Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1676 posts

Re: Decommission of SOCOM servers

Jul 23, 2012

TahRealOwnal0t wrote:

Whats up guys.  this is Ms1040/Sir Ownal0t from back in the day. hoping there people still here that reconize me

I heard about this from a friend in my clan but i didnt think they were being serious.But now that i see it for my self wow.

This is some real Stupidness.

So sony got rid of zipper. because of that now the servers have to go ?

as people said already so many people have grown up on socom. hell i first played the psp version back in my freshmen year of HS (2005) with FTB1 and instantly fell in love with the series. from there i brought  FTB2/3 and even a  ps2 to play Socom 1,2 and 3/CA.

this is going to be a REALLY BIG pill to swallow.

i really hope that who buys FTB3 in the next couple of weeks gets to enjoy online for free  cause charing for an online pass at this point is just mind boggling. 

i can only hope that in the future whether its on the vita or PS4. They release a Socom Collection with online.  

Good night. Sweet Prince : (

I been playing SOCOM since 8/27/02. I was only 7 years old the first day i play SOCOM. I play SOCOM almost everyday since 8/27/02 and i still playing the game almost everyday. I actually been playing SOCOM for more than half my life. Think i done playing games after 8/31/12. SOCOM the only reason i became a hardcore gamer. 

Message 11 of 22 (468 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7836 posts

Jul 29, 2012
Hi, sir ownalot. I think I knew you. Weren't we in a clan together for a little? I might be confusing you with someone.

Survivor of an earthquake, hurricane, and multiple tornadoes in one week. g@m
Halladay, Lee, Hamels, Utley, Pence, Price, Longo, Briere, Jags

Message 12 of 22 (455 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
630 posts

Aug 5, 2012

The closing of the PS2 socoms makes me sad. But the PSP ones not so much. As much as I loved FTB2, it was littered with hackers and the way the new age games are going the PSP was losing touch to a lot of older gamers. I my self not being really old (24) have ahard time focusing on that little screen, and I know I'm not the only one. PS2 socom's will just last longer and hopefully we see it in HD. But for PSP those gamers that played have moved on, it was designed for younger audience and now that audience has got older. 

Been good times, one hell of a run. 

Message 13 of 22 (443 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Aug 7, 2012
Wow Why shut it down, i use to play ftb1, now its gone
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/lazerwave217.png
Message 14 of 22 (438 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 8, 2012

this saddens me bieng a legend in my time rip fTBVeNoM

Message 15 of 22 (430 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 22, 2012

Yea. me you KDawg and Jay  used to play with each other or vs each other in random servers lol.  i was never in a clan with you guys tho. cause i was in WrS at the time i met you guys.

Message 16 of 22 (414 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 29, 2012

ive been playin socom since 2005 and i got addicted to it played both ftb1 and 2  still play them now.

there like 200 kids on everyday. there is no reason to shut down the servers if kids r still buying the game to play it,i had to re buy the game cause my disc was burnt out. i have ps3 but i wont be buying socom 4 cause i got better things i can get. DONT WASTE UR MONEY ON SOCOM 4 its a remake of other ps3 games that r old 2.

Message 17 of 22 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1676 posts

Aug 30, 2012

MadGunPro wrote:

ive been playin socom since 2005 and i got addicted to it played both ftb1 and 2  still play them now.

there like 200 kids on everyday. there is no reason to shut down the servers if kids r still buying the game to play it,i had to re buy the game cause my disc was burnt out. i have ps3 but i wont be buying socom 4 cause i got better things i can get. DONT WASTE UR MONEY ON SOCOM 4 its a remake of other ps3 games that r old 2.

Lot people porbably just getting a user copy from Gamestop, but i sure is people that buy the game off the Playstation Store. Only SOCOM game that not active anymore is socom tactical strike. All the other SOCOM games still got people playing. Lot of ps2 SOCOM players are not kids, but think you talking about the psp. Anyway yes SOCOM 4  blows. SOCOM 4 is the biggest rip up game. It play nothing like SOCOM. I actaully think the beta play better than the full game.

Message 18 of 22 (400 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 24, 2012

iM SURE GLAD I BOUGHT A XBOX INSTEAD OF A PS3 BECAUSE SEEING HOW SONY TREATS PSP OWNERS AND HOW THEY SPEND THERE HARD EARNED MONEY. I THINK IF SONY KEEPS GOING DOWN THE ROAD OF ONLY CARING ABOUT WHAT CAN MAKE THEM MONEY RIGHT NOW AND ONLY THIS MONTHS GAMES SHOULD ONLY MATTER CAUSE THEY JUST GOT DONE MAKEING THEM A MILL THEN I HOPE SONY GETS WHAT IT DESERVES AND GETS KNOCKED OFF THE SHELFS BY XBOX A SYSTEM THAT JUST WORKS.

Message 19 of 22 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7836 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

TahRealOwnal0t wrote:

Yea. me you KDawg and Jay  used to play with each other or vs each other in random servers lol.  i was never in a clan with you guys tho. cause i was in WrS at the time i met you guys.

ah, sucks that the game is shut down. so many great memories. part of my childhood is dying haha

did you have any other names? I'm having a hard time remembering you.

Survivor of an earthquake, hurricane, and multiple tornadoes in one week. g@m
Halladay, Lee, Hamels, Utley, Pence, Price, Longo, Briere, Jags

Message 20 of 22 (339 Views)
0 Likes