Reply
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 10/17/2009
Offline
1980 posts
 

Re: Why SOCOM?

Sep 2, 2011

DEADEYEZ wrote:

Sushi_Pirate wrote:

Thanks for the constructive feedback so far everyone, it's appreciated.  Keep'em coming. 

-SP

So whats going to come out of this thread? Are you going to pass this on to zipper or sony? Or is this just more writing on the walls of the forum to be ignored.

PSN:PRE_-CISION-_Thanks for killing SOCOM zipper

I am wondering the same thing.  Is this going to be for the next Socom,Remake of an old, or for a new game that we don't know? 

Instead of trolling, find something better to do. All you are doing is making a fool of yourself.

http://therealsocom.com/s1hd/votes1hd6.png

Message 51 of 226 (67 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/23/2010
Offline
374 posts
 

Re: Why SOCOM?

Sep 2, 2011

Sushi_Pirate wrote:

Hey everyone, quick question for you that I'm curious about.  Essentially, why SOCOM? 

I feel that many who post on the SOCOM forum are evangelists for the series either good or bad, with roots stretching back nearly a decade, as such I want to get to the core of what made you fall in love with the franchise in the first place, and what are the real core elements in future games that would bring you back.  From brainstorming a bit here are some of the keys I came up with:

-3rd person shooter

-Tactical

-Realistic

-Sense of Community

-Sense of Teamwork

-Roots/ties

-Gameplay (specifically what aspects)

-Fast paced nature

-Stealth

-Variable tactics and ever shifting gameplay/matches

There are many more I'm sure, but what I'd like to ask you is, what are the top three core things about SOCOM for you that made the game and franchise what it is?  Also why are they important?

Thanks in advance guys for keeping it civil and constructive. 

-SP

1: Community(Lobbies,Servers,Clan Management System, Clan Wars)

2: Gameplay(Unique game modes that require people to think, character movements, skill difference because your aim should matter but your brain should also) 

3: Level Designs(Maps are not symetrical and feel unique)

Community is important because people actually communicate and "get to know" their "friends and clan mates" even more than their family in some cases and all the SOCOM's(minus Nocom 4) had features that supported that idea.

Gameplay is what gave people that heart pounding feeling in situations that are extremely difficult(1v5 clutches, actual "skill" and no rewards for nothing.(except Nocom 4)

Level Designs some what ties into game modes because the levels were built for that specific game mode which makes you feel like it's an actual situation.

Disclaimer: This is all referenced from previous Socom games (1-Con) and none of these are present in Nocom 4 which is why I hate it.

Message 52 of 226 (67 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/23/2010
Offline
374 posts
 

Re: Why SOCOM?

Sep 2, 2011

DEADEYEZ wrote:

Sushi_Pirate wrote:

Thanks for the constructive feedback so far everyone, it's appreciated.  Keep'em coming. 

-SP

So whats going to come out of this thread? Are you going to pass this on to zipper or sony? Or is this just more writing on the walls of the forum to be ignored.

PSN:PRE_-CISION-_Thanks for killing SOCOM zipper

I was wondering this myself because everything that "is SOCOM" to me is not present in Nocom 4.

Message 53 of 226 (67 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 11/26/2007
Offline
1028 posts
 

Re: Why SOCOM?

Sep 2, 2011

WOW!! 4 pages full of all kinds of good stuff and yet not one single person mentioned taunts?

WE WANT TAUNTS!!!
WE WANT TAUNTS!!!

And custom taunts at that.

Nice posts ya'll, 99.5% of what I liked was answered, except, TAUNTS!!!

Now Sushi, see to it that the powers that be get this info, and that this is the formula for a real shooter. There is nothing else like classic socom when it comes to competition, community, and co-operation. Sure the game is hard for most, and almost every one of us took a month or so of basic training to be average or decent. The white knuckles, racing hearts, and sweaty palms, mad wives/gf's, sleepless nights, & etc, made this series special. This crap they got out now, is in no way even remotly similar to that nor does it even give the same feelings no matter how hard you try to make it do so.

Message 54 of 226 (67 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/27/2003
Offline
17392 posts
 

Re: Why SOCOM?

Sep 2, 2011

I loved a lot of standard taunts, here's 2 that my memory kept :

- "Hey granpa, I think your diaper is full."

- "I'll mail your head home in a box."

Also the fact that you could edit you own custom taunts was always priceless in a 1V1 situation

- "Look at the noob!!"

- "I'm behind you!" 

and for victory dancing purpose :

- "Who's your daddy ?"

GTA V FTW !

PSN : Stackcluster
Born young, not dead yet !
Message 55 of 226 (67 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/06/2011
Offline
4029 posts
 

Re: Why SOCOM?

Sep 2, 2011

Big_Fred18 wrote:

DEADEYEZ wrote:

Sushi_Pirate wrote:

Thanks for the constructive feedback so far everyone, it's appreciated.  Keep'em coming. 

-SP

So whats going to come out of this thread? Are you going to pass this on to zipper or sony? Or is this just more writing on the walls of the forum to be ignored.

PSN:PRE_-CISION-_Thanks for killing SOCOM zipper

I am wondering the same thing.  Is this going to be for the next Socom,Remake of an old, or for a new game that we don't know? 

I'll be sending it over to Zipper along with a report on the community as well as up the food chain on my end.  I've already chatted about it with my manager and a few of my co-workers and shown them the community responses in both this thread and the one Luk (I'm also sending his) created.

One of the worst things that can happen from our point of view is for a fanatic/evangelist of a game to become disenfranchised, and if we can learn from that and get to the core of the issue, and what were the core items/things which caused it, then at very least progress can be made and a lesson learned.

-SP


Message 56 of 226 (67 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 10/06/2005
Offline
1655 posts
 

Re: Why SOCOM?

Sep 2, 2011

Sushi_Pirate wrote:

I'll be sending it over to Zipper along with a report on the community as well as up the food chain on my end.  I've already chatted about it with my manager and a few of my co-workers and shown them the community responses in both this thread and the one Luk (I'm also sending his) created.

One of the worst things that can happen from our point of view is for a fanatic/evangelist of a game to become disenfranchised, and if we can learn from that and get to the core of the issue, and what were the core items/things which caused it, then at very least progress can be made and a lesson learned.

-SP

On behalf of the old socom community - Thank You...

Even Boomer could get headshots in this game...

Socom Creed / The Unspoken Rules

Message 57 of 226 (67 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/27/2005
Offline
5105 posts
 

Re: Why SOCOM?

Sep 2, 2011

Essentially, what Socom needs is a high learning curve (which it used to have). 

So it is difficult to sum it up in a few words but things like no aim assist, shooting mechanics that reward the skilled and trash on the weak, etc.

Think about everything that went on behind the scenes to make the game more accessible.  Now take it out and put the old back in if applicable. 

PSN: MR:GREEN_____
Message 58 of 226 (67 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 10/17/2009
Offline
1980 posts
 

Re: Why SOCOM?

Sep 2, 2011

Sushi_Pirate wrote:

Big_Fred18 wrote:

DEADEYEZ wrote:

Sushi_Pirate wrote:

Thanks for the constructive feedback so far everyone, it's appreciated.  Keep'em coming. 

-SP

So whats going to come out of this thread? Are you going to pass this on to zipper or sony? Or is this just more writing on the walls of the forum to be ignored.

PSN:PRE_-CISION-_Thanks for killing SOCOM zipper

I am wondering the same thing.  Is this going to be for the next Socom,Remake of an old, or for a new game that we don't know? 

I'll be sending it over to Zipper along with a report on the community as well as up the food chain on my end.  I've already chatted about it with my manager and a few of my co-workers and shown them the community responses in both this thread and the one Luk (I'm also sending his) created.

One of the worst things that can happen from our point of view is for a fanatic/evangelist of a game to become disenfranchised, and if we can learn from that and get to the core of the issue, and what were the core items/things which caused it, then at very least progress can be made and a lesson learned.

-SP

I appreciate you helping us all but what are the odds Sony cares or will actually listen to what we say?

but once again thanks.

Instead of trolling, find something better to do. All you are doing is making a fool of yourself.

http://therealsocom.com/s1hd/votes1hd6.png

Message 59 of 226 (67 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/02/2011
Offline
1803 posts
 

Re: Why SOCOM?

Sep 2, 2011

Sushi,

It'd be best if you just send them the idea of a S2 HD remake, with a few features done right.

There's nothing else that will let the waters bode well with this community at the moment. We don't want to wait, we don't want more years of nothing being done, and most importantly, we're on the verge of leaving indefinately when we can find something to replace Socom, even if it doesn't come close.

Nothing else will help since Zipper isn't even communicating with us in the sense that they "care" anymore.

Vadimony Trophy Card
Message 60 of 226 (67 Views)
Reply
0 Likes