Treasure Hunter
6666 posts

Re: crew battle battle in max payne3 remind me socom con battle ?

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

uh--oh wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

Well mcbuttz I saw another thread and the casual shooters are loosing steam in sales. One can only hope that their time is coming to an end. If that is the case maybe we can get back to games that offer more of a complete full gaming experience.

yes alot games are loosing steam. the gaming  market is changing so  is next generation of gamers. hardcore gaming has been around since  poker cards i assume and chess.  I think gaming need to  find a  way to cater  to everones like, some project dont  need a  super budget becuase the project is very  simple in  style and etc.  Alot of games  are gameplay driven not graphic card  driven, socom frabchise is one of those games.

I understand socom con is spin off  ok.. but the look is of it  is socom and gameplay is what it  is, A  good fans /player know the modes and maps.   Some  features where to brings noobs/fresh blood to play,   like ms pac man had a turbo button,  some loved it,  some disliked it.. To me thats earliest fourm of casual play i can remember to a very good franchise, popular one..

It didnt sit well with alot people, but some enjoyed and said it  made it  more enjoyable some  said the oppisite and stop playing altogether.  Same as for socom con some featured made it enjoyable. the run button didnt hinder me any, the knife was button was rarely used by me, it didnt make or break my enjoyment of tatics and gameplay.. But some stop playing alltogether, moan about it.. Kinda like a republlican  the old way or no way.. We dont want any type  diversity.. its kinda selfish in my opinion  becuase you need  new blood to survive.

some call this the  casual era or cod era of gaming.. no serious hardcore games to be had..  but iknow they have few hardcore gamer out their.  You need a few causal features to draw in new blood to the next generation coming in. Just like basketball in my day there  was  no 3 point line, 3 second  vialation or a shot clock.  Some  said it slow the game down  or dumb it down but  alot of  people liked that it,  brought better players to the game. ucla  won like 100 games in a row before the shot clock era.  Since then they havent been so great, and the newr team like butler are killing from the 3pt line..   You have to adjust to the times not everythg is  going to stay the same. but a few things should but not everything, you have to recruit new bloods some how. You cant  just  have5  bill lambeiers  and say your going to win it, becuase one guy is going to find a d. rose. a lebron  james. a shaq, a dwade. a kobe bryant and put them all one team to  use every aspect of the times and gameplay. You cant make it with 5 bill lambeers like you use too.

The army/navy miltiary  is not shooting colt1911 45. any more. even thought its  considerd the best  hand gun in miltary history. Old timers like myself knew it was life saver. Now the kids today got something else i think  a sig 9mm in the miltary.  the miltiary young men today love it. I dont see anythng to scream about beside it hold more bullets. the stopping power aint their but  hey you have to adjust times have changed. keep blood flowing

In short the devs today couldve observed and  made things  better like rockstar games do , not try to be so radical.

Your thought is understood but here is something to chew on. In its day socom was unique and distinct. As the years rolled by many here stated that the content, features were ohsolete. Then as new casual shooters came out I started to see old socom features re-emerge in a new shooter and provide a new perspective for their game. Now if that can work wonders for casual games.

Imagine how it would be for our socom game? Just maybe everyone was wrong. They thought those features were old and worn but in reality those classic content were years ahead of the business. Now combine that with the lazyness of devs now days , everyone made their jobs easier. everyone settled for just flashy games instead of ones that offer a full experience. So lets hope the casuals are coming to an end and we can get back to a unique and distinct classic socom once again.

I sure would love one more classic new socom before I get too old to play.. lol

Well i made that arguement to  zipper about 1k times lol Smiley Happy . i  know my games very well socom started a lot  3rd person wars games over 150-200, same exact features as socom franchise the majority on pc.  Alot of today games  have socom elements in them, Even the 1st  few re horror games have socom features in them.

I know alot games have socom  features in them today and todays  gamer love it. When a franchise  is  going to waste  you take good from it becuase it dont really need it anymore. One man things treated as trash is another man  treasure to make him rich,.  that how  it works.. if you saw dead body rotting in  the dirt with diamond chains and etc worth millions, it considerd immoral to rob the dead, but if you have family to feed. All bets are off. Smiley Happy

Like alot laid out we need a balance like 80% hardcore/20% casual features.. ( im not screaming respawn though , maybe in free play unranked  or for in unranked free play  MP  thropies ) .   I think the causal  will love the socom  gameplay becuase alot of young gamer love skillful  war games.  Alot of them liked socom 4 but the thrill didnt last as long becuase the  hardcore base didnt like  the   radical  casual features and the look was just off, every game is offering the same exact excitment.. Dont get me wrong  its a good game but just not a good full featured  skillful socom game.

The maps wont in socom taste, to many  causal  new blood features. Btw i loved how they made differ sniper rifle for  the maps in socom 4..  I think that should return, it was long  over do  . As far making a goods causal shooter for the market they did a wonderful job, but as far as a socom game in full  features in look and etc  they  had it all wrong.Shouldve stayed in bed lol or not do it at all.

If socom does  come back, i hope they do come to us( hardcore fans 1st) and let real fan make it right in the right fashion. which is not hard to do  for starter  i wouldnt  put 5  real socom  site owner  memebr in that group of people  to help, maybe 1 or two, not to rag on them but there alot better  choices like storm along or  p- noozi and etc that know the  socom maps and clan aspects and can improve that  part  by 10  folds. We need  real diverse group of  socomer maybe 10-12 guys/gals . new and old school 80/20 is  about what socom con did , just add a analong sprint,  for starters  would shut a few up and its do-able. re create the  about 30 socom maps from the games

If we  ever want to  get on  a good level of play  like  before or like rockstar games is doing with it franchies , its going to take team work and put  the selfishness behind. the past is past. You just make it with  5 bill  russlles anymore. You have to add diversity. nothing wrong wth change , it how  do it without neglecting the  core values and principals the fans obey.80/20 is a fair shake

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 11 of 18 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4893 posts

Dec 1, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

Well mcbuttz I saw another thread and the casual shooters are loosing steam in sales. One can only hope that their time is coming to an end. If that is the case maybe we can get back to games that offer more of a complete full gaming experience.

yes alot games are loosing steam. the gaming  market is changing so  is next generation of gamers. hardcore gaming has been around since  poker cards i assume and chess.  I think gaming need to  find a  way to cater  to everones like, some project dont  need a  super budget becuase the project is very  simple in  style and etc.  Alot of games  are gameplay driven not graphic card  driven, socom frabchise is one of those games.

I understand socom con is spin off  ok.. but the look is of it  is socom and gameplay is what it  is, A  good fans /player know the modes and maps.   Some  features where to brings noobs/fresh blood to play,   like ms pac man had a turbo button,  some loved it,  some disliked it.. To me thats earliest fourm of casual play i can remember to a very good franchise, popular one..

It didnt sit well with alot people, but some enjoyed and said it  made it  more enjoyable some  said the oppisite and stop playing altogether.  Same as for socom con some featured made it enjoyable. the run button didnt hinder me any, the knife was button was rarely used by me, it didnt make or break my enjoyment of tatics and gameplay.. But some stop playing alltogether, moan about it.. Kinda like a republlican  the old way or no way.. We dont want any type  diversity.. its kinda selfish in my opinion  becuase you need  new blood to survive.

some call this the  casual era or cod era of gaming.. no serious hardcore games to be had..  but iknow they have few hardcore gamer out their.  You need a few causal features to draw in new blood to the next generation coming in. Just like basketball in my day there  was  no 3 point line, 3 second  vialation or a shot clock.  Some  said it slow the game down  or dumb it down but  alot of  people liked that it,  brought better players to the game. ucla  won like 100 games in a row before the shot clock era.  Since then they havent been so great, and the newr team like butler are killing from the 3pt line..   You have to adjust to the times not everythg is  going to stay the same. but a few things should but not everything, you have to recruit new bloods some how. You cant  just  have5  bill lambeiers  and say your going to win it, becuase one guy is going to find a d. rose. a lebron  james. a shaq, a dwade. a kobe bryant and put them all one team to  use every aspect of the times and gameplay. You cant make it with 5 bill lambeers like you use too.

The army/navy miltiary  is not shooting colt1911 45. any more. even thought its  considerd the best  hand gun in miltary history. Old timers like myself knew it was life saver. Now the kids today got something else i think  a sig 9mm in the miltary.  the miltiary young men today love it. I dont see anythng to scream about beside it hold more bullets. the stopping power aint their but  hey you have to adjust times have changed. keep blood flowing

In short the devs today couldve observed and  made things  better like rockstar games do , not try to be so radical.

Your thought is understood but here is something to chew on. In its day socom was unique and distinct. As the years rolled by many here stated that the content, features were ohsolete. Then as new casual shooters came out I started to see old socom features re-emerge in a new shooter and provide a new perspective for their game. Now if that can work wonders for casual games.

Imagine how it would be for our socom game? Just maybe everyone was wrong. They thought those features were old and worn but in reality those classic content were years ahead of the business. Now combine that with the lazyness of devs now days , everyone made their jobs easier. everyone settled for just flashy games instead of ones that offer a full experience. So lets hope the casuals are coming to an end and we can get back to a unique and distinct classic socom once again.

I sure would love one more classic new socom before I get too old to play.. lol

Well i made that arguement to  zipper about 1k times lol Smiley Happy . i  know my games very well socom started a lot  3rd person wars games over 150-200, same exact features as socom franchise the majority on pc.  Alot of today games  have socom elements in them, Even the 1st  few re horror games have socom features in them.

I know alot games have socom  features in them today and todays  gamer love it. When a franchise  is  going to waste  you take good from it becuase it dont really need it anymore. One man things treated as trash is another man  treasure to make him rich,.  that how  it works.. if you saw dead body rotting in  the dirt with diamond chains and etc worth millions, it considerd immoral to rob the dead, but if you have family to feed. All bets are off. Smiley Happy

Like alot laid out we need a balance like 80% hardcore/20% casual features.. ( im not screaming respawn though , maybe in free play unranked  or for in unranked free play  MP  thropies ) .   I think the causal  will love the socom  gameplay becuase alot of young gamer love skillful  war games.  Alot of them liked socom 4 but the thrill didnt last as long becuase the  hardcore base didnt like  the   radical  casual features and the look was just off, every game is offering the same exact excitment.. Dont get me wrong  its a good game but just not a good full featured  skillful socom game.

The maps wont in socom taste, to many  causal  new blood features. Btw i loved how they made differ sniper rifle for  the maps in socom 4..  I think that should return, it was long  over do  . As far making a goods causal shooter for the market they did a wonderful job, but as far as a socom game in full  features in look and etc  they  had it all wrong.Shouldve stayed in bed lol or not do it at all.

If socom does  come back, i hope they do come to us( hardcore fans 1st) and let real fan make it right in the right fashion. which is not hard to do  for starter  i wouldnt  put 5  real socom  site owner  memebr in that group of people  to help, maybe 1 or two, not to rag on them but there alot better  choices like storm along or  p- noozi and etc that know the  socom maps and clan aspects and can improve that  part  by 10  folds. We need  real diverse group of  socomer maybe 10-12 guys/gals . new and old school 80/20 is  about what socom con did , just add a analong sprint,  for starters  would shut a few up and its do-able. re create the  about 30 socom maps from the games

If we  ever want to  get on  a good level of play  like  before or like rockstar games is doing with it franchies , its going to take team work and put  the selfishness behind. the past is past. You just make it with  5 bill  russlles anymore. You have to add diversity. nothing wrong wth change , it how  do it without neglecting the  core values and principals the fans obey.80/20 is a fair shake

There were a lot of ideas but you have to remember this. Socom had casual features first and no one hardly used them. We were hardcore all the way. So socom has to go back to being a harcore game first and foremost!!!!

I do not feel any part of the new socom should cater to any casual players. Let them go play something else. Its not like they know communication or team work. Every time I was in a room no one talked. Reason is because casual shooters doesn't promote teamwork or communication. Its all about themselves. We don't needs them in this game.

Message 12 of 18 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4253 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

Instead of a respawn game I would rather jump back on GRAW2 30 maps $20 on psn less at gamestop.  I have got a full room a couple times before GRFS came out. I have not tried since.

Nothing about this looks hardcore..... It is not as fun but adding L1 zoom  requires more skill.  The movement is arcadish. Con was a step in the right direction they just needed more maps and a party system to bring your clan into lobbies.

Message 13 of 18 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6666 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

I do not feel any part of the new socom should cater to any casual players. Let them go play something else. Its not like they know communication or team work. Every time I was in a room no one talked. Reason is because casual shooters doesn't promote teamwork or communication. Its all about themselves. We don't needs them in this game.

Well zipper siad the same thing to the  longtime fan with socom4 in the opposite dialouge.  Hardcore gamer dont mean  defile all means of  nessary measure to improve. It means dedicated to the franchise,   What  your saying is  the same as a  father saying he want  grand kids but never aloow of his daughter to marry  anyone.?

But yet and still your yelling at your daughter to  give you grand kids.. But nothing is good enough for. The guy has to be this certian way..  There is no mr perfect, socom was not perfect it had it flaws. Socm had casual feature. headset mic tlk and   arcade gameplay.,   Thats a few casual features.. there where few hardcore aspects the game that keep you playing but skills paid the bills not  a voice  command call out in socom.

Skills paid the bills not head set calling..  .  Most guys didnt  use a head set mic, the majority of the   clans  they had silent code.  Even  in  early socom  matches if you spoked you where kicked for  talking, becuase you blow location, formation. head set  communication aint ever thing. Skills paid the bills, in socom   calling out the  tatic in the open  second's of the round  where  normal, no one was busting they yaps in the map like some assume. " hey over there i see  jimmy" becuase jimmy  would have threw a gnade or had sniper rifel waiting and it a wrap..   Clans had  a way to communicate beyond using the headset, it  was minimally used maybe in  opening  moments of theround or a regroup of  tatic. 

In the opening   seconds speaking where for tatics. If it was  a  hard match  yes they spoke, to bluff and etc , but alot guys didnt bluff in socom,  you would get a nade and that is why nade were  dropping/spamming in the beginning of the rounds  as well , you couldnt hear the  stratgy  with gnades going off  everywere.  Talking takes time away from getting things  done. i dis agree with your stance ,this why  we have nothing today.

Becuase you dont except a few new things, to cater to the youth\of the time the old will persish one day  uh oh. Who going to keep it alive if  the youth of today  cant relate to it.. Im not saying  change it all up to  like socom 4 so raidcial and drastic .

But  the next socom ,con2 or w/e can improve a few things 80/20 is a fair shake.I'll keep my stance unranked/freeplay modes is where the   noob/ new blood feature should be . But the  moral of the game should be classic  socom in features and style and map mode gameplay.

A casual feaure to me is  clan practice rooms( free play ),  with  afree agent recruiting with  profile stats to see and sent invite to the said gamer. clan pratice room would included  a room  on clans for tryouts and times and etc. 

Customization for clans  out and logo's, none of raintbow  warrior   stuff. Real looks, either gorilla war fare/ terrorist look or  differnt military countries set uniforms. They can set  some stuff out as well sell a few camo patterns and packs.

Clan ladder. rivaly matches. i would get  rid   solo player  leader board make its so it  would based on clan k/d ratio only . So bobby with 5 ps3 couldnt be up in the 100 players with all his clan, becuase he would have to play the top clans  of real people to improve, alot could see if  the clan he/she was playinghas been disbanded( when  made and when disbanded) and know  he./she is fraud . You can only play the same  clan 2twice in one week period,  all clan  tourney  matches have a dev watching or are recorded tot he clan page for sercurity mesasure.  Rockstar does it so  can whom ever that  makes the new socom.

Those  are causal feature to me, i dont see how they hinder success of the game or long time players. I dont see how a new comers cant like that. if they  recreate alot old character from so could  customize them, thats  enough fun in the game for  a new comer to me.  The game doesent have 100% serious bizz,  it has to have fun aspect to it.

I dont agree with you  stand uh oh your hgoing to need youth/casual type of feature. meaning fun features

Mcbuttz78

Message 14 of 18 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4893 posts

Dec 1, 2012

mcbuttz we never gave the casuals a chance to grow with classic socom either. You have to remember that Zipper made 4 socoms identicle with poor graphics etc... NO improvement.

Yet when compared to Cod beginning their games got better especially graphics etc...

So who knows what could have happened if socom actually advanced? Casuals could have liked it to .... > We may never know.

Message 15 of 18 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6666 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

zipper didnt  make  socom 4 identical to  other  socoms uh oh? the  gameplay it totally  different,  The modes are different, the maps  are not in socom  structure or style. The look and feel is different.  The past socom not even psps  played  and felt diffrent , In s4 your like your made out of marshmellow.  Moving foward , is a sound in your head "plop. plop, plop" ..

New players grew in socom in the past games, not everybody started in socom 2002 uh oh.  Some started inthe psp , some  started  in socom 3, ca, very few few started insocom 2002, some started in socom2.

All of them are diffrent,  i cant hate on new gamers becuase  socom is hard to play and socom need new gamers to stay afloat..  When i played  socomers taught one another tatics and played with some diginity and class. Those days are long  gone it has nothing with the feature but the attitude tone online.  Socom online is nasty place to be, alot  jack artist and etc. that where they didnt get a fiar shake becuase zipper never police their games, they clamed  excuse of w/e they like but  everyone will tell you the track was bad for zipper itn that era.  i called them out on it plenty of times. the majority of my threads where about  the unfair play.

If they wanted to give gamer a fair change up the rules  for online, not the modes and look and style of play, if  a rockstar dev can get on everynight why couldnt a zipper devs.  What s the dang excuse. "someone  cooking post roast tonight??"   They didnt care uh  oh siple and plain., If  socom is a clan based game then get rid of  leaderboards for solo players and make it clans only leadeboards . which was  said, Did they do that. NO.. they didnt have to add match making and Solo  free playing thats ranked,  gnade Luancher in classic. I  saw a  to do list  created for  them  to listen to a few suggestion on the forums( not said demands) ,they did  do a few thing  right, but  never changed the tone of online its still the same to this day

Alot set it out what need to be done in a positive way  and they didnt do it becuase they had their own plan and that  didnt  work so well , and  now everybody suffer.  New players had a fair  shake in all socoms it was just   tone of the community after a certianmaount of time.  Back in 2002 it wasnt fair but if adpated and  stayed diligent you were rewarded with skill . How is that not fair?

You got  guys  like the  black widows of the world  cursing and threathten devs  on youtube and forums rally crying socom is dead give them hell each game till i say stop. And brain  dead trolls follow  these commands and  they endorse it, like marriage.  The  forums has  had a 2 sided war since socom 3. By those same guys who ripped down socom franchise over the years , where are they today , they are on cod,moh. bf3, the out there hiding  and laughing and giglling hehehehe.. look what i said to destroy the socom community and it games  they dont give hoot uh oh ..  Same as zipper didnt gibe hoot ot  stop cheatng in the past games.

Show  me where  theses lovers of socom franchise  are at. they dam sure aint here anymore,. new gamers got a  fair shake in the past they got fair shake in socom  con, they got fiar shake on socom psp versions.. None is holyier than thou uh oh..   Guys like myself  came to the game forums to help it, and watched it die by the one who dont give dam and say to destroybecuase it not a certian way the franchise. I bought the while ps3 console for socom  uh oh.    Im not only one

To say  new comers didnt get a fair shake is not true. Becuase alot new socomer  in socom con love it and still play it today all over the world.  As far gameplay , if they put forewards the time and effort, skills is the reward, long term  friends from clan is the reward. Everyone can have those benifits if  they put  in the time and  effort,  all that can happen  night  1.Which is fair enough to me.As far tone and attiude no they don thave it fair , no new gamer does to any franchse

Mcbuttz78

Message 16 of 18 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4893 posts

Dec 1, 2012

mcbuttz I think you are a little confused by how I mean my comment. All I was saying is that socom never got its true advancement without  changing the classic style. As you already mentioned even after socom 2 being the most popular online ever Zipper changed it to get casuals.

Zipper never advanced socom so we will never know how it could have worked in todays high world of great graphics and better game engines????? That is a shame. I feel that the classic style would have worked. Simply because for 10 years now casual games have run. Surely during that time some of these guys grow up and would want something more adult like and old classic socoms provided that.

As for the  disappearance of the old socomers I can't blame them. If I was smart I should have left a long time ago. lol Yet I alaways try to remain optomistic with the hope classic socom can be reborn with all the bells and whistles that we never got in the past... That would be a dream of mine...lol

Message 17 of 18 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6666 posts

Dec 1, 2012

ok..  yea.. well  :/

Mcbuttz78

Message 18 of 18 (239 Views)
0 Likes