5501 posts

Re: Why SOCOM?

Sep 9, 2011

Big_Fred18 wrote:

Sushi_Pirate wrote:

Big_Fred18 wrote:

DEADEYEZ wrote:

Sushi_Pirate wrote:

Thanks for the constructive feedback so far everyone, it's appreciated.  Keep'em coming. 

-SP

So whats going to come out of this thread? Are you going to pass this on to zipper or sony? Or is this just more writing on the walls of the forum to be ignored.

PSN:PRE_-CISION-_Thanks for killing SOCOM zipper

I am wondering the same thing.  Is this going to be for the next Socom,Remake of an old, or for a new game that we don't know? 

I'll be sending it over to Zipper along with a report on the community as well as up the food chain on my end.  I've already chatted about it with my manager and a few of my co-workers and shown them the community responses in both this thread and the one Luk (I'm also sending his) created.

One of the worst things that can happen from our point of view is for a fanatic/evangelist of a game to become disenfranchised, and if we can learn from that and get to the core of the issue, and what were the core items/things which caused it, then at very least progress can be made and a lesson learned.

-SP

May i ask when will you be sending all of this along or have you already?   and if it is possible please share the feelings of those you gave this to.  I am curious what they think if anything.

also thanks to the person who found Revs thread .  I couldn't get the search feature to work to find it.

I want to know this to, sushi pirate what came out of it?

PSN:PRE_-CISION-_

Message 101 of 226 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2200 posts

Sep 9, 2011

And you would be talking out your @ss just like him. All the remastered maps have had the perspective altered, this is how your character can get from one point to another in the same time it took in the older SOCOMs. The coldfront dlc brought back faster paced gameplay and is why most on Con. with the dlc prefer playing coldfront.

Message 102 of 226 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17388 posts

Sep 9, 2011

Big_Fred18 wrote:

also thanks to the person who found Revs thread .  I couldn't get the search feature to work to find it.

The how to;

I've found r_e_v's profile by using the top right seach bar  : http://community.us.playstation.com/people/r_e_v.

Then, if you scroll down, on the right you'll see; "r_e_v's Most Liked Content"

The first thread with 1676 likers was standing there.... "  Socom 4 a competitive player's view  "

GTA V FTW !

PSN : Stackcluster
Born young, not dead yet !
Message 103 of 226 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
518 posts

Sep 9, 2011

http://www.krankyscartoons.com/images/No_News.jpg

I really hope they hear Sushi out.

I don't know who's worse, Zipper/Sony or the blind/misguided fanbags they have spawned. See what I did there? hahaha I kill me! lol

Message 104 of 226 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1803 posts

Sep 9, 2011

I think this silence means that we basically haven't anything yet. I also think this could be a foresight that suggests it'll remain this way.

Sushi was online and came into this section, but it seems nothing came of that visit, except the Saturdays ad. It's possible that whoever he sent that list to hasn't bothered to reply yet, or they're discarding it.

As we know by now, nothing seems to be the norm when it concerns future Socom and the fanbase. Shame, I'm starting to feel a little bitter today.

Vadimony Trophy Card
Message 105 of 226 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
518 posts

Sep 9, 2011

RILL-KILL wrote:

Vadimony wrote:

I think this silence means that we basically haven't anything yet. I also think this could be a foresight that suggests it'll remain this way.

Sushi was online and came into this section, but it seems nothing came of that visit, except the Saturdays ad. It's possible that whoever he sent that list to hasn't bothered to reply yet, or they're discarding it.

As we know by now, nothing seems to be the norm when it concerns future Socom and the fanbase. Shame, I'm starting to feel a little bitter today.

I agree and hate to say it, but I am thinking Sushi was called into the principles office for a little refresher on corporate behavior along with a snow job similar stating something to the tune of "Zipper ISfocusing on business related priorities, and Susi has stepped beyond the scope of his duties and suggest he refocus is efforts accordingly".

...would be nice think different, but past experience suggests otherwise.

My Signature: Even Boomer would have been able to get headshots in this game... :smileysad:

I can totally see it happening....

"Um, what are you doing, Sushi? Your duties are to make sure our fanboys and unhappy hardcore fans don't use profane language against eachother. Now go back to work!"

I guess time will tell...but I won't hold my breath.

I don't know who's worse, Zipper/Sony or the blind/misguided fanbags they have spawned. See what I did there? hahaha I kill me! lol

Message 106 of 226 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1655 posts

Sep 9, 2011

Vadimony wrote:

I agree and hate to say it, but I am thinking Sushi was called into the principles office for a little refresher on corporate behavior along with a snow job stating something to the tune of "Zipper IS focusing on business related priorities, and you (Susi) have stepped beyond the scope of your duties. Please refocus your efforts accordingly".

Even Boomer could get headshots in this game...

Socom Creed / The Unspoken Rules

Message 107 of 226 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4029 posts

Sep 9, 2011

RILL-KILL wrote:

Vadimony wrote:

I agree and hate to say it, but I am thinking Sushi was called into the principles office for a little refresher on corporate behavior along with a snow job stating something to the tune of "Zipper IS focusing on business related priorities, and you (Susi) have stepped beyond the scope of your duties. Please refocus your efforts accordingly".

My Signature: Even Boomer would have been able to get headshots in this game... :smileysad:

Sorry for the lack of response this week.  I'm training two new people and today is really the first day that I've been at my own desk.  Also I moved last weekend so I don't have internet at home (They are turning it on on the 15th),so outside of the office I can't be active on the forums like usual.

I compiled all of the feedback in here and a handful of other threads into a report on the health of the community a little over a week ago.  I'll be doing the same soon but focusing on SOCOM, from the transition up until now.  I'm pulling for you guys, but please be patient as it does take some time to get all of your points and opinions across. 

-SP

Message 108 of 226 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
518 posts

Sep 9, 2011

Thank you. God I hope they listen. It's the ONLY way i'll spend another cent on anything Zipper creates...along with my friends and everyone else I would "sell" Socom to....

Message 109 of 226 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

Sep 9, 2011

Thank you Sushi, This is the best news I have ever read on these forums. I guess there still is a little hope left.

Socom is Dead....
Message 110 of 226 (7 Views)
0 Likes