Nov 10 2012
By: mcbuttz78 Treasure Hunter 6342 posts

interesting hd remaake info

7 replies 448 views Edited Nov 10, 2012

http://beefjack.com/news/sony-president-hd-remakes-are-winwin-for-publishers-and-consumers/

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (448 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6342 posts

Re: interesting hd remaake info

Nov 10, 2012

thoughtss?

Mcbuttz78

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (442 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Nov 11, 2012

Very interesting indeed. Hopefully SOCOM II can be added to the HD Remakes list of theres.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (360 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6342 posts

Nov 11, 2012

Evo_SI wrote:

Very interesting indeed. Hopefully SOCOM II can be added to the HD Remakes list of theres.

I think its up there the request us  about 25k vote strong..I  think crash  tomba is  onthe list as well

Mcbuttz78

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2181 posts

Nov 11, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

http://beefjack.com/news/sony-president-hd-remakes-are-winwin-for-publishers-and-consumers/

It seems like they're interested in remaking every game except SOCOM.  We put up over 10,000 votes for S2HD and still no love from Sony.  They need to get it together over there at Sony and stop with the crappy Sypro the dragon HD remakes and give us our SOCOM.  

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1423 posts

Nov 11, 2012

Thats from 2011.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6342 posts

Re: interesting hd remake info

Nov 11, 2012

Toe_Tag_ wrote:

That's from 2011.

A business plan doesn't  always  work in current year it might  work to the next years ahead   a   2- 5 yrs plan. So  if  I say  we are going  remake 60 games. All   60 wont come this year(  1 year) I will break them  down maybe 20  a year for 3 years.

This  brings income in those  years. Something to fall back on  and etc..  If  I    shoot them all out in the same  year   half of  them will kill each other sales.  That's just  a 1 business perspective. Its a lot way to  do it , some like  shoot them all out and  get money.  They  just think   a sale is a sale.

" A good product will sell it self regardless of  competition", which a business rule and is very true, but  no  sale is  every Guaranteed, which leads to the example i was making in breaking them  down to  gather profts

Mcbuttz78

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6342 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 12, 2012

MADDENKING1980 wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

It seems like they're interested in remaking every game except SOCOM.  We put up over 10,000 votes for S2HD and still no love from Sony.  They need to get it together over there at Sony and stop with the crappy Sypro the dragon HD remakes and give us our SOCOM.  

I think has to do zipper going down, ..  Im not 100% sure,   But i know it falls on the devs and there is no dev. As far as bring in  another unit to  hd remaster it. That  depends on  how they  want to remaster it. If the coding is to complicated/  old it will cost too much  to rebuild it. a  hd remake has to be cost  effective to the dev making regardless of the publisher input. That whats I  Learned from  talking to my peers and devs themselves about hd remakes.

A  remaster is different than a  port and so are the cost.. Which play a  factor as well in getting  it done with the  devs and publisher.

Mcbuttz78

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (283 Views)
0 Likes