Hekseville Citizen
381 posts

Re: Zipline Podcast, Episode 26 Q&A Thread - Seth Luisi

Nov 30, 2010
man if they everrrr made a ranked respawn there would be no purpose for a regular ranked room u might aswell call it socom of duty.
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 70 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3032 posts

Nov 30, 2010

Seth Luisi

Sir:  How can you be so far away from the needs of your very own community? How come in all of  the older  socoms our issue's, needs and wants in a game go unresolved and you then implement features that no one asks for( ex- Run button and OTS) again? How come these are back in socom 4 when no one liked them in confrontation?

Since you have a basis of what was popular a few years ago how come you and Zipper  didn't take that and advance it to make socom more popular? (Im referring socom 2 to socom 3) Zipper never followed through with what made socom 2 popular and implement that into socom 3. For socom 3 was so far different than socom 2 by design, WHY? So my last 2 questions are, why is it that everyone else on the planet learns from previous mistakes  yet  you do not? Why can't you see now that socom 4 will not please neither the casuals or the hardcore socomers because its missing our classic features and offers a watered down version of current shooter features?

Lastly this is the truth of which I'm sure you will not answer during the podcast but felt it must be said. Socom 4 is going to be another mediocre game offering low numbers for sales and also online community. Just like socom 3 & combined assault & confrontation and Mag. Great track record you have going, maybe you should quit listening to who ever is telling you this is the right direction for gaming and go back to what actually worked! I do apologize for the weird grouping of questioning but felt it was necessary to say these things.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 70 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Nov 30, 2010

I would like to know if we will be able to fire and reload our weapons in mid air? I think this makes for better uninterupted gameplay. And also if we will have unlimited sprint?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 70 (153 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1383 posts

Nov 30, 2010

Will there be 2 versions of the same map or will it be just one like in past socom titles? Also will each map have 1 mode

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 70 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1998 posts

Nov 30, 2010
In Todays gen many developers have been rushing out games to meet deadlines and may be riddled with bugs and glitches only for them to follow up and say future patches will come (recent example Fallout New Vegas).

Is the Team at Zipper Focus on releasing an smooth release and try and have the least amount of problems as possible, if so is that you primary objective at the moment.

I dont think fans can go though another confrontation type situation.
The following post may contain traces of error's or bias behaviour
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 70 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1529 posts

Nov 30, 2010

What features are still "pending"? PTT, Lobbies, UCRRs are most interesting to me.

Will we be seeing all the typical gun categories? Assault Rifles, Pistols, Shotguns, Snipers, SMGs, MGs?

Are flashbangs and smoke grenades in as well? If you can just list the equipment that's been confirmed I would appreciate it.

What are all of the confirmed game modes?

Is it still nonrespawn oriented for the most part?

(F)oCuS See you on the Battlefield 3 :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 70 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1767 posts

Nov 30, 2010

I doubt any of these will be answered and certainly not all of them, but here I go.

1. I know you guys aren't allowed to talk to much about mp yet, but will we see a diverse range of body armor on our charater skins from different factions like in confrontation. (I know there is no working armor, but so far many characters are wearing MOLLE plate carriers, etc,etc.) It would be interesting if the Russians had eastern European style armor, while the Australians would have modern day  plate carrier skins. All in all, will we see characers wearing diverse armor skins?

2. One of the things I liked best from Confrontation was the realism of the weapons. Can you tell us anything you , Roper, or Dunham think are really cool, or perhaps new in the guns in socom 4?

3. What kind of Voiceover will we hear in Socom 4?  Did Zipper manage to get foreign voices again for socom 4? For example, will the German special forces speak in German? Will the British special forces have a wide range of Accents like an Irish Accent, Scottish Accent, or an English Accent?

Thank you for reading,

Wolf

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 70 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
323 posts

Dec 1, 2010

Thanks so much for appearing on the show again! We really appreciate it.

-Will players have the chance to change their weapons at the end of a round while being dead?

-Have the controls changed since E3? Are you happy with the controls you're using now?

-Have you decided to keep players on one side of the teams for the whole game or will there be side switching halfway between the rounds like in Confrontation?

-Can we expect to see all of the classic modes make a return? Or will the more popular modes return so new ones can replace the others? Or both?

-What are some additions you've made to the clan system?

-Will map dedicated modes make a return for SOCOM 4?

-Has the SOCOM documentary been completed and will it be presented soon?

- Please tell me user created rank rooms will be a feature in SOCOM 4. :smileyhappy:

Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 70 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1623 posts

Dec 1, 2010

Will PMN Mines return to Socom 4 (MP speaking)?

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 70 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2235 posts

Dec 1, 2010
Will the trophies be online based or campaign/co-op? or a mix of both?
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 70 (153 Views)
0 Likes