate to you your next thread.  Get over it dude you are not accomplishing ANYTHING!

Message 36 of 118 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2497 posts

Jan 23, 2012

WRX_ wrote:

APOCALYPES-2003 wrote:

o-XxSoLo-o wrote:

APOCALYPES-2003 wrote:

What I find pathetic is that you automatically make negative assumptions about a confrontation 2 having the same problems as the first confrontation yet you have no problem letting zipper or some other dev make a "classic" socom game like their dung dont stink.  I find it pretty sad that you have become such a hypocrite Apoc and have resorted to posting non stop on this site when there is really nothing to talk about.  Everyone knows confrontation had 10k problems, everyone knows S4 was beyond terrible, everyone knows there is nothing socom related going on right now, so what exactly is the point of you regurgitating useless opinions over and over.  I think everyone that is left on these forums knows exactly how you feel and could most likely, verbatum dictate to you your next thread.  Get over it dude you are not accomplishing ANYTHING!

Wrx, negative assumption ehhhh. Hmmm currently have you seen RE? have you seen the characters shooting etc? Does it remind you of anything. The fact is devs and games are like playing that old memory game. can you remember where that card (dev) is? While it may be too early to truly state one way or the other.

What I am talking about is a developer who misguided did the same thing Zipper did which is ignore the fans and build something no one wanted. Then on top of that designed one of the worst socoms for the ps3! Now isn't that a great title to have?

Now as for the name calling. Actually we have plenty to talk about. Fact is socom didn't appeal to anyone. Mistakes have been made would you agree? We still have a developer who won't listen. So until this is fixed we have plenty to talk about.

Lastly if you dont like it don't come here? Its no skin off you hide what I do!

Message 37 of 118 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
386 posts

Re: Slant Six new project for 2012 ( socom confrontation 2 incoming?) *update*

Jan 23, 2012

Back in 2008 and 2009 socom con was great but the game is almost 4 years old and still people play it 

Message 38 of 118 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2497 posts

Re: Slant Six new project for 2012 ( socom confrontation 2 incoming?) *update*

Jan 23, 2012

mwhite79 wrote:

Back in 2008 and 2009 socom con was great but the game is almost 4 years old and still people play it

whats your point? People are still playing the original socoms stretching back 10 years. And?

Message 39 of 118 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3804 posts

Jan 23, 2012

I usually agree with alot of what you say but confrontation is a socom game and id be more than happy to see a confrontation 2. The day i get that game is the day i go back to proudly having no life outside of socom again, can't wait !

I was wrong CS:GO SUCKS
Message 40 of 118 (215 Views)
0 Likes