Reply
Dec 01 2012
By: mcbuttz78 Treasure Hunter 6342 posts
Offline

crew battle battle in max payne3 remind me socom con battle ?

[ Edited ]
17 replies 190 views Edited Dec 1, 2012

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 18 (190 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 08/17/2010
Online
2181 posts
 

Re: crew battle battle in max payne3 remind me socom con battle ?

Dec 1, 2012
Looks fun and that map looks a little bit like frost fire
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 18 (187 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/02/2009
Offline
6342 posts
 

Re: crew battle battle in max payne3 remind me socom con battle ?

Dec 1, 2012

its very fun.. very hectic .  also alot tatics  like  mic's is involed alot of sets up aswell..  free aim is where it at

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 18 (180 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/07/2008
Online
3240 posts
 

Re: crew battle battle in max payne3 remind me socom con battle ?

Dec 1, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

its very fun.. very hectic .  also alot tatics  like  mic's is involed alot of sets up aswell..  free aim is where it at


LOL Where is slick. Goes to show you when casual features meet socom and why this franchise died.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 18 (174 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/02/2009
Offline
6342 posts
 

Re: crew battle battle in max payne3 remind me socom con battle ?

Dec 1, 2012

what you talking casual features?. when  go up you dont get  a  soft lock aim option it all free aim. its more skillfull than you assume uh oh.   even thought you do respawn it ake some real skill to best  alot of good clans and crews.

 

 The look of  reminds me of socom con, when taking  alot  of clans that where very wild with play.  its very fun  uh oh .

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 18 (170 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/07/2008
Online
3240 posts
 

Re: crew battle battle in max payne3 remind me socom con battle ?

Dec 1, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

what you talking casual features?. when  go up you dont get  a  soft lock aim option it all free aim. its more skillfull than you assume uh oh.   even thought you do respawn it ake some real skill to best  alot of good clans and crews.

 

 The look of  reminds me of socom con, when taking  alot  of clans that where very wild with play.  its very fun  uh oh .


mcbuttz all I was saying is the similarities between Con and that shooter. lol. nothing more. except that those same casual features ruined socom.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 18 (166 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/02/2009
Offline
6342 posts
 

Re: crew battle battle in max payne3 remind me socom con battle ?

Dec 1, 2012

 ok uh oh ..   Alot games  devs dont hardcore games anymore,  the recent hardcore shooter is  dust514.  Which i think kinda casaul. i also think alot folks are going to be playing that.

 

 all  th feature that games has.. But  the devs at rockstars are darn good. i wish socom was around and we could play the devs like that.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 18 (160 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/07/2008
Online
3240 posts
 

Re: crew battle battle in max payne3 remind me socom con battle ?

Dec 1, 2012

Well mcbuttz I saw another thread and the casual shooters are loosing steam in sales. One can only hope that their time is coming to an end. If that is the case maybe we can get back to games that offer more of a complete full gaming experience.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 18 (153 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/02/2009
Offline
6342 posts
 

Re: crew battle battle in max payne3 remind me socom con battle ?

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

uh--oh wrote:

Well mcbuttz I saw another thread and the casual shooters are loosing steam in sales. One can only hope that their time is coming to an end. If that is the case maybe we can get back to games that offer more of a complete full gaming experience.


yes alot games are loosing steam. the gaming  market is changing so  is next generation of gamers. hardcore gaming has been around since  poker cards i assume and chess.  I think gaming need to  find a  way to cater  to everones like, some project dont  need a  super budget becuase the project is very  simple in  style and etc.  Alot of games  are gameplay driven not graphic card  driven, socom frabchise is one of those games.

 

  I understand socom con is spin off  ok.. but the look is of it  is socom and gameplay is what it  is, A  good fans /player know the modes and maps.   Some  features where to brings noobs/fresh blood to play,   like ms pac man had a turbo button,  some loved it,  some disliked it.. To me thats earliest fourm of casual play i can remember to a very good franchise, popular one..

 

It didnt sit well with alot people, but some enjoyed and said it  made it  more enjoyable some  said the oppisite and stop playing altogether.  Same as for socom con some featured made it enjoyable. the run button didnt hinder me any, the knife was button was rarely used by me, it didnt make or break my enjoyment of tatics and gameplay.. But some stop playing alltogether, moan about it.. Kinda like a republlican  the old way or no way.. We dont want any type  diversity.. its kinda selfish in my opinion  becuase you need  new blood to survive.

 

 some call this the  casual era or cod era of gaming.. no serious hardcore games to be had..  but iknow they have few hardcore gamer out their.  You need a few causal features to draw in new blood to the next generation coming in. Just like basketball in my day there  was  no 3 point line, 3 second  vialation or a shot clock.  Some  said it slow the game down  or dumb it down but  alot of  people liked that it,  brought better players to the game. ucla  won like 100 games in a row before the shot clock era.  Since then they havent been so great, and the newr team like butler are killing from the 3pt line..   You have to adjust to the times not everythg is  going to stay the same. but a few things should but not everything, you have to recruit new bloods some how. You cant  just  have5  bill lambeiers  and say your going to win it, becuase one guy is going to find a d. rose. a lebron  james. a shaq, a dwade. a kobe bryant and put them all one team to  use every aspect of the times and gameplay. You cant make it with 5 bill lambeers like you use too.

 

The army/navy miltiary  is not shooting colt1911 45. any more. even thought its  considerd the best  hand gun in miltary history. Old timers like myself knew it was life saver. Now the kids today got something else i think  a sig 9mm in the miltary.  the miltiary young men today love it. I dont see anythng to scream about beside it hold more bullets. the stopping power aint their but  hey you have to adjust times have changed. keep blood flowing

 

 In short the devs today couldve observed and  made things  better like rockstar games do , not try to be so radical.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 18 (147 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/07/2008
Online
3240 posts
 

Re: crew battle battle in max payne3 remind me socom con battle ?

Dec 1, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

Well mcbuttz I saw another thread and the casual shooters are loosing steam in sales. One can only hope that their time is coming to an end. If that is the case maybe we can get back to games that offer more of a complete full gaming experience.


yes alot games are loosing steam. the gaming  market is changing so  is next generation of gamers. hardcore gaming has been around since  poker cards i assume and chess.  I think gaming need to  find a  way to cater  to everones like, some project dont  need a  super budget becuase the project is very  simple in  style and etc.  Alot of games  are gameplay driven not graphic card  driven, socom frabchise is one of those games.

 

  I understand socom con is spin off  ok.. but the look is of it  is socom and gameplay is what it  is, A  good fans /player know the modes and maps.   Some  features where to brings noobs/fresh blood to play,   like ms pac man had a turbo button,  some loved it,  some disliked it.. To me thats earliest fourm of casual play i can remember to a very good franchise, popular one..

 

It didnt sit well with alot people, but some enjoyed and said it  made it  more enjoyable some  said the oppisite and stop playing altogether.  Same as for socom con some featured made it enjoyable. the run button didnt hinder me any, the knife was button was rarely used by me, it didnt make or break my enjoyment of tatics and gameplay.. But some stop playing alltogether, moan about it.. Kinda like a republlican  the old way or no way.. We dont want any type  diversity.. its kinda selfish in my opinion  becuase you need  new blood to survive.

 

 some call this the  casual era or cod era of gaming.. no serious hardcore games to be had..  but iknow they have few hardcore gamer out their.  You need a few causal features to draw in new blood to the next generation coming in. Just like basketball in my day there  was  no 3 point line, 3 second  vialation or a shot clock.  Some  said it slow the game down  or dumb it down but  alot of  people liked that it,  brought better players to the game. ucla  won like 100 games in a row before the shot clock era.  Since then they havent been so great, and the newr team like butler are killing from the 3pt line..   You have to adjust to the times not everythg is  going to stay the same. but a few things should but not everything, you have to recruit new bloods some how. You cant  just  have5  bill lambeiers  and say your going to win it, becuase one guy is going to find a d. rose. a lebron  james. a shaq, a dwade. a kobe bryant and put them all one team to  use every aspect of the times and gameplay. You cant make it with 5 bill lambeers like you use too.

 

The army/navy miltiary  is not shooting colt1911 45. any more. even thought its  considerd the best  hand gun in miltary history. Old timers like myself knew it was life saver. Now the kids today got something else i think  a sig 9mm in the miltary.  the miltiary young men today love it. I dont see anythng to scream about beside it hold more bullets. the stopping power aint their but  hey you have to adjust times have changed. keep blood flowing

 

 In short the devs today couldve observed and  made things  better like rockstar games do , not try to be so radical.


Your thought is understood but here is something to chew on. In its day socom was unique and distinct. As the years rolled by many here stated that the content, features were ohsolete. Then as new casual shooters came out I started to see old socom features re-emerge in a new shooter and provide a new perspective for their game. Now if that can work wonders for casual games.

 

Imagine how it would be for our socom game? Just maybe everyone was wrong. They thought those features were old and worn but in reality those classic content were years ahead of the business. Now combine that with the lazyness of devs now days , everyone made their jobs easier. everyone settled for just flashy games instead of ones that offer a full experience. So lets hope the casuals are coming to an end and we can get back to a unique and distinct classic socom once again.

 

I sure would love one more classic new socom before I get too old to play.. lol

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 18 (143 Views)
Reply
0 Likes