Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3730 posts

Re: Zipline Podcast, Episode 29 Q&A Thread - Kevin Schmitt

Jan 24, 2011

Health Regen in Socom 4 Multiplayer in our out? How many leaderboards will there be? will there just be the one standard style or will there be multiple.

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 102 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1812 posts

Jan 24, 2011
Most online games this generation have adopted the use of "experience points" as a form of rank in online matches. Has Socom 4 started to use this style of rank? Will we be sticking to simplified style of previous Socoms, or will we perhaps use both..?

What are your guys views on having a experience style ranking system in online games..?
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 102 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3689 posts

Jan 24, 2011

What will the default controller layout be for online?

How many controller presets are made so far?

How many game modes are there? Which ones are returning (if any)?

Are there PMN mines in SOCOM 4 MP?

Will the shooting through windows dilemma be solved on S4 for MP?

Will my bullets actually leave my gun and go to the crosshairs or are they gonna hit the ledge underneath my gun?

SIG:
SOCOM 4 flopped #LOL@ZIPPER
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 102 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9232 posts

Jan 24, 2011

In S4 MP, will we still be able to "victory dance" on dead bodies? If so, can you tell us one or two of the new dance moves put into the game? Its always been pretty funny even though its completely stupid! 

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 102 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2152 posts

Jan 24, 2011

What issues/hacks/glitches/rules/setups from previous SOCOMs did you purposely change to create balance in SOCOM4?  Such as, "We learned players were doing this in SOCOM 3 to get an unfair advantage so we changed it to this...".  One example I see is how confrontation didn't have UCRRs and yet in previous SOCOMs players were able to create locked rank up rooms

Also, will SOCOM 4 get brand new servers or run on the same servers that MAG and if I recall the older zipper SOCOMs used in the past?

Quinto-1
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 102 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3730 posts

Jan 24, 2011

Dirty_Walter wrote:

In S4 MP, will we still be able to "victory dance" on dead bodies? If so, can you tell us one or two of the new dance moves put into the game? Its always been pretty funny even though its completely stupid! 

good question backflip anyone?

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 102 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
262 posts

Jan 24, 2011

With all of the recent exploits in game saves, os, etc that is plaguing some other game that I will not mention, what is the level of priority in making sure that this socom doesn't become victim to hacking like all past versions of the game.  Because it seems to me that that past games,S1, S2, S3, CA, FTB 1, 2, 3 and now Confrontation have been completely ruined by these cheaters and they seem to pick on Socom more than other games.  Are you going to Ban players? Ban IPs? Ban PS3's?  Any kind of info would be appreciated because a lot of us would like to know.....

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 102 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
529 posts

Jan 24, 2011
1. Victory dances in S4?
2. About how many maps will the game ship with?
jaffeturd
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 102 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3948 posts

Are MP maps just SP levels ported over (like in S3), or a...

Jan 24, 2011

Are MP maps just SP levels ported over (like in S3), or are they designed from the ground up?

Will there be a server browser like in previous SOCOM games?

Will every bullet be a tracer like in MAG in multiplayer?

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 102 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
465 posts

Jan 24, 2011

The importance of multiplayer in video games.... I think that in general the gaming industry has made MP something that is now a standard feature in just about every new game which to me has made for an over-cluttered experienced with a lot of the same and some really bad development standards.

How will Socom 4 set itself apart from the competition in regards to a unique MP experience and/or standards?

What are the expectations for S4 in regards to online users? (30,000...nightly?)

I hope that S4 can showcase something new for MP that will change how other franchises develop their titles. Good luck Zipper, I'm hoping S4 is a WIN.

+AGW+ "Our Time is Now"
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 102 (205 Views)
0 Likes