Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 03 2009
By: izelkay Uncharted Territory 1433 posts

Wow I was wrong about this game

31 replies 352 views Edited May 3, 2009
When I got this game last year and I first played it, I immediatly put it down and was immensly dissapointed because I thought it would be like SOCOM FTB 1 & 2, but then I come to these forums (a year later xD) and see a lot of  posts bashing Tactical Strike, but I see alot of posts defending it too. So after seeing you guys defend it, I finnaly decide to give Tactical Strike another try, and I love it! I usually hate cursor games because I like controlling my charcter manually, but I'm enjoying Tactical Strike. :smileyvery-happy:
Photobucket
My music > Your music
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 32 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Re: Wow I was wrong about this game

May 3, 2009

izelkay wrote:
When I got this game last year and I first played it, I immediatly put it down and was immensly dissapointed because I thought it would be like SOCOM FTB 1 & 2, but then I come to these forums (a year later xD) and see a lot of  posts bashing Tactical Strike, but I see alot of posts defending it too. So after seeing you guys defend it, I finnaly decide to give Tactical Strike another try, and I love it! I usually hate cursor games because I like controlling my charcter manually, but I'm enjoying Tactical Strike. :smileyvery-happy:

Thats great to know izel!!! Good for you! Its so awesome when a player decides to actually try a game. I enjoy it because its different. Oh yeah, just remember that they have FTB 3 coming out. 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 32 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
810 posts

May 3, 2009

izelkay wrote:

See? Don't knock it till ya try it. Truth be told, first time I played it I hated it, but it grew on me. So fun coordinating different strikes.
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 32 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

May 4, 2009
I can only agree with that statement.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 32 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1930 posts

May 7, 2009

Nice to see someone gave this game a second chance

Welcome to Sacramento Carl Landry
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 32 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1433 posts

May 7, 2009

I just beat it 100% (Campaign and Instant Action) and it took me exactly 14 hours, 52 minutes, and 43 seconds. But man that was the second hardest PSP game I've ever played. The hardest was Field Commander.

Instant Action was the most challenging part of the game to me because of how you had to maintain stealth or the mission was a bust.

Photobucket
My music > Your music
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 32 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
810 posts

May 12, 2009

izelkay wrote:

I just beat it 100% (Campaign and Instant Action) and it took me exactly 14 hours, 52 minutes, and 43 seconds. But man that was the second hardest PSP game I've ever played. The hardest was Field Commander.

Instant Action was the most challenging part of the game to me because of how you had to maintain stealth or the mission was a bust.

Yea, the maintain stealth missions got really tough. You had to plan it perfectly. But flawless planning and execution only make the game more fun. The fire fight missions got fun. Post your 4 SEALs in individual areas and put field of fire on. Creating chokepoints the enemy couldn't escape if positions their fields correctly.

I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 32 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1930 posts

May 13, 2009
i had no idea that those were there until like the beginning of this year lol. I always thought that they were just like mission redeployments.
Welcome to Sacramento Carl Landry
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 32 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1433 posts

May 14, 2009

Silent_Wyvern wrote:

izelkay wrote:

Yea, the maintain stealth missions got really tough. You had to plan it perfectly. But flawless planning and execution only make the game more fun. The fire fight missions got fun. Post your 4 SEALs in individual areas and put field of fire on. Creating chokepoints the enemy couldn't escape if positions their fields correctly.

lol Thats exactly what I did, except I just seperated the 2 Fireteams instead of all four SEALs.
Photobucket
My music > Your music
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 32 (352 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

May 15, 2009

hmm....i and my clan are waiting for you...silent....RG2 IS WAITIN FOR U IN FTB2.....C U SOON

TWO STEPS FORWARD NO STEPS BACK
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 32 (352 Views)
0 Likes