When did zipper sell its soul?

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 35 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

Re: Zipline, Episode 21 Q&A Thread - Ed Byrne

Sep 15, 2010

So what are you guys trying to accomplish with the story? What sort of feelings are you trying to enage with the players through the charactes if any?

What were the key factors surrounding the decision behind the location and setting of the game?

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 35 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Sep 15, 2010
can we expect to see a push to talk set up that works by tapping a button, then speaking, when you are done speaking the channel will auto detect then shut off. Could this be a potential D pad button online?
su-prem-a-cy
-noun
1. the quality or state of being supreme.
2. supreme authority or power.
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 35 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
826 posts

Sep 15, 2010

Is there a possibility that we will get a classic TPV for SP as an alternate view and if there isn't why not?

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 35 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
14053 posts

Sep 16, 2010

zpr_Roper wrote:

This week we'll be joined once again by Creative Director Ed Byrne. Fire away!

I have been seeing articles popping up on sites like IGN basically bashing the same kind of direction you guys are using with the "follow the leader" approach and stating thats a big reason why shooters are growing stale and could be beginning their demise. The lack of originality ,using features just cause other companies were successful with them in their game,just being a run of the mill shooter,etc.

So my question to you is how do you think Socom can take this approach while still managing to be successful?

In case you want further explanation as to what i think is just copied for the sake of copying heres an example:

Things like Health Regen and blood splatter are an example of features added just for the sake of doing what other games do because in a third person game it makes no sense to make our TV screen bleed when we can see our character. The damage should be taking place on the character so obviously this was a feature just done to copy what the FPS shooters were doing without taking any time to consider why its an FPS feature and not viable for a third person shooter.

Sig: Socom 1 and 2 best games I've played on any console.
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 35 (116 Views)
0 Likes