Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 01 2011
By: KaeYMART Monster Hunter 43 posts

ATTENTION: All socom players please read

2 replies 351 views Edited Sep 1, 2011

As far back as Socom 1, we as socom players have always enjoyed this incredible series because of the skill, strategy, teamwork, and communicaiton that each and every clan/player needed to posses to be amazing. We have gone from highlight clans that are known throughout the entire world to barely even a following of the game. And why is that? Because, zipper as well as every video game company have every yearr been pushing for more recreational games so that peoples indivdual skill will not show, randomness in a game soe that recreational players can fill in the skill gap between a decent player and a great player, etc.

I think I speak for the majority of the community when I say that the last skillful socom was Combined Assualt and after that the socom name got ran through the mud by a poorly made Confrontation and an even worse made Socom 4. What has always set socom apart from games like halo, CoD, Crysis and all those other games was that everything in our game was skillful. It took skill to win a gun battle, it took skill to not have a sprint, it took skill to not have a knife, it took skill to never have radars, it took skill to not have respawn but have your one life a round and use it wisely, it took skill to have no auto aim, and it took skill to have better positioning, callouts, teamwork, and awareness over your oppopsition.

I for one loved the socom saga and it will always bring brack great memories of clan wars, tournaments, gamebattles, leagues, rivalries, etc. that will never be matched in a video game again. For those of you that dont know this is how video game companies thought process is going. Majority of players who play games are recreational players, meaning they "SAY" they dont care if they win or lose.Because of that companies make games easier for people to pick up on and make it easier for people to get kills and be good, rather then them having to work at it and become a great acknowledged player. Thats why for instance socom 4 is nothing more then a 3rd person version of CoD because everybody enjoys call of duty since it is a easy game to pick up and be good at.

We have totally shattered the whole existence of "whoever is better should win". Now its more of a toss up with broken mechanics and no skill in getting kills.

I say lets make a statement socom community, lets all rally our clans from 5 yrs ago, friends you havent talked to in forever, hit AIM, MSN, Facebook, Twitter, and anything we can to get the biggest transfer to another game we can. Lets all go back home to the motherland we call Socom CA.

Us playing Socom Combined Assualt has so many benefits. 1. PS2 cost like $10 now 2. Internet connections have been vastly improved over the past 5yrs so lag will be eliminated 3. Logitech headsets are cheaper now 4. Online is still free 5. Clan system works perfectly, along with the mechanics of the game.

I for one want to get the word out and see if we can pull this off cause this would truly make a statement to zipper in saying "no more terrible games, no more not listening to your community, time to go back to what made zipper great and that is a game that fully works and fully promotes skill and teamwork and that game ladies and gentleman is.....The Real Socom.

-Thank You for your time.

Message 1 of 3 (351 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Re: ATTENTION: All socom players please read

Jul 10, 2012

We need a Confrontation 2 if you would like to see socom beck to it was than Slant 

Six Games is all we have Zipper is the reason we have no socom Congrontation is the only true socom since socom 2.

Message 2 of 3 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1676 posts

Re: ATTENTION: All socom players please read

Jul 12, 2012

LastSnowFall12 wrote:

We need a Confrontation 2 if you would like to see socom beck to it was than Slant 

Six Games is all we have Zipper is the reason we have no socom Congrontation is the only true socom since socom 2.

This is just funny. What are you talking about you call SOCOM Confrontation a ture SOCOM, but you don't count SOCOM3/SOCOM CA as a ture SOCOM. You SOCOM 2 fan boys must be high on something. I been playing since 8/27/02 and i count all PS2 SOCOM games as a ture SOCOM game. I don't count SOCOM Conftontation and SOCOM 4 as a SOCOM game. 

Message 3 of 3 (345 Views)
0 Likes