Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
6 posts

Re: Zipline Podcast - Episode 30 Now Live!

Feb 15, 2011

SOCOM 4 FOR DUMMIES ......SoCOD LOL

Message 21 of 34 (229 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 15, 2011

Why are yall not bringing back convoy? That was the best missons on socom!!!

Message 22 of 34 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Feb 15, 2011

Great episode guys. I would like to ask some questions for the next episode:

1. Why E-Tags? Please remove it, it makes the game a non-socom game. I like to play with stealth. Most people don't like E-Tags. Perhaps you could put it in some Custom Games?

2. What are all the types of areas in the multiplayer maps. Jungle, Night, Street? No snow or death trap like levels?

Message 23 of 34 (229 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Feb 16, 2011

My dear developers, I hate negativism but after listening all the things you are changing and implementing on SOCOM... it's frustating. I am sorry to say this because I imagine myself reading all these angry gamers mercilessly pouring their wrath in words, but after knowing the fact that there won't be demolition, no granade arch, no classic 3rd person view... it's not worth buying the game.

I just spoke to my budies, around 15 of us play SOCOM every saturday night and no one said anything good about the game. The feeling we have is SOCOM was never broke, so why try to fix it? By all means, we have to do the right thing, but these changes...

Literaly, I am cancelling my preorder at Game Stop.

Message 24 of 34 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1655 posts

Feb 16, 2011

Never thought I'd be back on these forums saying that I was looking forward a overhauled version of SOCOM, but after what we got from the last version everything about this version sounds great in comparison... except:

01. Please explain what was the reason behind no pistols other than to support two primaries?

How could you guys get the snipe/shotty concept but not get the Pistols Only one?

02. Please tell me that we have the ability to cancel the TTT (tap to talk) function with a second tap.

If so, great - good thinking. Hopefully there is an icon on all screens while it's active too right?

Zipper has done a great job of addressing (or sounding like it so far anyway) some major issues of the past, but I just can't believe the flaw in judgment in removing pistols. They played a major part of SOCOM for so many people.

Hopefully S4 is good enough to make me look forward to S5 and their (pistols) potential return.

Even Boomer could get headshots in this game...

Socom Creed / The Unspoken Rules

Message 25 of 34 (229 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 18, 2011

I think everything what they said is very exciting because it's something new and different. I know all of you so called "vets" want the game to stay with their old roots. But really? It's best that's something new. You'll be even more excited about it. If it was something old then you know how it's going to be like. The truth of matter is, for everyone who is bashing it, really has no life being on this forum 24-7 just to bash the damn game that you play all day everyday and still going to buy Socom 4. Stop tripping about it. They really don't need listen to our feedback, but this a company(Zipper) that has inegrity. I'm looking forward to the came. Counting down actually hahahaha. April 19th.!!!

Message 26 of 34 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2436 posts

Feb 18, 2011

XP, gimmes, perks, pickups, silly-azzed game modes...  respawn "tactics"?   You guys were dodging bullies on the playground when S1 came out, right?  You wouldn't know the draw of the game if it bit you in the azz. 

Sad.

Even with your "classic mode", looks like you've alienated thousands of older players that are every bit as much of the future of your market as little Billy and mic-screamers.   Wanna play the S4 BETA?  Gotta buy KILLZONE3.  Gimmick after gimmick.  You guys are reminiscent of "Sea Monkey" companies in the backs of old comic books.

I really admired your guts with Community Day and hoped that it was done to dispel the fears of the legions of SOCOM followers.  It looks like all that Community Day did was reaffirm the changes that we were all afraid you guys were going to make.  Saved me $65 though.

Message 27 of 34 (229 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Feb 19, 2011

I think you should really remove the E-Tagging thing, say all your teammates die and stuff and its like 5 on 1 or something what the hell are you gonna do nothing but maybe get one or two guys or.... just get owned cause you have a VERY slim chance for survival... also i would really want to have lobbies back so i can actually play with people i know and form am clan or something if i wanted to play this match making thing i would just go play COD. i dont really care to much about the pistols might miss it a little but still.. and i really dont like the idea of this cover system its just not SOCOM. and i also agree that you should make classic mode CLASSIC. ive played every socom since it first came out.. and i just dont know if its gonna feel like SOCOM anymore.... i just want that SOCOM feeling again

PS: i really, really, really, REALLY think you should get rid of the E-Tags, i think they are just gonna be stupid and suck really bad in certain situation and really limits the point of having tatical skills and knowlege to kill your enemys with. cause there gonna KNOW where you are.

please atleast add lobbies and atleast take off the E-Tags..

Thanks for listening..

Message 28 of 34 (229 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Feb 21, 2011

Hell ya!
Tanks, jeeps,hummers ..

Message 29 of 34 (229 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 21, 2011

well zipper i think your not listing to the community and throwing **bleep** into the game socrack is now going to become so**bleep** really you dungoofs you all **bleep**ed up im going to play the beta and im going to hate it because it will remind me of everyother game out there and won't be unique at all so congrats zipper for making a **bleep**y game u **bleep**s

Message 30 of 34 (229 Views)
0 Likes