Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Re: Zipline Podcast, Episode 29 Q&A Thread - Kevin Schmitt

Jan 24, 2011

okay first off, will there be user created ranked rooms on socom 4 MP??

will there be a online lobby chat system per server ??

will there be dedicated ranked servers?? (a really must have)

Message 51 of 102 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1767 posts

Jan 24, 2011

zpr_DunhamSmash wrote:

Hey everyone,

This week's set of questions or comments has to be fast because we're recording it on Tuesday due to the events we're holding this week. That said, it's going to be a good one.

Why? Because we're going to have SOCOM 4 Multiplayer Lead Designer, Kevin Schmitt on the show. The topic? The importance of multiplayer in video games!

Ask Kevin anything you want, you may just be surprised what you can get out of him.

There is also the possibility that a producer from Sony Computer Entertainment may join us as well -- depending on his schedule, so it wouldn't hurt to ask broader, publisher-oriented stuff as well (keep in mind, though, this is a producer, so your Sony-oriented questions should stay in the realm of developing games, not other stuff like public relations, marketing, and the such -- not his role).

Anyhow -- ask away!

1. Is there the possiblity that there will be more Nato special forces unit's added in socom 4 DLC? (For example Turkish SAT Commandos, Estonian Spec Ops or Latvian spec ops? (Latvia, Estonia, and Turkey are also Nato countries and they were'nt included in socom 4. Russia is not a member of Nato ob

viously, but they are included for mp.)

2. If you change your region with a US copy of  socom 4 will your Teamates change to the new region or stay the same.

3. What factors does Zipper believe revolutionize the socom 4 multiplayer. New Game modes etc, etc? What Nice changes might we see.

Message 52 of 102 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1485 posts

Jan 24, 2011

zpr_DunhamSmash wrote:

Hey everyone,

This week's set of questions or comments has to be fast because we're recording it on Tuesday due to the events we're holding this week. That said, it's going to be a good one.

Why? Because we're going to have SOCOM 4 Multiplayer Lead Designer, Kevin Schmitt on the show. The topic? The importance of multiplayer in video games!

Ask Kevin anything you want, you may just be surprised what you can get out of him.

There is also the possibility that a producer from Sony Computer Entertainment may join us as well -- depending on his schedule, so it wouldn't hurt to ask broader, publisher-oriented stuff as well (keep in mind, though, this is a producer, so your Sony-oriented questions should stay in the realm of developing games, not other stuff like public relations, marketing, and the such -- not his role).

Anyhow -- ask away!

Will there be certain cover objects in the environment that can be shot through? Will there be explosive barrels, cars etc like confrontation that can kill enemies?

Message 53 of 102 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Jan 24, 2011

Will this be like past Socoms, where you unlock parts of multiplayer from playing the singleplayer?  

Message 54 of 102 (236 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1300 posts

Jan 24, 2011

Since Socom is a long time exclusive for Sony, how long will you support Socom 4 MP? Does it range from the amount of people that play?

Message 55 of 102 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1623 posts

Jan 24, 2011

Are you guys still reading this thread all the way to page 6? If so, WHERES MY BETA! ME WANT NOWWWW!

Message 56 of 102 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Jan 24, 2011

How has multi-player gaming changed the ways games are developed? Do you find the community has more impact on multi-player than it ever did on single player?

Message 57 of 102 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

Jan 24, 2011

1) ( I assume you have done so) Why have you guys chosen to change the aspect of Socoms MP gameplay ( From 1 & 2  some changes in 3 & CA then very drastic changes in Con to now S4) I know you wanted to try something new but I personally think the only problems with Socom was the Code 9er's, Lag, Framerate, and the online system ( lobby, menu, clan, customization, could use an update).

2)  What's new in S4 MP that you're most excited about ?

3) What was the hardest decision you guys had to make regarding MP?

4)  How do you guys plan on supporting Socom MP when the game comes out ?

5) (To the SCE Producer) If S4 doesn't do as well as you  would expect, would you guys finally look into S2 HD ?

ProFe$$ioNaL $kiLL$
P$ U-N000

http://twitter.com/TheGamerMan
Message 58 of 102 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15781 posts

Jan 24, 2011

We're getting conflicting opinions of how the multiplayer plays.  

Travis Steiner says it's "and all new experience" and your community managers are saying "it's certainly closer to old SOCOMs than being something completely different".  It can't be both "and all new experience" and still be closer to the old SOCOMs, so which is it?

Recognize My Disease
Message 59 of 102 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
974 posts

Jan 24, 2011

I know not to much detail will be released but answer this one question as best a possible

When comparing Socom 2 to socom 4, on a scale of 1 to 10, how much of the game play and style is the same between the two?  (10 being exactly the same)

Making a comment like "IDIOT.. Nuff Sed" is flaming, please put me out if I do it again.
vote here http://airborn101.co.uk/socom4%20poll.html
Message 60 of 102 (236 Views)
0 Likes