Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1110 posts

Re: Zipper, another remake question for you.

Aug 23, 2011

We don't care what you "want" to do.Do what makes money for your company and makes your fans happy.Otherwise you won't have a company to work for.We want SOCOM 2HD or a collection.Obviously if the last two SOCOM's flopped it's because we don't like where you're taking it.Follow God of War's method and don't mess with a winning formula.

Photobucket
Message 11 of 200 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
186 posts

Aug 23, 2011

zpr_Roper wrote:

We'd have to completely redo the whole thing from scratch - none of that stuff would hold up well as-is and would have to be redone. It would be like making a completely new game, except in that case we would just be going by some existing blueprints and wouldn't have much freedom in what we were doing.

In other words, I don't think anyone really wants to do that. Would you want to spend a couple years redoing something that you've already done?

--------------------
Chris Roper
Zipper Interactive
--------------------

If I were a developer for Zipper and I helped made a previous  Socom, I would be more than happy to remake another one. Yall current workers must not understand how awesome Socom is? If i developed an old school Socom I would play it as much as the fans. Zipper has no pride in Socom and everything is an excuse to why you cant make a real socom. Yall are lame I hope Sony drops yall soon!!!!!!!!! 
Message 12 of 200 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
898 posts

Aug 23, 2011

zpr_Roper wrote:

We'd have to completely redo the whole thing from scratch - none of that stuff would hold up well as-is and would have to be redone. It would be like making a completely new game, except in that case we would just be going by some existing blueprints and wouldn't have much freedom in what we were doing.

In other words, I don't think anyone really wants to do that. Would you want to spend a couple years redoing something that you've already done?

--------------------
Chris Roper
Zipper Interactive
--------------------

Roper you should not have to explain something you already have explained over and over many times. People with common sense would get it the first time you explained it I know I did.

Message 13 of 200 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2428 posts

Aug 23, 2011

zpr_Roper wrote:

--------------------
Chris Roper
Zipper Interactive
--------------------

I damm sure dont want to play a 10 year old game all over again...You guys are doing a great job despite what the 100 people here say

Message 14 of 200 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16881 posts

Aug 23, 2011

zpr_Roper wrote:

--------------------
Chris Roper
Zipper Interactive
--------------------

thats called having a job.  do you think construction workers like building the same houses year after year?  how about road crews?  blacktop is blacktop its the same thing everyday.  most jobs are the same thing day in and day out.  heres the problem though, developers think they are artists instead of programmers, they dont care what people think of their work because they are trying to "express" themselves, well guess what?  you guys work for us, we are the consumers, we pay you.  if you dont make a quality product you dont get a paycheck, so maybe you guys should rethink a fw things and start giving your consumers what they want.  or, go belly up, its your choice.

Photobucket
Message 15 of 200 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16881 posts

Aug 23, 2011

erickonasis31 wrote:

zpr_Roper wrote:

--------------------
Chris Roper
Zipper Interactive
--------------------

I damm sure dont want to play a 10 year old game all over again...You guys are doing a great job despite what the 100 people here say

Zipper please apologize to all the mega hardcore players. You have to realize that some people have no life outside of Socom

the 100 people here have more weight behind their words than the 5 people that agree with you.

Photobucket
Message 16 of 200 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
186 posts

Aug 23, 2011

i agree with SLICK but guess what? Zipper does not care!! Sony has billions so they arent worried about making a good game. Once they keep failing they will get dropped, then they will want to make a real sOCOM

Message 17 of 200 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
898 posts

Aug 23, 2011

erickonasis31 wrote:

zpr_Roper wrote:

--------------------
Chris Roper
Zipper Interactive
--------------------

Zipper please apologize to all the mega hardcore players. You have to realize that some people have no life outside of Socom

I would not object to a remake cuz Socom is all I have play when it comes to shooters I dont care for FPS. But I agree with you when you say its the same 100 people posting over and over. Lol I dont think its even 100 its more like less than 50 people that post the same negative threads over and over.

Message 18 of 200 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
14053 posts

Aug 23, 2011

zpr_Roper wrote:

--------------------
Chris Roper
Zipper Interactive
--------------------

Well you guys kept saying it was the MP that was the big problem and kept pointing out how those other remakes are SP. So now you're telling me your company isn't capable of doing what the other devs are doing? The MP excuse is gone now. As far as your "freedom in what you are doing" I think it's pretty obvious that when you guys exercise that freedom to do things different it's a failed product. Personally I think your company just takes great joy in denying the remake because if it never happens you can still hold on to those lies that the old games couldn't sell today. You won't have to face the embarassment of those old games brining in much greater sales then the games you guys insisted had to change to sell more copies.

If your company cared at all about it's fans or it's reputation I don't think doing a remake would be as big of a problem as you make it out to be. You guys are simply making mountains out of mole hills just to justify not giving your fans the same kind of treatment the fans of numerous other franchises are now getting. If you guys are so concerned with your "freedom" then I think it's safe to assume that Sony didn't have such a big hand in the ruining of Socom and it was more of you guys exercisizing your "freedom" that destroyed and downgraded this game.

Sig: Socom 1 and 2 best games I've played on any console.
Message 19 of 200 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
14053 posts

Aug 23, 2011

Redline80 wrote:

We don't care what you "want" to do.Do what makes money for your company and makes your fans happy.Otherwise you won't have a company to work for.We want SOCOM 2HD or a collection.Obviously if the last two SOCOM's flopped it's because we don't like where you're taking it.Follow God of War's method and don't mess with a winning formula.

Photobucket

Yeah, they been doing what they want to do since Socom 3, they've had plenty of freedom time and are just proving yet again they are the worst dev in the history of video games when it comes to caring about their fanbase. The more i see this kind of stuff the more it becomes clear why Zipper has been a second rate dev with poor sales since 2005. They'd rather spite their fanbase then make money. They have a hatred for the fanbase for the attitudes but they never once stopped to think of why the attitudes are the way they are today. After 4 straight changed and evolved games in this franchise that all made the game progressively worse what should they expect from the fanbase they been ignoring every step of the way?

Sig: Socom 1 and 2 best games I've played on any console.
Message 20 of 200 (42 Views)
0 Likes