Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 02 2012
By: Tempest_Fire PlayStation Community Manager 4703 posts

[INFO] Tournament Issues

[ Edited ]
16 replies 1218 views Edited Oct 2, 2012

Hey guys,

I just got word that the tech guys are performed a server migration recently and have encountered an issue. Due to the server migration we are having problems creating SOCOM Confrontation tournaments, we are working to fix the issue and apologize for the inconvenience. 

When I hear more from the team, I'll come back and update this thread. Feel free to post here about this issue, but I don't have any more information about the migration at this time.

Tempest_Fire | @strebeck
PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Message 1 of 17 (1,218 Views)
Gaming Beast
2200 posts

Re: [INFO] Tournament Issues

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2012

We haven't had Tournaments or clan battles for quite sometime, some of us have had our weapons stats reset? My rating hasn't moved in a month, if someone is actually doing something with this game we have all kinds of issues to address. These issues would need to be addressed before tournaments are even relevant again. No one wants to play a tournament with jailbroken players flying around and freezing rooms. First and foremost take care of the room freezers that are killing this game slowly everyday then maybe try and do something with full blown cheaters. Then maybe we can play competitive again instead of playing our own clan members whom we trust.

Message 2 of 17 (1,196 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7605 posts

Oct 4, 2012
I second all that FROST_420 said.

I am honestly SHOCKED by your post, Tempest_Fire. I had no idea anyone with access to and power to make any changes to the back end of this game even cared anymore.

If you can keep an open dialogue with us, it would be MUCH appreciated. Us loyal supporters who have payed money for this product would like for the product to be repaired (get rid of cheaters) to the point that it is in proper working order again.
Message 3 of 17 (1,162 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5556 posts

Oct 4, 2012
Message 4 of 17 (1,156 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7605 posts

Oct 4, 2012

LUKENBACHER wrote:

Very interesting...

http://therealsocom.com/2012/10/03/confrontation-server-migration/

check your PMs, LUKENBACHER.

Message 5 of 17 (1,134 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2503 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Tempest_Fire wrote:

Hey guys,

I just got word that the tech guys are performed a server migration recently and have encountered an issue. Due to the server migration we are having problems creating SOCOM Confrontation tournaments, we are working to fix the issue and apologize for the inconvenience. 

When I hear more from the team, I'll come back and update this thread. Feel free to post here about this issue, but I don't have any more information about the migration at this time.

We need you to fix the people using jailbroken PS3's.   They have been running rampant on Confrontation for over a year now and we (the SOCOM community) have made many attempts to bring it to Sony's attention, only to be given the run around.

If you some how manage to rid SOCOM:Confrontation of cheaters it would go along way to restore my faith in Sony and would make you my personal hero.:smileyvery-happy:

Message 6 of 17 (1,083 Views)
Sackboy
636 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Interesting info... Odd & didn't see this coming at all... Odd to say the least
Photobucket
Message 7 of 17 (992 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Ya. There is a whole bunch of servers missing also.

As I understand it if 2 sc demos are full the server is supposed to create a new sc room this also is not working.

Are there any new maps or patches in the works?

Message 8 of 17 (951 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2200 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

Toe_Tag_ wrote:

Ya. There is a whole bunch of servers missing also.

As I understand it if 2 sc demos are full the server is supposed to create a new sc room this also is not working.

Are there any new maps or patches in the works?

Servers aren't missing, when they do maintenance/reset servers you see less lobbies but numbers bring them back. If we filled all 4 west lobbies right now with 256 peeps in each a fifth will appear and then we would have a WEST 4.

Message 9 of 17 (947 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10109 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

Toe_Tag_ wrote:

That's news to me. It would be pretty much pointless with such a low limit per channel which as pointed out above opens a new one when full.

I'm not sure why we still have channels still though since no one actually bothers to play by region.

Message 10 of 17 (933 Views)
0 Likes