Highlighted
Sep 26 2012
By: Brettt1 First Son 10 posts

Socom 4 patch 1.05 will download but not install.

5 replies 2059 views Edited Sep 26, 2012

Hello,

I am new to the forms and I am having trouble installing the Socom 4 1.05 patch.  The 4 files download fine and when I try to install them I get a error saying patch is not compatible with this version of the game please try again.  I tried what people suggest by  pressing o and then install the game data. Then when game installs click download of the main game screen then and sign in psn.  This does not work at all for me I can still download the files fine but they will not install.  Is anyone having trouble getting this game to install? Can someone please help?

Thank You

Message 1 of 6 (2,059 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16264 posts

Re: Socom 4 patch 1.05 will download but not install.

Sep 28, 2012

how much room do you have on your ps3 hard drive?

Message 2 of 6 (2,045 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Sep 28, 2012

I have over 80gb left on my Hard Drive.  Could it be because of the ps firmware update that is causing this problem? My ps has the latest firmware installed

Message 3 of 6 (2,043 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16264 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2012

i doubt its the firmware, are you doing it wireless?

have you plaqyed the game before this? if not delete your socom game data and your socom game save data, then disconnect your ethernet cable or wireless, lauch the game and let it install and quit the game. then reconnect to the psn and start the game and it will download the patches.

Message 4 of 6 (2,036 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Sep 28, 2012

Yes I played the game before.   I got it on launch day then sold it a while back everything worked fine at that time.  Now I bought it again and online play will not work.  I can get the campaign to work  though. Anyways when the game downloads the patches they will not install.  I get a error saying game patch is not compatible with version of game.  It could be I got this game from game fly for $4.80 and it does have a scratch on the disc.  I rented the game and I am going to swap the disks to see if that solves it.  I doubt it though. 

Message 5 of 6 (2,032 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16264 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Brettt1 wrote:

Yes I played the game before.   I got it on launch day then sold it a while back everything worked fine at that time.  Now I bought it again and online play will not work.  I can get the campaign to work  though. Anyways when the game downloads the patches they will not install.  I get a error saying game patch is not compatible with version of game.  It could be I got this game from game fly for $4.80 and it does have a scratch on the disc.  I rented the game and I am going to swap the disks to see if that solves it.  I doubt it though. 

do as i posted before, but make a backup of of your s4 gamesave file, then delete the game data and the game save data.

Message 6 of 6 (2,028 Views)
0 Likes