Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 22 2009
By: cetom Gaming Beast 2243 posts

Advanced combat techniques

3 replies 768 views Edited Aug 22, 2009

<Advanced Combat Techniques for Socom U.S Navy SEALs: Tactical Strike>

I haven't been playing my psp much for the last few months, mainly because i'm getting tired of my game collection and that new games are overpriced in my opinion. However, that doesn't stop me from making this short guide which includes solutions to some of the problems people are encountering as well as tactics that i personally use. Trust me when i say that i know my stuff on this because i've beat all 27 missions with A ratings in the highest difficulty a long time ago and i could do it anytime of the day now. 

<Run n' Gun>
To have your seals run and gun at the same time, simply tell them to move to a location and then placing a field of fire command on the enemy. This is not a recommended method that one should play TS unless they are really good with spamming medkits.

<Manual-Force Hold Fire>
Some reviewers of TS criticized it for not being able to tell your seals to hold fire when being fired on. That is somewhat true as your squad will automatically return fire if they are taking casualities from enemy fire. To counter this, press the TRIANGLE button rapidly when your seals are returning fire. Keeping button mashing this key and they will always stand down regardless of how dire the situation may seem. 

<Corner Peeking>
Same theory of using the triangle button to manually control your seals but with a little twist. This time after your seal is holding fire, press the X button to attack the enemy at appropriate times such as when they are reloading or close to ducking behind cover. When they return fire, force your seal to stand down again with the TRIANGLE key. By repeating this method you could wipe out 5 soldiers with just 1 of your own in mere minutes if all timed correctly. 

<Alternating Fire>
Using an in-game example, place Able behind cover and tell them to engage the enemy. Then, station Bravo behind cover to another spot that can engage the target. You can now issue Bravo to attack because they aren't being fired upon and have the golden opportunity to score some hits. Doing this will either kill your opponent if they are close or force them to return fire to Bravo's position. If they do return fire, tell Bravo to stand down and issue Able to attack. Rinse and repeat until all enemies are decimated. This method also works with individual seals so you can basically have 4 combat units alternating fire and flanking to your desires. 

That's about all i can share for now. I hope this is enough to help those in need or seeking better tactics because i know when i first started playing that some questions weren't answered for me in the tutorial nor the manual. 

Message Edited by cetom on 08-09-2009 09:24 PM
Message Edited by cetom on 08-22-2009 04:07 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (768 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2820 posts

Re: Advanced combat techniques

Aug 14, 2009
Hmm, this will be useful I guess.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (768 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Aug 14, 2009
Message 2 of 4 (768 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2243 posts

Aug 22, 2009
Glad at least someone appreciates my work. Anways, i've thought about including other tactics in there but they seemed too simple or cumbersome. Like the one where you basically spam medkits. That requires little skill besides being fast on your fingers and whatnot. 

I'm also finishing up my 9th campaign now. Will do another one with the US SEALs and put all my effort into getting the highest score possible on all missions. When that's done i'll also upload it since i don't see any existing ones on the net.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (768 Views)
0 Likes