Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 22 2012
By: gon-freaks Sackboy 578 posts

Slant Six new project for 2012 ( socom confrontation 2 incoming?) *update*

117 replies 8993 views Edited Jan 22, 2012

Other Slant Six Games releases include SOCOM: Confrontation for the PS3, SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3 for the PSP, and SOCOM: Cold Front, a PDLC for Confrontation. Slant Six Games also created the graphics rendering engine for SCEA’s massively popular, Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror. Current projects include Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City due for release March 20th 2012 and other new exciting AAA projects TBA 2012.

Source: http://jobs.gamasutra.com/jobseekerx...countno=121367

UPDATE 1:

According to a job listing posted today, Slant Six, developer of upcoming PS3/Xbox 360 title Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, is hiring a ‘Network Engineer’

http://www.examiner.com/video-game-in-national/slant-six-developing-exciting-aaa-projects-for-2012

omg OMG!!! please, pleaseee make this happen Sony, confrontation 2!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 118 (8,993 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
9673 posts

Re: Slant Six new project for 2012 ( socom confrontation 2 incoming?)

Jan 22, 2012

"Pastry Fridays: the Video Game!"

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 118 (8,993 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1451 posts

Jan 22, 2012

This is interesting. Maybe sony will make socom a 2 developer thing like activision does with treyarch and infinity ward. I really hope it is a confrontatio 2 but i won't get my hope up.

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 118 (8,993 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10109 posts

Jan 22, 2012

As much as I would like a fixed and updated confrontation the thought that they would of been working on two projects at once with their small size is worrying.

I would also be fearful that now that they have worked on another franchise they will lose that socom influence that kept confrontation to the socom roots, if it was just an update on the existing base of confrontation both those fears would be abated but my cynicism is kicking in.

Assuming this even is a sony project there is also just as good a chance that it would be FTB4 for the vita or maybe even a reboot of tactical strike now that the portable device will have a touch screen.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 118 (8,993 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2478 posts

Jan 22, 2012

Are you serious!!! How can you get excited about another terrible developer who not only didn't listen to its community but ruined socom with the influx of features no one wanted? For now I will leave out the pure buggy broken and shipped broken comments.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 118 (8,993 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10109 posts

Jan 22, 2012

APOCALYPES-2003 wrote:

Are you serious!!! How can you get excited about another terrible developer who not only didn't listen to its community but ruined socom with the influx of features no one wanted? For now I will leave out the pure buggy broken and shipped broken comments.

Maybe because not everyone is a troll who hates everything.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 118 (8,993 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3228 posts

Jan 22, 2012

You guys really want a "Confrontation 2" LOL, how about them just making a remake or remastering an original? Socom Confrontation 2 is kinda ridiculous no? First of all it has no single player and the first one, well, was kinda not welcomed as a beloved game, yea it sold a million, but it was off the name alone and not to mention it came with a pretty expensive microphone cough* cough* (buy this game and get a mic! all in one sweet package!) so to sum it up it was bought because of the name "SOCOM" and if joe shmoe went to go buy a mic, which was around $50, why not just buy that "SOCOM" game that came with a mic! for $60!!

Twitter: @SOCOMPre
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 118 (8,993 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
578 posts

Jan 22, 2012

I UPDATE the topic for more information, looks the game is for online play...

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 118 (8,993 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
578 posts

Jan 22, 2012

b_4721 wrote:

APOCALYPES-2003 wrote:

Maybe because not everyone is a troll who hates everything.

owned...SHM,  this guy consistently in every single topic bashing the socom confrontation and Slant six. 

So relax and enjoy the game, people...-__-

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 118 (8,993 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10109 posts

Jan 22, 2012

xPREDICTIONx wrote:

You guys really want a "Confrontation 2" LOL, how about them just making a remake or remastering an original? Socom Confrontation 2 is kinda ridiculous no? First of all it has no single player and the first one, well, was kinda not welcomed as a beloved game, yea it sold a million, but it was off the name alone and not to mention it came with a pretty expensive microphone cough* cough* (buy this game and get a mic! all in one sweet package!) so to sum it up it was bought because of the name "SOCOM" and if joe shmoe went to go buy a mic, which was around $50, why not just buy that "SOCOM" game that came with a mic! for $60!!

IGN Interview with Method Man: A few minutes later the map changed to "Rust" and suddenly Method Man's SOCOM experience began to show through. In the tight corridors and blind turns, his tactical sense shined, lining up shots around corners with patience. "You can't just run around like that in SOCOM," he told his victims. "You run around like that in SOCOM you get popped." http://music.ign.com/articles/108/1088485p1.html

I suppose it's the name and mic that keep so many playing today too?

$50 for a bluetooth headset is not expensive by the way.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 118 (8,993 Views)
0 Likes