Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 09 2011
By: rjenningsjr First Son 3 posts

Hacking is over the top!

25 replies 157 views Edited Feb 9, 2011

Come on people!

When is SOCOM going to do something about all of the people hacking this game. I had my system frozen and hard booted 6 times in one hour yesterday.

The game saves are being used more and more so its almost impossible to have a fair game and when you finally kill the guy with the mm1, or shooting through walls or body armor or.........ect........ he freezes the game.......

Can someone develop a way to kick someone out of a game before they can do this or an override to game saves? It seems that maybe the solution to the game saves and hackers is to create a new game save to override what they are using........

Message 1 of 26 (157 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Hacking is over the top!

Feb 9, 2011

OR.......... maybe the answer is to ban the hackers. I know someone can simply make a new screen name, but if they have put so much work into ranking up and and lose it all because they hacked, I think it would stop a lot of it.

Message 2 of 26 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2725 posts

Feb 9, 2011

rjenningsjr wrote:

OR.......... maybe the answer is to ban the hackers. I know someone can simply make a new screen name, but if they have put so much work into ranking up and and lose it all because they hacked, I think it would stop a lot of it.

http://us.playstation.com/ngp/?CMP=NGPGOOGSEM Do you really think that fixing a broken game will on the top of Sony`s to-do list with a masterpiece like this in the works?

Message 3 of 26 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
305 posts

Feb 9, 2011

rjenningsjr wrote:

Come on people!

When is SOCOM going to do something about all of the people hacking this game. I had my system frozen and hard booted 6 times in one hour yesterday.

The game saves are being used more and more so its almost impossible to have a fair game and when you finally kill the guy with the mm1, or shooting through walls or body armor or.........ect........ he freezes the game.......

Can someone develop a way to kick someone out of a game before they can do this or an override to game saves? It seems that maybe the solution to the game saves and hackers is to create a new game save to override what they are using........

How about you dnt play FTB3 anymore if you cnnt stand the cheating play something else ps3 maybe

Message 4 of 26 (157 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Feb 21, 2011

i totally agree

i have at least 500 deaths and losses and disconnects due to those #########

Message 5 of 26 (157 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Feb 21, 2011

i have stayed a bullet sponge FOREVER Due to those wimps who use gamesaves

Message 6 of 26 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Mar 2, 2011

SLuRpYx wrote:

How about you dnt play FTB3 anymore if you cnnt stand the cheating play something else ps3 maybe

Ha who gave this kid a computer and let him run rampant on the Internet seriously he's probably never paid for a video game in his life

Message 7 of 26 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11799 posts

Mar 6, 2011

I think they are done supporting FTB3. /6 has moved on to their new project. They just used FTB3 to test the online entitlement if it will help reduce the amount of hackers.

Message 8 of 26 (157 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Mar 6, 2011
While game saves themselves do not constitute to hacking itself, they are also a part of the hacking frenzy.

Most people you see that hack have PSP models 1000 and 2000 and have custom firmware. Some have 3000s too but never upgraded to OFW 6.37. and run games in form of ISOs(Since CFW let's you bypass system update too)

I;m not a hacker, but I got myself a game save that I don't care and don't think twice to use when things get "Errrr".

So yeah, game saves are mainly used for glitches and the real hacking (Vertical clipping, wall hacks etc) is all behind the CFW use.
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/206268_139103769494318_139103296161032_258844_1002246_n.jpg
Message 9 of 26 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2820 posts

Mar 6, 2011

CHX101 wrote:
While game saves themselves do not constitute to hacking itself, they are also a part of the hacking frenzy.

Yes they do. Hacking is the commonly misused word for cheating, which in itself is obtained through the means of hacking. As with modified game saves, the people who use them are using a hacked game save for the means of unfair gameplay, or cheating.

Most people you see that hack have PSP models 1000 and 2000 and have custom firmware. Some have 3000s too but never upgraded to OFW 6.37. and run games in form of ISOs(Since CFW let's you bypass system update too)

I'm not sure if the OP's even concerned about pirates.

I;m not a hacker, but I got myself a game save that I don't care and don't think twice to use when things get "Errrr".

You're not a hacker, but you're definitely a cheater. Don't try to rationalize it, because it always looks pathetic when it's in writing and can be read multiple times in the attempt to comprend its point.

So yeah, game saves are mainly used for glitches and the real hacking (Vertical clipping, wall hacks etc) is all behind the CFW use.

Modified game saves aren't glitched, they're hacked. Given that they're more widespread and easier to use, I'd say game saves and people who use them are a bigger problem than the "real hacks". In fact the OP is particularly frustrated with game save cheaters rather than those with hacked PSPs and hex cheats.

tl;dr, CHX101, stop cheating.

Message 10 of 26 (157 Views)
0 Likes