I Only Post Everything
1053 posts

Re: Zipline - Episode 34 Now Live!

Apr 9, 2011

This game is terrible. It takes to much bullets to drop someone.

How can you burst if you need 10 hits to kill someone.

Socom comfrontation took 4 bullets to drop someone. (light armor)

now when u hit someone he can just run away or you just skim him.

Message 11 of 26 (260 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 9, 2011

Sorry but this game BLOWS! I have been a fan since Socom 1.

MANY major problems with the game: 1/ The control scheme SUCKS!  Where did the D-Pad lean go? I want to be able to actually control my character. MAG SUCKED... Go look at Socom: Confrontation controls and USE THAT CONTROL SCHEME!!!!! IT WORKED!!!!!!!!! CUSTOMIZATION WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2/ The cover function is totally stupid. Stop changing things that were great in the SOCOM franchise. The O button should be the chat button.  And when I want to zoom in to scope... I want to use up and down on the D-PAD not an ANALOG STICK!

3/ Stop promoting the stupid motion control function. No one wants it! The Playstation Move shouldn't be for this game. Sorry, but OLD SCHOOL Socom fans want Socom back. We don't want Call of Duty wannabe gameplay.

4/ Lobbies Lobbies Lobbies!!!!!!! **bleep** happened to them?!!!! AGAIN NO ONE WANTS MAG!!!!!! STOP FORCING MAG crap on us!!

5/ The game does look great though! Other than that,.. it is not SOCOM!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE   Give us back our control schemes from the previous Socoms!!!!! I can't play this game. BTW.. I hate the RUN control as well. Who wants to play Call of Duty? I want to play Socom. The RUN button should be the L1 button. NOT AN ANALOG STICK BEING PUSHED DOWN. I wears out the PS3 controller.

Message 12 of 26 (260 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Apr 9, 2011
I said it before this game was meant to be played as a respawn like COD or Mag. Classic mode was an after thought and got rushed in to the game. This is just another shooter now it doesn't feel like socom it feels more like COD.
Message 13 of 26 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Apr 9, 2011

Honestly, what game are you Zipper guys playing? People using their mics? Team-oriented, tactics, someone taking leadership role?

9 out of 10 games I go into, i'm the only one using their mic. I'm that one guy taking the leadership role.(Which is fine, but it makes me irrate when no one listens or talks back) . The reason why is its like this(IMHO):

1. The Communication system in this game is broken, expecially in classic.
  2. People are used to COD, which doesnt lean towards teamwork 95% of the time.
  3. People don't understand that you can't run n' gun like COD.

Unless i'm playing with my clan or friends, I get people who don't listen, don't talk back...or if they do its just..."AHHH MAANN, how did he expletive kill me!, I shot him" ....etc.

I hope you guys fix the communication system. My other big issue was the clan challenge thing. But having a clan challenge and this broken mic system, it's not worth it.

Has anyone noticed how much your team dominates the other when you get into a room with a few people with mics that know how to use them? The game goes from stale, boring campfest to a fun game that we can use communication to weed out the campers.( Camping is a whole other issue, not going to get into that)

Seriously, do I need to get my clan/friends all on Skype to be able to play this game the way it should be played?

And the Lobby explaination just says, this is easier for us(Zipper) since we did it this way and we know that lobbies builds a community...but we'd rather not do lobbies. Thanks for that great reasoning. Thought you would at least come up with some technical reason.

^^Official Death By FyRe Clan Website!^^ CLICK IMAGE
Message 14 of 26 (260 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 10, 2011
best socom yet but loading screen freeze up is same as homefront meaning can't get into lobbies to play and if that's the case not much need n buying full game.. homefront was a dissatisfaction because of the no go lobby so steer from the no go lobbies
Message 15 of 26 (260 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8004 posts

Apr 11, 2011

First off thanks, welcome back Roper (even though you did come in for the last Podcast) and it was cool listening to 2 of the guys I met at Pax East.

Here is some of the detailed and even critical feedback you said you like to hear regarding the patch.

The camera POV is an improvement but it still isn't completely fixed.  I do find myself being more successful navigating the environment.  I'm making more accurate jumps when full speed (not sprinting).  The camera is still too dynamic.

First of all It moves in when you sprint making it harder to navigate,  IMO this is counter intuitive.  It should pull back further than normal camera so you have a wider field of view.  You should see the bottom of your boots when your sprinting.  This would be more practical in judging when to vault over an object...you run to a vault not fast walk.  I find myself not completing what should be an easy jump when sprinting because the camera moved in and my perspective changed.

Second is the camera moves in too much still when you get close to an object.  That claustrophobia comes right back and the game turns into an "OTS can't see jack on the left side of me" nightmare, all over again.  In reality if your behind a box you have a limited view of your right "weapon" side because you see a whole lotta  box out of your left eye that is leading your field of view...center the camera and leave it there PLEASE!!!  Allow the players perspective to occur naturally rather than try to force it on us.

Third thing is when I do get to a spot and and have a good FOV like going prone in a nice shady spot the camera creeps back and ruins my FOV,  If I move left "closer to what's making the shadow" the camera shifts again then creeps back and if I move right "to the open area" the camera shifts again then creeps back, this is very disorienting and makes it nauseating to scan your fire lanes.

To summarize the camera is too dynamic...there should be 3 basic camera positions with a single smooth transition between them.

1: "prone, close quarters" seeing head and shoulders with a centered view of the battlefield, room or hallway.

2: "standing/crouched, walk to run",  being able to see waist and thighs for maneuvering and situation awareness.

3: "sprinting" being able to see the bottom of your boots for optimal navigation and obstacle vaulting.

I understand your going for this cinematic experience but the dynamics of the camera make for some really awkward and not so good gameplay moments.  It needs to be less dynamic and more consistent / constant for it to be a good TPS mechanic.  Leave the cinematics for the movies where the camera takes the passive viewer on a journey.  Let the camera be our tool to view this graphically artistic and visceral world you created where the player creates their own dynamic moments.

just my .02

Message 16 of 26 (260 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8004 posts

Apr 11, 2011
Oh ya and not having lobbies stills stinks. UCRR were not only about who you gamed with but who you gamed against. Not having this option still hinders the community by disallowing us this choice.

You spoke of the community and clans policing ourselves. Friends and clans not only want to play together we also like to compete specifically with each other. Some of the best clans were guys who you liked playing with and for your clan to play against.
Message 17 of 26 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
530 posts

Apr 11, 2011
Message 18 of 26 (260 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 11, 2011

after the patch now the game doesn't load up, really lame now.  are you still working on the game that doesn't start? also are we going to see some extraction in this game? you guys have to fix this because your going to get a lot of unhappy customers.... 

Message 19 of 26 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Apr 14, 2011

well i really enjoyed the starcraft 2 reference....

www.256players.com

Message 20 of 26 (260 Views)
0 Likes