Highlighted
Sep 19 2012
By: socompete123 Lombax Warrior 120 posts

Why you'll never see a Socom 2 HD online

10 replies 1173 views Edited Sep 19, 2012
The infrastructure is easily hackable

It's too hard to code for ps3 hardware

Zipper is gone, the only devs who knew the game or could push for it

There is no future for Socom therefore an hd remake is strictly for past fans. Sony wants money they don't care about pleasing a few hundred fans. Lots of hd remakes are to set up for future games on current hardware.

Sony wants you on battlefirld or ghost recon considering they are in EA and ubisofts pocket

Just my opinion

Message 1 of 11 (1,173 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4253 posts

Re: Why you'll never see a Socom 2 HD online

Sep 19, 2012

Moders have remade halflife from the ground up for free. If they can do that a team at sony could do it no problem.

If any of that was true they could just do con 2.

Message 2 of 11 (1,137 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
16953 posts

Sep 19, 2012

socompete123 wrote:

on the ps2, in fact all games were...

Photobucket
Message 3 of 11 (1,126 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1676 posts

Sep 19, 2012

Lol "The infrastructure is easily hackable"

Just look at COD that game people just modfile the gamesave and are flying in the air.

Message 4 of 11 (1,088 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
14142 posts

Sep 19, 2012

socompete123 wrote:

There is no future for Socom therefore an hd remake is strictly for past fans. Sony wants money they don't care about pleasing a few hundred fans. Lots of hd remakes are to set up for future games on current hardware.

Sony wants you on battlefirld or ghost recon considering they are in EA and ubisofts pocket

Just my opinion

A) as Slick stated all games were easily hackable on the PS 2. Virtually every online game I ever played on the PS 2 was loaded with hackers including all EA's sports games. So that's not a Socom 2 issue but rather a hardware issue which could be remedied if it had the current firmware requirements which it would as a new release.

B) You don't know anything about coding so we can throw that statement out the window since you really have no clue as to what it would involve.

C) Zipper being gone is pretty much unrelated to a remake. Not one single remake made for the PS 3 was made by the original dev. Example: God of War collections and Metal Gear solid collection were not done by Sony Santa Monica and Konami, they were done by blue point games. You don't have to "create" a game in a remake, ytou just need to figure out how to reverse engineer the orignal disc so the original dev isn't needed at all.

D) We know you hate classic Socom with a passion, you've made that clear on the boards that you came very late to the series and so you hate on the past games cause you weren't a part of them and hate hearing people talk about the good old days of Socom that you never got to experience Realistically you can't say there's no future in a game you never experienced and don't even understand why they were liked or addictive for the true Socom fanbase.

E) If Sony simply wanted us on BF they wouldn't have invested money in any shooters this gen, they would have saved a boatload of money by not making Killzone, Resistance, or Socom games and just spent a small amount of money advertising for BF if that was so lucrative for them.

Let's not be pretentious here, this isn't your opinion so much as it's you sitting there brain storming on what new negative things you can post to get some attention from other Socom fans. If you hate classic Socom which were the only profitable Socoms Sony ever had and all you can do is defend the latest trash they put out with the Socom label on it then Socom was never meant for you, it might be time for you to go find a new series to play cause you clearly hate Socom and are completely anti Socom in everything you post. We get it. you love CON and S4 cause you had nothing else to compare it to and you are furious that the fans shunned those games and let them fail but your postings won't change whatever the future might be for Socom no matter how desperately you wish you words could have any sort of effect on the series. I might believe this was your opinion if they weren't so irrational and clearly meant just to troll. To say that Sony doesn't want people buying their first party stuff and want them on BF instead just shows how badly you are grasping at straws for a chance to bash the series you pretend to be a fan of but prove you are far from it in every single post.

Sig: Socom 1 and 2 best games I've played on any console.
Message 5 of 11 (1,085 Views)
Fender Bender
3725 posts

Sep 22, 2012

TOMBSTONE4U wrote:

socompete123 wrote:

Just my opinion

A) as Slick stated all games were easily hackable on the PS 2. Virtually every online game I ever played on the PS 2 was loaded with hackers including all EA's sports games. So that's not a Socom 2 issue but rather a hardware issue which could be remedied if it had the current firmware requirements which it would as a new release.

B) You don't know anything about coding so we can throw that statement out the window since you really have no clue as to what it would involve.

C) Zipper being gone is pretty much unrelated to a remake. Not one single remake made for the PS 3 was made by the original dev. Example: God of War collections and Metal Gear solid collection were not done by Sony Santa Monica and Konami, they were done by blue point games. You don't have to "create" a game in a remake, ytou just need to figure out how to reverse engineer the orignal disc so the original dev isn't needed at all.

D) We know you hate classic Socom with a passion, you've made that clear on the boards that you came very late to the series and so you hate on the past games cause you weren't a part of them and hate hearing people talk about the good old days of Socom that you never got to experience Realistically you can't say there's no future in a game you never experienced and don't even understand why they were liked or addictive for the true Socom fanbase.

E) If Sony simply wanted us on BF they wouldn't have invested money in any shooters this gen, they would have saved a boatload of money by not making Killzone, Resistance, or Socom games and just spent a small amount of money advertising for BF if that was so lucrative for them.

Let's not be pretentious here, this isn't your opinion so much as it's you sitting there brain storming on what new negative things you can post to get some attention from other Socom fans. If you hate classic Socom which were the only profitable Socoms Sony ever had and all you can do is defend the latest trash they put out with the Socom label on it then Socom was never meant for you, it might be time for you to go find a new series to play cause you clearly hate Socom and are completely anti Socom in everything you post. We get it. you love CON and S4 cause you had nothing else to compare it to and you are furious that the fans shunned those games and let them fail but your postings won't change whatever the future might be for Socom no matter how desperately you wish you words could have any sort of effect on the series. I might believe this was your opinion if they weren't so irrational and clearly meant just to troll. To say that Sony doesn't want people buying their first party stuff and want them on BF instead just shows how badly you are grasping at straws for a chance to bash the series you pretend to be a fan of but prove you are far from it in every single post.

**bleep** TOMB, you just burst that little guys bubble.   LOL you just slapped that troll back to COD.

Message 6 of 11 (981 Views)
Sackboy
630 posts

Sep 24, 2012

They see me trolling they hating, Patrolling they tryin to catch me trolling dirty.Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 11 (940 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Socom 1 & 2 are the BEST games I ever played on any console also. Even 3, and Combined assault were good. They were at least worthy of being called Socom. The francise did begin to go downhill after 2 though. I NEVER used the eject button on my PS2. I NEVER took the games out to play another game except to put the new one in. I am a TRUE Socom Vet. I am doubtful of Sony releasing Socom1,2,3,or CA in HD because if they did, I don't think they would sell much of anything else unless they screwed  up and made the games suck somehow. But then again I am predisposed to doubt them because they have dissapointed me so much since the PS3 came out, as far as Socom and Multiplayer shooters are concerned.  I am saddened that this new Gen will not get to experience the intensity and absolute awesomeness of the gaming blast of the Real Socom Francise. They have NO idea what they are missing. So this is why I don't think we'll ever see The Real Socom online.

RSD says GSI runs the night
Message 8 of 11 (813 Views)
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Sep 30, 2012
RSD

The last 3 sentences of your post are perfect. There was nothing like the Real SOCOM franchise and the intense addictive sessions. I also never took SOCOM out of my PS2, there was no need to back then.
Message 9 of 11 (785 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Sep 30, 2012
No game has ever came close to socom on ps2. Cod4 and confrontation were the best on ps3 (before the tilly and thermal).
Message 10 of 11 (754 Views)
0 Likes