Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 20 2012
By: Toe_Tag_ Uncharted Territory 1460 posts

Host Of Rooms

3 replies 237 views Edited Sep 20, 2012

I had a long conversation with Slant Six about who is host of the rooms.I will post there final answer because the conversation is long.I hope this helps put to rest how host work in the games.

Slant Six GamesHey Dave, that does help. Effectively it does work in the way you describe. The first person in the room will start off being the host of the game. Therefore, the person with the best connection should create the game. However, if that person has any connectivity issues or appears to be cheating, the host will migrate to another machine. At that point, there is no way to tell which machine is the new host. Hope that explains it?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16259 posts

Re: Host Of Rooms

Sep 21, 2012

haha, if the host appears to be cheating it migrates... yeah i belive that. if the game knows whos cheating, why are there cheaters online?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2200 posts

Sep 21, 2012

harley7 wrote:

haha, if the host appears to be cheating it migrates... yeah i belive that. if the game knows whos cheating, why are there cheaters online?

The short answer because criminals have more rights than victims. Slant 6 had a mechanism to weed out people with horrible/sketchy connections but the people with horrible/sketchy connections complained and got it removed. When he says "appears to be cheating", he means that their connection is sketchy not that they are running god mode. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10109 posts

Sep 22, 2012
So basically how we always assumed it worked? As for the lag detection what should of been implemented was a boot based on the rooms average as well as a meter for the room's ping visible from the lobby, that way if your connection was poorer than most you would know to stay away from low ping rooms because you would likely get kicked with your high ping but other rooms you might fall on the inside of the kick line.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (208 Views)
0 Likes