Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
75 posts

Re: "SOCOM: Legacy" the end all be all off SOCOM games

Apr 24, 2011
pay 80 one time? what if we paid 10 bucks monthly and the game was always supported. we got everything you named and by the time we got tired of all the classic maps they would have had a year or two to create new maps
su-prem-a-cy
-noun
1. the quality or state of being supreme.
2. supreme authority or power.
Message 10 of 183 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2524 posts

Apr 24, 2011

Honestly i'd rather just have it be online only and with the character skins+customizable character models(ala Confrontation).

Message 11 of 183 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2051 posts

Apr 24, 2011

Down on the D-pad is reserved for getting out of scopes.

Message 12 of 183 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2051 posts

Apr 24, 2011

drpacifist wrote:

OH yeah, please make a note that the game should absolutely not be Move compatible.

Sony wouldn't bother with it if it's not Move compatible probably, and I don't think Zipper would have the cash on hand to do it themselves.

Message 13 of 183 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2524 posts

Apr 24, 2011

Spkr4TheDead wrote:

drpacifist wrote:

OH yeah, please make a note that the game should absolutely not be Move compatible.

Sony wouldn't bother with it if it's not Move compatible probably, and I don't think Zipper would have the cash on hand to do it themselves.

Sorry but Socom is one of those franchises that should not be Move friendly. If you can't play with the DS 3 or DS 4(If a game like this were to come out for Playstation 4) then you don't need to be playing Socom.

Message 14 of 183 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Apr 24, 2011

drpacifist wrote:

Uhhh, that's a negatory there Cap'n.  The move is the closest thing to the accuracy of a mouse a keyboard setup and is a nice addition to the franchise.  Please leave that alone and move on to something else....Nothing to see here people.

Photobucket
Message 15 of 183 (339 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2051 posts

Apr 24, 2011

murphdawg1 wrote:

Spkr4TheDead wrote:

drpacifist wrote:

Sorry but Socom is one of those franchises that should not be Move friendly. If you can't play with the DS 3 or DS 4(If a game like this were to come out for Playstation 4) then you don't need to be playing Socom.

Believe me, I'd much, much rather use a regular DS3. But Sony wants it to sell, and they think that making a shooter compatible with their version of a Wiimote will help it sell.

But the only thing they're doing with their version of a Wiimote (I just don't want to call it the Move) is trying to cater to a fanbase that Nintendo can't get with a more in-depth shooter, and something adults can play without so many kids on a shooter, a la Call of Duty.

If I were to consult for Zipper, they'd get an earful all day.

"Guys, run a sim with the SEALs." "Wha -a aaaaaaaa?" "You want to make a good, accurate-to-life game, gotta run through the paces. I need to talk about sound. Have fun kiddies."

On that note, a pet peeve: If they want to professionally record sound, that's fine. They just should never, ever polish and master the sounds. They're making a game to portray war, and it should sound that way. If a flashbang goes off next to me, I don't want the effects to subside after a few seconds, I want my character to be blind and deaf for a few minutes.

Message 16 of 183 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Apr 24, 2011
Why would we want a SP mode? Just make the game MP and make it SOCOM and call it a day. Old school S1-S2 maps. A few of the small maps from S3 (Harvester, citadel, killing field, fault..... you know the good small maps) Maybe 2 or 3 from Confrontation (Urban Wasteland, Kasbah, Fallen) That puts us at about the 30 map point and its becomes a ridiculous game at this point. Make the HUD and movement straight from S2... And I'm done
Its a Solid Shooter, its just a poor Socom, if that makes any sense....
Message 17 of 183 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
845 posts

Apr 24, 2011

XxAbelityxX wrote:
Why would we want a SP mode? Just make the game MP and make it SOCOM and call it a day. Old school S1-S2 maps. A few of the small maps from S3 (Harvester, citadel, killing field, fault..... you know the good small maps) Maybe 2 or 3 from Confrontation (Urban Wasteland, Kasbah, Fallen) That puts us at about the 30 map point and its becomes a ridiculous game at this point. Make the HUD and movement straight from S2... And I'm done

I enjoyed Combined Assaults Co-op mode! I see no reason not to have it. As long as it goes back to its roots of stealth and cover, rather than run-and-gun...

My Playstation Collection consists of:
152 PS3 games - 564 PS2 games - 72 PS1 games - 202 PSP games - 11 PS Vita games

Over 1,100 games total :smileyhappy:
Message 18 of 183 (339 Views)
Lombax Warrior
280 posts

Apr 24, 2011

I'd buy it.

aaaaand, the Move is for kids. My balls don't glow. They clank when I walk.

Message 19 of 183 (339 Views)