Dec 02 2012
By: xCougarx94 I Only Post Everything 1031 posts

Would you want New Socom on PS3 or Next Gen consoles ?

23 replies 325 views Edited Dec 2, 2012

Just wonder what you guys would prefer 

Message 1 of 24 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4291 posts

Re: Would you want New Socom on PS3 or Next Gen consoles ?

Dec 2, 2012

for the ps3. Considering I rushed out to get ps3 for Con only to find out that game sucked, So did S4.....

Message 2 of 24 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4172 posts

Dec 2, 2012

It doesn't matter as long as it is good!

Message 3 of 24 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4253 posts

Dec 2, 2012

s2hd now con2 ps4!

Message 4 of 24 (311 Views)
Treasure Hunter
9232 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Brand new socom title on PS4. I have faith that there is some dev out there who can pull it off.

Take the whole thing to the next level, do it right, make it better than any other tactical shooter ever previously made.

Insanely good, photo realistic graphics, use the right features with no cheap gimmicks, keep the original formula as a guideline but bring any new features that truly advance the game...

Use what ever new technologies that the PS4 has to utilize that WORK, and leave out the ones that dont.

Message 5 of 24 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Dec 2, 2012

I don't know if next-gen systems will be able to support it, but I'd like to see fully destructible environments. Socom always had fewer explosions than other games (other than the first 30 seconds of a round), so I would think that it wouldn't disrupt the flow of the map too much.

Message 6 of 24 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9232 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Jburzy2 wrote:

I don't know if next-gen systems will be able to support it, but I'd like to see fully destructible environments. Socom always had fewer explosions than other games (other than the first 30 seconds of a round), so I would think that it wouldn't disrupt the flow of the map too much.

See, I like the idea of destructible environments in games, just dont think its really appropriate for socom.

Socom is not really a "war game". Its more about seals getting in and getting out, completing objectives with stealth, strategy and team work... More like chess than a "shooter game". Thats what I like about it. Not just zipping around the map solo, with 203's and rocket launchers like rambo blowing everything to **bleep**. (as many around here like to play it)

But in games like battlefield and other war games more focused on complete chaos, the destructible environments work well.

Thats just my 2 cents.

Message 7 of 24 (297 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1021 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2012

Dirty_Walter wrote:

Jburzy2 wrote:

See, I like the idea of destructible environments in games, just dont think its really appropriate for socom.

Socom is not really a "war game". Its more about seals getting in and getting out, completing objectives with stealth, strategy and team work... More like chess than a "shooter game". Thats what I like about it. Not just zipping around the map solo, with 203's and rocket launchers like rambo blowing everything to **bleep**. (as many around here like to play it)

But in games like battlefield and other war games more focused on complete chaos, the destructible environments work well.

Thats just my 2 cents.

I do agree that Socom is a stealth type game but i think if shoot into a wall the bullet hole should be there.  I do see what you are saying walter but I would love a "realistic" environment.  I also want to be able to pick up and move dead bodies.

aka smokeethetire
Message 8 of 24 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4253 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Lordmarshal wrote:

Dirty_Walter wrote:

Jburzy2 wrote:

Thats just my 2 cents.

I do agree that Socom is a stealth type game but i think if shoot into a wall the bullet hole should be there.  I do see what you are saying walter but I would love a "realistic" environment.  I also want to be able to pick up and move dead bodies.

Lol that would be great free kills when dudes move bodies.

I don't get it when people say stealthy unless you mean the dudes who corner camp and wait for you to run by then shoot you in the back.

Message 9 of 24 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9232 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Message 10 of 24 (284 Views)
0 Likes