SOCOM 4 flopped #LOL@ZIPPER
Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 102 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
254 posts

Re: Zipline Podcast, Episode 29 Q&A Thread - Kevin Schmitt

Jan 24, 2011

-will i beable to take a piss on someones face after i kill them?

-can my dude eat a klondike while i camp?

-when i play on major holidays; will i be able to decorate the corner i choose to camp in?

-if i fart in real life, will my character be able to replicate that moment?

-can i have a guard dog?

-lets say im getting whooped and i need help from the heavens. can i call in a "god strike"?

-im sure my chacters back will get very sore from the HUGE backback i plan on carrying around so i can eat everyone's bullets....can i hire a massuse in between rounds to massage my back?

-i hope that my character can take a shower after battle...i want him clean before i deploy for next round

-will my character ever get hungry? can we hear stomach growls? if not, that is very unrealistic

-if there is a dessert map, will i be able to dig tunnels into the sides of them kind of like the Al Qadea?

Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 102 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Jan 24, 2011

Popular gaming trends at the moment are fast pace FPS. Do you think following the FPS genre trends will increase the number of consumers? I personally, get tired of the same type of game over and over again. UCRR lets the community create their own type of gameplay. For instance, I love playing Snipe only, no crossing on a nice balance map and piston only game when I get tire of playing a normal game.  I expect Socom 4 to stay true to its roots instead of adding health regeneration, or insane kill streaks.

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 102 (260 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2791 posts

Jan 24, 2011

For Multiplayer, what options will be available for secondary weapons? ( i.e shotguns or pistols? both? )

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 102 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6381 posts

Jan 24, 2011

zpr_DunhamSmash wrote:

Hey everyone,

This week's set of questions or comments has to be fast because we're recording it on Tuesday due to the events we're holding this week. That said, it's going to be a good one.

Why? Because we're going to have SOCOM 4 Multiplayer Lead Designer, Kevin Schmitt on the show. The topic? The importance of multiplayer in video games!

Ask Kevin anything you want, you may just be surprised what you can get out of him.

There is also the possibility that a producer from Sony Computer Entertainment may join us as well -- depending on his schedule, so it wouldn't hurt to ask broader, publisher-oriented stuff as well (keep in mind, though, this is a producer, so your Sony-oriented questions should stay in the realm of developing games, not other stuff like public relations, marketing, and the such -- not his role).

Anyhow -- ask away!

I dont  think mp is a necessity in every video  game, i  actually feel its a  burden of  video game franchises  such as  socom becuase..  I know  they're going to be spending more time  trying to keep it  honest playing than  actually making it fun for all gamers regardless of  skill.. Online only games might sell well but they dont gather  enough  fan base to last  a year.. I have seen online only game  have  the lowest numbers of gamers  its  laughable.

My honest  thought is every game dont need   mp. If every game has it whats the point of buying it when another games does it better.? Just becuase the mp numbers are bad dont mean it a(the game) failure all over..

I have  question for Mr K.Schmitt..    How is  socom 4 relevent in  todays gaming market,In what way  is it  original and  what does it bring to enhance  the gaming  of it mP under the socom franchise .." not talking about  3d either".

Another question  for Mr K.S ..  Is... How do you feel about  socom4 and do feel this is your best work or your best effort?   DO you feel the   this game is the best game on the market in the shooter franchise Mp wise?

I have  question for the sony guy.. I heard rumors of cod going exclusive to the xbox console..   I dont know how true it is ( im not looking for comment on that rumor topic).. Does this mean  sony  will push/hold  there  fps  and socom franchise games to  a higher standard.?   Also as  far as production of franchise's go .. Do you think  socom  franchise is worth the effort  given it strong track record to start but poor track record as of late and all the unfair play throughout it  8 yrs cycle.   Also  would it be considered to  have zipper make a socom game  for the fan by the fans. Which is the biggest point to moot at as of late..

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 102 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Jan 24, 2011
This has probably been posted but here it is again.

Will there be custom taunts in multiplayer?
Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 102 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1451 posts

Jan 24, 2011

ucrr?

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 102 (260 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Jan 24, 2011

How many maps are on Socom 4?

Were they any new maps inspired by older maps?

When will we see a list of the weapons and/or maps?

Is there UCRR?

Is MP still round based or respawn? If rounds, how many?

Is there a lobby system?

Are the maps 1 game mode or can you play any mode on any map?

When we will see multiplayer gameplay or a multiplayer trailer?

Is there character customization?

Push to Talk?

Some of these might be answered, its hard to keep up with everything on the forum. Thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 102 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7470 posts

Jan 24, 2011

Lobby systems are important in any game, but even more so in SOCOM. There have been some great advancements in this area that seems to indicate that Zipper has to implement new capabilities in order to meet today’s customer expectations. However, SOCOM fans have some expectations that I feel should also be met.

So, what features in the Socom 4 lobby system that were added to meet expectations of todays consumers and what features (**cough** UCRR**cough**) were kept and/or improved on to satisfy existing fans?

Also, please be as specific as possible.

PSFGAMGING.COM

Playstation 3 Themes and overhead maps at my clan web site.
Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 102 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1529 posts

Jan 24, 2011
(if co-op is even an option), will the co-op missions be different than the Singleplayer missions or will they be the same?

Will ranked respawn be included?

Can you briefly describe how the clan system will work?

Are mics Push to Talk, Open Mics, or Toggled? Is there proximity chat?
(F)oCuS See you on the Battlefield 3 :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 102 (260 Views)
0 Likes